Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Tue Jan 31 2012 12:15:20

EcommerceBytes Expands Coverage with New Blog

I launched my first blog in September 2001, and launched the AuctionBytes Blog in 2005. Two years later, it was featured in the book "Blogging Heroes" published by Wiley alongside such notables as Steve Garfield, Robert Scoble and Gina Trapani.

Julia Wilkinson is a blogging hero herself, and I'm thrilled to announce that Julia Wilkinson as the new Editor of the AuctionBytes Blog. I will continue to blog here, the new home of the EcommerceBytes Blog.

The EcommerceBytes website is receiving unprecedented traffic growth and we continue to expand our coverage of the ecommerce industry, so having Julia on board is a tremendous asset. We've worked together for years, and she has helped us cover industry conferences and events. She's a talented and experienced reporter, author and blogger (see my introduction to Julia on the AuctionBytes Blog).

While Julia will publish posts closer to AuctionBytes' roots, such as auctions, collectibles, and sourcing products at estate and yard sales - as well as being the point person for many of the alternative and emerging marketplaces - I'll continue to cover ecommerce right here, tackling issues related to marketplace selling, ecommerce website hosting, mobile commerce, online payments, shipping and more. There may be instances where Julia and I will both post our perspectives on an industry event, and we believe that adding another voice will add to our depth of coverage.

This is an exciting time for online sellers with lots of opportunities ahead. I hope that you'll find both blogs useful to your online selling activities. You can subscribe to the new EcommerceBytes Blog RSS feed here, and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

Perminate Link for EcommerceBytes Expands Coverage with New Blog   EcommerceBytes Expands Coverage with New Blog

This user has validated their user name. by: David Steiner

Tue Jan 31 12:35:49 2012

Welcome Julia!

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Tue Jan 31 14:29:05 2012

Good luck and continued success to everyone!

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Tue Jan 31 15:10:23 2012

Thanks, David and Annie! :) I thank both Ina and David for this opportunity. Would love to hear what topics are foremost on everyone's mind..post a comment on the AuctionBytes Blog. I will also be checking this Blog. :) Thanks again! - Julia

This user has validated their user name. by: Ina

Tue Jan 31 15:24:54 2012

"Will AB and EB become two separate companies? ~ Will there be any change to the newsletter subscriptions?"

No, and no. :)

The only thing that changes is you'll have to bookmark the new EcommerceBytes blog page in order to continue to keep reading my posts.

by: Quicksilver Messenger This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 1 10:12:56 2012

Welcome aboard, Julia! I have enjoyed your other newsletters immensely.

by: zvicki This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 1 13:59:52 2012

Hi - and welcome to Julia!

I have a question though: I've tried two times to click the link you provided and it takes me to a text/code page?
Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to be sure I get both emails please - if you can tell me how, thank you in advance. Zvicki

This user has validated their user name. by: Ina

Wed Feb 1 16:34:52 2012

We have two email newsletters, here's the link to the subscribe page:

We include links to these blog posts in the Newsflash email newsletter.

The other link you are referring to is for following the blogs on RSS feed readers, such as Google Reader. You need to have a "reader" set up, then you add that URL to the reader.

I highly recommend RSS readers to keep up with blogs. Do a google search if you aren't familiar with them.

Hope that makes it easier!