Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Mon Sept 9 2019 21:00:11

eBay Quizzes Users on Shopping Features

eBay has a number of features designed to help shoppers, and it's running a poll on social media to test users' knowledge. The poll asked users:

"Test your #ebaytech knowledge: Which of the following tools notifies buyers about new inventory or price changes on eBay? Check back tomorrow to find out the answer!"

It offered four features from which to choose:

Visual Shopping
Recently Viewed
Bookmarks
Save and Watch

Do you know how to sign up to receive notices about new items or price changes on existing items in which you're interested? Are you familiar with the four features above? Any thoughts on other features useful to shoppers?

Perminate Link for eBay Quizzes Users on Shopping Features   eBay Quizzes Users on Shopping Features

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Tue Sep 10 06:11:43 2019

Ebay MISSION CREEP.
Deadly and insidious.
NEW CLEAN ORGANIC VENUE NOW !

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 06:37:37 2019

The less we have to deal with fleecebay on a daily basis the better off we are. Their little polls mean nothing as they don't care anyways. WE DON'T WANT EBAY IN OUR FACES 24/7 Just let me log on in the morning and spend my 10 minutes and let me log out for the day. Done Finished Through. The only thing we want to hear is Fleecebay has sunk.

by: maxmad This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 07:49:25 2019

As a buyer, I have no clue how to receive notices about new items or price changes on existing items,,,,,,,,,,,, but I am well informed by ebay and know exactly how to open cases on sellers,

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 09:06:14 2019

@madmax

PERFECT LOL

This user has validated their user name. by: NoMoreEbay

Tue Sep 10 10:18:54 2019

How about one tools for buyers. Only one.

1. ''Type in your search words and find everything listed on our site related to your search.''

''Disclaimer:
1. You will no longer have to select our 7pt font link ''see all items'' to view everything available.

2. Categories will no longer be pre-selected for you as we've found our categories are so screwed up, the same item could appear in multiple categories.

3. When excluding China in your search, this will now include all sellers who are located in China, including ones who drop ship from California.

4. We will no longer exclude some items in some searches. All items will be shown at all times.

5. We will no longer show you just what we think you want. Your search terms will  dictate the search results from now on.''

As it is, all ebay is doing and continues to do is put more lipstick on a severely disabled pig.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 10:32:41 2019

tough crowd

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Tue Sep 10 10:36:06 2019

Actually.....I use it a lot for the items I'm watching. My watch items are usually already really low priced, so if I can get in on a price drop, I do.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 16:23:03 2019

most useful thing for shoppers that I can think of for shoppers is: do not waste your time on fleecebay. search does not work, you will not find anything you search for.

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 20:28:24 2019

Ebay no longer waits for its sellers to sign up for any notifications.  I currently receive between 5-10 spam emails daily from Ebay regarding anything and everything that i have looked at or tried to find on their site.  Every single solitary item that I viewed I receive emails for 2-3 days trying to get me to look at it again or buy it.  The number of emails from Ebay in my mailbox has gotten so bad that now i just delete any and all emails from Ebay and am actually coming very close to blocking all emails from Ebay.

No wonder buyers are no longer looking at anything on Ebay.  If they don't buy it right then and there their mailboxes get inundated with junk mail because Ebay no longer understands anything about their customers other than they are desperate for buyers to make a purchase.  Something tells me that even with Devins normal cooking of the books that Ebays 3rd quarter is going to look pathetic.

Now I understand all of the pushing to force many of their larger sellers into Mangled Payments by October as Ebay is hoping to at least salvage one quarter out of the year.  Also just read something that I seen before about Ebays agreement with Paypal

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 20:35:17 2019

Oh boy!  A quiz on an eBay 'feature'.  Yup, getting right on that.

Actually, it's just another of their Disneyesque attempts to seem 'approachable', as if buyers were just itchin' to make eBay some kind of SM element integral to their lives.  But it seems to be missing an answer choice that would more truly reveal what most of 'their' buyers - who just want to find what THEY seek and have a smooth, glitch free transaction - really think...

e) Don't care.

by: OnlyPollyPocket This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 10 21:43:32 2019

@Silver Ice King

Ditto, I hate to even look at anything on ebay because I know I will be inundated with emails regarding the item...whether or not I bought it!

Example:  20 years ago I researched and finally bought a Cleveland golf club for my husband.  To this day, I still get emails from ebay to let me know a Cleveland Golf Club has been listed.  Not only did I buy it back in the day but my darling has been playing that great golf course in the sky for nearly 5 years!

Sheesh!

by: DevilishlySarky This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 12 09:04:16 2019

Lets have a quiz then

Q1/ Where are my items ?

Q2/ Why aren't they selling ?

Q3/ What am I paying ebay for ?

Q4/ Wtf are you doing about it ?

by: Disgusted This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 12 09:59:18 2019

Is there anybody out there that likes ebay?????
I have followed a few resellers on you tube.  They all have stopped using ebay.  Some reported that ebay allowed the buyers to keep the item and refunded in full.
I guess you might have a chance if you sell items that you picked up or have that are free to you. Then you only have to worry about shipping and fees.
ebay had a great thing going wayyyy back when.  Greed took over and the blew it big time.

by: MIscetal This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 12 14:19:19 2019

I've just spent twenty minutes trying to get back to the same listing I looked at an hour ago, and it will NOT come up in search again.

BUT when I asked a friend to search - bingo.

Ridiculous

by: industrystones This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 12 15:02:52 2019

eBay has a number of features designed to help shoppers,

- Stick it up your A%* ebay.
My Search items list "eliminating certain sellers" . .  hasn't worked in 5 years now. Even as i re-upload it and TRY and Re-Save it, it won't let me. The sheer audacity of this contemptible company is peerless.