Wed July 15 2020 20:04:35

6-Hour Wait Times to Get eBay Payments Support

eBay sellers being forced into Managed Payments this month are experiencing 6-hour wait times for phone support at times, according to an eBay moderator. He related the information matter-of-factly, adding that at times, eBay has to shut off the option to call because of spikes in volume.

This was the exchange between a seller and the moderator on today's eBay Weekly Chat:

Seller: "So eBay is well aware of the MP deadline yet they can't seem to manage to have enough support staff.  Why is it that eBay continues to hide behind the pandemic excuse yet sellers are expected to keep trucking along like everything is normal?  My understanding is there are no extensions for us yet your MP team lacks the bodies to do their job..."

eBay Moderator: "I'm not sure what you are referring to in regards to the pandemic, but I can confirm that recently our managed payments teams have experienced an incredibly high increase in call volume, which has led to long wait times (sometimes exceeding 6 hours) and resulted in us having to shut off the option to call us or have us call you at times. This is something we have had to do from time to time for various topics when the number of calls for that topic result in excessive wait times.

"Obviously we strive to maintain staffing at a level that meets the needs of our customers, and we are working to address any spikes in volume at this time. We appreciate your patience while we support our Community through this transition and recommend that you continue to check the related help page for your question to see available contact options."

It's not surprising sellers have a lot of questions, it's just not clear why eBay hasn't adequately prepared its customer support operations.

Perminate Link for 6-Hour Wait Times to Get eBay Payments Support   6-Hour Wait Times to Get eBay Payments Support

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 15 22:11:02 2020

Ebay can;t meet the demand because they have been so cheap with their $ and do not have nearly enough trained staff for Mangled Payments.  Its bad enough that they appear to have pulled all of their decent programmers to work on the backside of Mangled Payments because Ebay wants to have so much control but not having enough staff members available to respond to Mangled Payments questions.  Maybe this also explains why the Mangled Payments folder is blocked to anybody not already in the program and why they will  not release any cost amounts before you agree to sign up for their sorry service.  No other site has had these issues when converting to Adyen as their processor, only Ebay which usually shows that they are really changing things compared to how the other sites have operated using Adyen.

Good luck to all of those Sellers that are being forced into Mangled Payments and cannot make the change to another site as they are dependent on Ebay.  Ebay is going to see the same thing that others are seeing and know that they have another fish on the line to be reeled in so they can continually reach deeper and deeper into those Sellers pockets so they can continue to get those outrageous salaries and bonuses while seeing their overall truthful GMV start dropping like a rock as Sellers are forced to raise their prices to cover Ebays deep reaching hands.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 15 22:34:08 2020

eBay is a cash cow.
It's had FIVE YEARS to plan, develop, and execute this "thing".
Where did the money go?
Not to MP. You get what you pay for.
Or, as I learned early on...the things you care about are the things you get done.

by: justchangecarriers This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 15 23:14:39 2020

I have had the worst experience ever. The whole process makes me very uncomfortable. I opened a new account at a bank for this. During the pandemic, extremely inconvenient. Had to set a day appointment just to open an account.

I set up my online account. Everything works fine. I go to ebay to enroll, I find my bank in the options, and try to log in. It will not work even though I can access it on my banks website fine. I use the manual method. I entered my account and routing number and all my information matches my ebay account. It all should be good.

They then request a document to verify the account with my Name, Address, Account Number, Bank Logo and Name, and Date. My first bare e-statement online doesnt have half of that, so I found my contract document with all that information on it perfectly. Its an account summary. Ebay gets back to me and tells me that document is not sufficient. They need a voided check or a statement. Well like I said, the statement doesnt have that info. I do not have checks for this account. I called ebay today. I waited 2 hours on the phone. Finally got through and the rep said my document looks like the information is good and he will resubmit for manual review. I get another email saying the document was not good.

They now also want a picture of the front and back of my driver's license. Why on earth would they need this? Paypal sure never did.  So why do I have to send all this personal information when if your login would have worked, that would have been good enough? All these hoops just to make ebay more money. Managed payments does not help me at all. If it didnt exist people would just use the options they already used. This isnt good for anyone but ebay. I do not trust ebay will all this information and documentation. This program is going to fail. If Im having this much trouble I cant be the only one.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 15 23:23:02 2020

Think about it...eBay has been gladly accepting payments from long-standing sellers like myself, many for over 20 years.
Now it's like they don't even know us.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 15 23:26:06 2020

"Small business ... i mean SMALL MINDS, live here (eBay)

Small minds is right.

eBay is betting not just the farm - but the ENTIRE business on MP and you have to wait 6 hrs to be told "nothing"?

Where are the genius's from Seekingalpha and all the others who push this stock up to $50 a share - cause "MP is going to be the savior of the company!"

Right after lawyers - stock brokers (those who know that the emperor has no new clothes) should be brought up on charges for fraud.

The idiots in charge (that would be the do nothings on the board who should fire the 2 mental midgets from Walmart) should be ashamed for not getting it right the first time out.

I sent them in all the info they wanted and they are still arguing with me - "dude the paperwork from NJ State that tells you my companies name and DBA along with my tax resale number SHOULD be enough to prove what I told you when I filled out the MP questions"

Whats the problem?

PAGING THE SLEEPING GRIFTER - go help your buddies figure this all out - wake up!

by: justchangecarriers This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 00:38:24 2020

yup, Ive only had that account for 16 years and paid them thousands of dollars. But they need to quadruple verify every detail about me just to link an account.

by: Geetar This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 01:42:43 2020

Yes my was not on their "we hope you use this bank" list. So I uploaded a statement, Thursday. Nothing happened except me seeing ALL OVER THE PLACE "please update bank info" . So I called today. They were trying to answer a different question than what I was asking.  Ye, Yes, No, No, I did all of that. I uploaded a statement...nothing happened....is there a prompt after you upload. Theres nothing here...how do I know you got it...."well we didnt it's showing you didnt upload anything"...After all that "we'll call you back tomorrow." I doubt that. Any time ebay ever told me that, they never EVER called back.

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED? NO ONE else makes you do all of this to accept payments. NO ONE, not even AMAZON!

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 01:59:50 2020

Why indeed does the foreign money processing companies that Ebay is using want more than a name and and a routing number? All this information is worth a bundle to sell on the side. Imagine the new credit card accounts that can be opened with such information?

by: pfft!! This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 05:13:32 2020

It's been a NIGHTMARE for us.  I'm registered with ebay under my BUSINESS name with MY PERSONAL name as the "owner".  My checks have MY PERSONAL name because that's how I prefer it.  NOBODY else has ever had a problem with this.  I sell on Etsy, Amazon, Bonanza, Ecrater etc.  I've been using the SAME bank account for all of them for MANY MANY years.  I was EASILY able to get it verified through all of those sites (plus payment services like Stripe etc).  Yet ebay demands that my business name be the ONLY name on my checking acct and for this reason keeps denying the verification.  My bank isn't even OPEN so it's not like I can just drive down and change it at any time.  And honestly, WHY should I have to?  Absolutely ridiculous.

Add to that I've heard that Ayden is the one they're using.  Isn't that the same one Etsy uses?  And if so, WHY are they making it so freakin' difficult on Ebay when it took about a NANOSECOND to do it on Etsy?   Especially frustrating when they're doing it right in the middle of a time when so many businesses are shut down altogether!  GRRRRRrrrrrrr.  Whatever happened to being able to verify by making a tiny deposit into our band account and letting us verify it that way?

by: pfft!! This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 05:14:54 2020

band=BANK

by: Denny This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 08:32:56 2020

I believe E-bay can not force MP legally unless you sign up for it with lots of proof for them like bank info drivers Lic etc.???

by: sacsrpc3 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 09:23:05 2020

I have held out on siging up for MP. Just checked today and I am still able to create new listings.....the warning box still stating that sellers will be required to signup before they can create new listings is gone too.  I have created several new listings today and they have gone live. I am now in hyper drive to net and migrate any remaining customers over to my shopify store.

by: Geetar This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 09:52:45 2020

Well IDK, I can see this is going to be an up hill battle with them. I am 100% legit. But just think about it, unless they are doing some kind of real check of your identity / business and not just looking at an uploaded document, the forgers could really have a field day with this. I mean how hard would it be to forge a bank document?

But yet here I am 100% legit, and they want to make everything difficult.

It must have something to do with that ayden is overseas and not in the US that they are making it this difficult? Maybe some kind of laws?? IDK, all of this just doesnt make sense. Why so many hoops to jump through? I know it's ebay, but WTF!!

by: acc756 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 09:53:20 2020

Meanwhile on the power seller's board someone reported they got a call reminding them to sign up before the deadline - but they've been in MP since October.

So eBay has plenty of resources to expend on nagging people to sign up (apparently without even a basic check to see if they already are or not), but those with questions, concerns, or issues get 6 hour wait times.

Certainly shows where eBay's priorities are in all of this.

by: Geetar This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 09:55:32 2020

If some how they shut off my paypal before the managed payments is approved, and they think they are going to hold my money in the meantime....Forget it. My store will be on vacation faster than I can hit the enter button. Then they can figure out what the problem with their approval process is, BECAUSE IT IS NOT ME!

by: acc756 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 10:00:11 2020

And where is Wendy Jones in all of this? It continues to baffle me how the person ultimately responsible for eBay Global Customer Service continues to fly under the radar when CS is so obviously failing to perform to any kind of acceptable standard.

It certainly makes me wonder what eBay thought she did that was worth an $11 million bonus in 2018.

by: Denny This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 10:12:53 2020

They told me around 6 months ago to sign up and I shut them out of auto payments from my Pay Pal and told them sorry I'll just move on. Let me know so I can close my account and have heard nothing since.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 10:14:53 2020

Anybody else feel like Jack?...trading your bank info for some magic beans?

by: Davina T This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 10:37:18 2020

I am glad I didn't enroll. They promised "pennies"  (cough cough) for each transaction. Lower fees. Fast payouts. If I have to sign up for mangled payments in order to buy things, I will not comply. I stopped selling awhile back. I use Paypal only these days. I hope things get better for anyone who is feeling down about the situation.

by: papergoy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 16 11:11:13 2020

I did laugh out loud about one part of the eBay answer, surprised no one else caught it-
"I'm not sure what you are referring to in regards to the pandemic"

Oh, just a total global shutdown, nothing to see here....

1 2 3  [Next Page]