Fri Oct 23 2020 12:31:15

Sellers Report Problems Listing on eBay

By: Reader

eBay sellers are having problems editing listings today. In one thread on the eBay discussion boards, a seller wrote:

"It is Friday 10/23 and I am unable to EDIT ANY of my hundreds of listings today. Anyone else finding this problem today? Called support and they simply stated they will have the  *technical dept" look into it......."

On another thread, a seller wrote:

"Page displays an item but has the 'busy' circle. Can't make any changes."

Down Detector also showed reports of problems today.

A seller who tweeted about the problem wrote: "@eBay @AskeBay I am trying to post and the circle just keeps looping over and over I cannot edit anything nor can i list items."

The eBay System Status Board is showing all green, indicating no problems.

Perminate Link for Sellers Report Problems Listing on eBay   Sellers Report Problems Listing on eBay

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 23 13:40:09 2020

nonesense!

eBay NEVER has issues and if you complain or criticize then you are a hater and nasty (not to mention stupid)

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 23 13:46:17 2020

another great job you 2 walmart dopes

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 23 15:08:51 2020

Listed 25 items today and edited another 52 for shipping. Had no problems what so ever.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Fri Oct 23 15:56:05 2020

So far today I had numerous "It's US" messages trying to log in. Usual piece of BS.

by: hopeforthebest This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 23 17:14:28 2020

Try using a different browser. A lot of times this resolves this kind of an issue, when it only affects certain users.

by: COVID-19 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 23 20:45:48 2020

Don't use the Stoogle Chrome or Microsuck Edge browsers.  There are several better browsers out there.

by: COVID-19 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Oct 24 06:32:55 2020

@AskeBay Why you suck so much?!

Alexa, why does eBay emulate Amazon?

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Sun Oct 25 20:06:07 2020

ALTERNATIVE THEORY OF THE CRIME.  Perhaps those who are hitting the wall and cannot EDIT or SHIP have "failed to Prostrate Themselves before the eBay GOD of Mangled Payments?"

A guess, but not my WORST guess of all times.

by: Runs.With.Scissors This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 26 10:17:54 2020

@angryllama:
I didn't make the managed payments registration deadline
in July.  Now, they froze my account from adding new items or
making revisions to current items, until I cave in and worship the
Mangled Payments god.  Not gonna' do it.  I only do PayPal.

ebay is only hurting themselves, as some of my items
are unique.  I sell on other platforms, and will not
stay on ebay when Mangled Payments becomes the only
option available.  When they totally freeze my selling, then
I'm gone from ebay forever.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Mon Oct 26 23:39:53 2020

I've been on MP for a couple of months, not feeling any ill effects.  The biggest hassle was not liking change, but that's part of the one-sided eBay deal.  Since I also am realizing no particular benefits from MP, the change I relented to has no reward, just wasted time and effort on my part for eBay's benefit (once again).

I used to rely completely on PayPal for everything, now I am hardly ever on the site.  I haven't had any problem situations to stress test things on MP, and hopefully won't.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Wed Oct 28 18:28:17 2020

Update for MP.....

I must have jinxed it when I said ''I haven't had any problem situations to stress test things on MP, and hopefully won't.''  A couple of hours later I got a Return Request, that a collectible I sold was a ''British version'', not U.S., buyer changed his mind and wanted to return it.

Accompanying the request was a message from eBay that the $300 purchase amount was ''being held''.  Never had PayPal hold money on any kind of transaction, so this frosted me.  Checked my MP scrolling activity list, and there it was, as a Hold.  My available funds went from $303 to $3.  More frustration.  The entry wasn't a different color, nor did it have a minus sign.  It looked just like a positive amount such as the net proceeds from a sale, but was calculated as a charge against my other proceeds.

After some messaging, the buyer was convinced that he received the right item, just got confused.  He messaged me that he would close the Request.  I told him I would appreciate it if he could do so as soon as possible, as my funds were being held.  Five minutes later I got the eBay message that the Return Request was closed.

Now I was curious how long the Hold would stick.  Hours later it was still there, late at night.  So I figured it could take a few days to clear.  After all, the buyer changed his mind twice already, why not a third time? (presumed eBay logic).  But to my surprise, the full amount of owed funds was sent the following morning, and the Hold was released.  Fun roller coaster ride.