Mon Sept 30 2019 15:07:21

eBay and PayPal Experience Technical Issues

eBay is showing problems with "But It Now" and "Checkout" on its System Status board. It may be related to issues PayPal has reported.

In PayPal's initial notification on Monday, it reported the following problem occurred beginning at 8:40 am:

"We are experiencing an issue caused by an outage with one of our external Gateway Processors which may be affecting multiple products on the Production environment. Merchants may be encountering an elevated number of timeouts and the following errors..."

It listed the following affected products:
Payments
Authorizations
Express Checkout APIs
Express Checkout

In PayPal's latest update, it wrote:

"Majority of the impact has been mitigated as of 30 Sep 2019 17:54:00 GMT and our technical teams continue to work towards complete restoration of all affected services. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information."

Let us know if you were impacted on eBay or elsewhere.

Perminate Link for eBay and PayPal Experience Technical Issues   eBay and PayPal Experience Technical Issues

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 30 15:37:26 2019

Wouldn't know as we haven't bought anything on greedbay since mid august. Works fine with the other sites though.

by: captainzombie This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 30 16:28:43 2019

Explains the ultra slow sales today and odd things where I was getting eBay sales notifications an hour after the sale occurred, while the paypal notifications were on time.

by: The Grey Fox This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 30 17:28:03 2019

Nice of PayPal to take the blame, but like others I had the payment show on PayPal almost immediately but the order didn't show up on eBay for a couple hours. Logic suggests the problem was with eBay, not PayPal.
This does, however, highlight a problem when eBay goes fully to mis-managed payments. Right now, as today, if an order doesn't show up on eBay, one can completely process it through PayPal, which I did, and enter the details later when eBay is back up. When order reporting and payments both are within eBay, we lose that back-up. And eBay is down a whole lot more than PayPal.
I've been a PayPal customer almost since day one and have never had a significant problem that wasn't solved immediately. I've been on eBay 22 years and each year there are more and more serious problems and major downtime. I trust PayPal with my money, but I do not trust eBay with anything, which is why I use a third-party listing service, third-party photo hosting, a third-party shipping program and anything else I can do outside of the eBay site. Whenever I talk to someone who wants to get started on eBay, the first thing I advise them is to not put all their eggs in the eBay basket, to use as many off-site resources as they can.

by: quirkyantiques This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 30 18:05:54 2019

I sold an item for $3500 at 10:35 EST. The buyer paid right away and I got the Paypal notification. Then the buyer emailed asking if I got the payment as his purchase was showing as "pending" to him. I checked paypal twice-yep the money was in there. I called paypal 2 hours later because I went to pack the item and print the label and when I checked the item it was fully active and available for purchase. I call Paypal again-"yes I can see the buyer has paid hours ago-the money is indeed sitting there". I had to manually end the listing 3 hours after it was purchased to prevent someone else from buying it.

by: ElectronixRecyclers This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 30 18:09:53 2019

I accepted the offer of a customer, and she has been unable to pay all day.  It just loops her back to the payment screen.  The transaction is not showing up in either of our PayPal accounts, so, hopefully I'm not going to end up with several of the same transaction.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 30 23:38:24 2019

only problem I experienced today was tracking numbers not carrying over to ebay - simple problem - copy and paste.

by: Cargo11 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 1 18:06:29 2019

Well, Let's see - today's paypal issue - when I went to the bulk mailing segment to print out a postage label - image my surprise when the return address (I have three addresses I use) had FOUR additional addresses in Sugar Land Texas - I am in AZ NOT Texas.  ONe looks like a guitar shop - the others are residences - I checked the internet all different names on the location addresses.  Immediately Called paypal to make sure my money was not being used to provide others postage and they had me change my password (this happened one other time)  But with the Fraud in the UK that Paypal is dealing with (over April to August 2019 Tamebay wrote about it)  Seeing different emails on my account does not make me feel confident in this company at the moment!   TameBay has a few articles - they deal more in the UK side of Ebay. https://tamebay.com/2019/09/ebay-fail-to-paypal-email-payment-address-
scam-as-more-sellers-lost-thousands.html

AND https://tamebay.com/2019/09/ebay-refund-fees-paypal-payment-email-addr
ess-scam-victim-discover-fraud.html

by: Geetar This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 1 19:19:10 2019

Just a mess waiting for managed payments. And you can bet, you can bet (they just wont be able to resist it), after paypal is gone they will definitely raise the managed payments fee.

These guys at the top in ebay would make perfect politicians, they would blend in seamlessly. Great at blaming others for their own mess.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Tue Oct 1 20:06:36 2019

Makes no sense.
For the Love of PETE !
Can we FINALLY have a Professionally run venue.
This lame excuse is wholey unAmerican.
We need FUNCTION !

by: Cargo11 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 2 23:08:33 2019

Well Let's See - it's a day after the first problem and - YEP - After changing the password - a Brand NEW Address has appearred in the Seller Address Blank - This one in Glendale CA - Oh Boy, and since of course it's after hours - no one can help me with the issue...........and I see Paypal is joining China with their new adventure - I can only suggest people documenting any weird stuff showing up on your account so if one day the amount falls to "0" you can have some prove you at least tried to get someone's attention in the company to correct the Tech errors.

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 3 10:43:31 2019

I had a sale cancelled last week due too the person's inability to figure out the new payment situation

by: moonmyst This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 3 11:29:37 2019

I thought eBay and PayPal split? I agree, it's curious eBay buyers had a problem. I used PayPal to pay for purchases on other sites and had no issues whatsoever. Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would say.

by: Mango This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 3 23:31:13 2019

Is that a typo above, or did eBay's System Status actually say "But It Now"?

by: Elf Lady This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 7 21:22:09 2019

I have purchased for years on ebay and had no problem. And up untill two days ago I purchased several items using my card with no problems. Then to my shock last night no only did it not take my debit card it said is was expired. It has almost a half a year before that happens. Then their cart tried to take it from a card that had long ago. I removed it from their records and made my currant card preferred payment method. Then tried to make the purchase again. It acted as if I had not done anything and still says for me to use a different card. I am so annoyed the thing I was wanting to purchase is a anniversary gift for my husband and I love Ebay. But at this rate I won't be able to buy from them again all Due to the PayPal thing.

by: Elf Lady This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 7 21:30:13 2019

Is there a way to call paypal? To get the problem fixed? If so someone tell me.