Mon July 22 2019 21:38:18

eBay Glitch: Buyers Unable to Pay

Some eBay buyers are unable to pay for purchases, according to numerous reports.

There's already a known chronic-but-intermittent issue in which buyers are unable to use PayPal to pay for eBay orders, but now some buyers are unable to pay with PayPal or their cards.

Here's a thread on the eBay Technical Issues board with a couple of sellers reporting the problem, though no response from eBay as of yet.

Several readers have alerted us to the problem. One reader wrote, "When winning an auction, you get the 'pay now' button at the top of the listing. On clicking this button, you are taken to checkout, where I select PayPal option. It then goes through the motion of going through to PayPal, only to come back saying 'PayPal is not available at this time', with the checkout now pre-selected for bank/card payment. Every single time I try to pay direct from listing, eBay try this on."

In a private Facebook group, a seller said they've had problems paying for purchases on eBay for the past few weeks. They were told by eBay customer service to purchase items one at a time.

We've also reported a related issue - sellers are unable to use PayPal to make a onetime payment for eBay selling fees. "We can't connect to PayPal right now. Please select a different payment option or try again later."

Even if a small percentage of buyers are having problems paying, it's worrisome, as they may not be persistent - and they may not return to the site in the future.

Perminate Link for eBay Glitch: Buyers Unable to Pay   eBay Glitch: Buyers Unable to Pay

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 22 22:09:24 2019

It’s not a tech issue

It’s a “oh it’s paypal not us, they suck so use eBaypay instead”

by: thievesBay This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 23 00:03:51 2019

Checkout issues among eBay's many other site issues have been going on a long time. But it does seem to be getting much louder lately. eBay do you hear it? Their site/AI is so overloaded with scenarios from their constant changes it just can't handle it. They also don't seem to have any technological/programming talent left to pull it off. Just keep piling more garbage onto the scrap pile. Could be that this has something to do with Managed Payments and eBay are messing up PayPal checkouts on purpose. Most every complaint involves checkout out with PayPal. Whatever it is, it's probably part of their "plan".

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Jul 23 02:21:11 2019

19+ years as a full time seller.

Never had a customer say they couldn't pay

I never had a problem paying for something I bought on eBay

Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe those with problems are unlucky!

But I do believe this happens with millions of items being sold daily it's bound to happen. . .

by: eBay Shill Buster This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 23 09:06:38 2019

They can't pay for the same reason many can not log in, the servers are stalling and the customer gives up, all you can do is come back later when the servers are running again.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 23 12:22:04 2019

The self proclaimed greatest tech company fails again.

Great job fleecebay

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Tue Jul 23 12:48:56 2019

PayPal is having a problem today, but doesn't seem related to this. I had a money transfer to my bank kick back. They are aware and have said that I will have to repeat the transfer but to wait 48 hours for the fix.

Someone who doesn't appear to have having any payment problems. DEVIN WENIG. Awarded himself almost 6000 shares on the 17th, sold half immediately. Quite a nice bang for your buck. Not that you earned it.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Jul 23 13:41:37 2019

@ESB

"many can not log in"

The last time I had a log in problem with eBay GWB was President. . .Maybe the person who couldn't sign in had ISP problems!

by: P.Dorf This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 02:50:55 2019

Straight from listing = paypal not available

Go thru my ebay>summary>checkout = paypal available no problem

by: hawk This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 04:40:00 2019

there seems to be glitches more and more everywhere anymore. everything used to run so smooth , and now just seems everything failing in one way or another. is it man made on purpose , or is it just time to rehab the web ??  to many things failing all at once.

by: salesrep1 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 04:50:51 2019

Timeline is  2nd week of May You know I actually am one of those sellers started a week after a previous purchase. I was trying to buy my quarterly shipping products it wouldn't take my cc rolled back to shopping cart after the transaction was done item not bought. So i tried another product not the same vendor this time did both cc and or paypal same issue after numerous customer service calls it is still ( customer service walked me through this and saw it happen ) At first said it was bank and or paypal (both of them said ebay never tried to grab the funds so there is aglitch. Now end of June still have this issue the best customer service could do was say use a guest pass to buy. When I told them I could but my quarterly certificate would not work they had no answer. It is now 3 months not fixed. Ebay still telling me I have those items in cart. Oh well !

by: salesrep1 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 04:52:48 2019

I guess I won't be buying with Ebay!LOL

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 07:26:01 2019

Get out get out as quick as you can.  Why put yourself through the hassle and pain?  There are other sites that sell the same things....Ebay is evil.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 07:27:20 2019

^^
That's because they fired 400+ of their engineers last year.  Read reports at thelayoff.com.  They don't have the $$ to hire the best software engineers.

by: wellspring This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 07:41:51 2019

I am able to once again make partial payments from PayPal to my ebay account. There was a recent glitch a week or so ago, but fixed now on my PP account.

by: grumpwell This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 08:41:35 2019

I had the opposite problem. I couldn't pay my eBay fees with my credit card and had to use PayPal. I think this is just more of the ongoing incompetence at eBay.

by: eastwestphoto This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 24 14:02:46 2019

I bought a Leica camera, it was shipped before the seller collected his money in his paypal account , due to his account having problems? Then the seller opens a Unpaid case on eBay and neither I, or eBay can get him to close the case. The seller did fix his account, got his money, but disappeared when i told him the camera was SNAD. Seller never responded to eBay or me again. Ebay automation  blocked eBay C.S. and me from contact or feedback. I opened a case on PayPal finally. Seems this is a giant loop-hole in the eBay system?It  ties everybody in a knot and a bad seller disappears with your money.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Wed Jul 24 16:19:34 2019

@Mr. Headphone

"It ties everybody in a knot and a bad seller disappears with your money"

This is why eBay gives Top Rated Sellers privileges!

And why some sellers pay an additional 4%

High risk = high fees and no privileges