Wed May 29 2019 12:14:58

Are Shoppers Starting to Scale Back until Amazon Prime Day?

Articles about scoring deals during this year's Amazon Prime Day are already popping up. Cnet Cheapskate Rick Broida ran his take on Amazon Prime Day 2019 on Tuesday.

At some point, shoppers may scale back on certain purchases in anticipation of the July shopping holiday. Did you see any such pullback last year? If so, when did it begin?

Sellics published a guide to this year's event from the seller's point of view. For those who won't have Lightning Deals running for Prime Day, it suggests strategies to take advantage of the traffic the event generates, such as coupons and advertising.

It also advised resisting the urge to promote slow-moving or poorly performing product. "Prime day is not a magic bullet that will save these shelf warmers. Instead, focus on optimizing and promoting your well-performing products. They will receive much more visibility and sell better, thus increasing your ROI and improving your sales rank on Amazon."

Last year, Amazon waited until July 3rd to announce the date of Prime Day, which fell on July 17, 2018 - though it actually kicked off on the 16th and ran for 36 hours. Thankfully, Father's Day, graduations, and weddings may give a much-needed boost to sellers in the coming weeks. Do you have ideas for exploiting Prime Day this year, on or off Amazon?

Perminate Link for Are Shoppers Starting to Scale Back until Amazon Prime Day?   Are Shoppers Starting to Scale Back until Amazon Prime Day?

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 30 01:56:15 2019

I don't think about it as a seller or a buyer. The niche I sell in is wide and shallow. Rarely have enough of any one thing to promote it on its own.

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 30 08:37:32 2019

Not according to my charge card bill....

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Thu May 30 10:53:33 2019

As a buyer only on Amazon, I don't think I've ever bought anything on Prime Day. If I need something, I buy it then; I don't wait until I might get a better deal.

by: mcposty This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 30 11:59:15 2019

I believe many would wait, knowing its coming soon, at least for bug purchases they may have been thinking about like electronics or something

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Thu May 30 13:04:40 2019

I don't buy on Amazon!

Plain & simple

Most of the time what I'm looking for is cheaper on eBay then it is on Amazon. . . If Amazon even has what I'm looking for which most of the time they do not. . .

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Fri May 31 09:30:07 2019

Wouldn't surprise me.  I see many people complaining that eBay's flash sales went from monthly last year to quarterly this year.  Waiting for a deal on $20 items seems like a waste but whatever.