Tue Mar 26 2019 15:53:07

Having Trouble Finding Etsy Custom Order Link?

Etsy removed the custom order link from sellers' listings, some sellers have reported. "This is the second time Etsy has rearranged our listings, and it is affecting our sales by confusing the buyers," a reader wrote us.

One change most upsetting to the Etsy seller: "The "Request a Custom Order" tab has been removed from all listing pages and only appears on the home page. For the last couple of years Custom Orders have become a major part of our orders on Etsy. How does a customer know that they can request a custom item and how will they ever find the tab if it only appears on the home page?"

We found a thread on the Etsy boards that described the same problem along with the following response suggesting a fix:

"You can have the Custom orders enabled under settings, to get the request a custom order on the shop hompage. But it also opens up the option on each listing to check the box "Buyers can request customisation", which is under the description box, before the section box on the edit listing page.

"That way, only some listings can show the custom option on the listing page, if some of your listings can't be customised."

The reader also described another problem: "the visual titles on the Listing have been shortened requiring the customer to click a down arrow to see the rest of the title."

Have you seen changes to your Etsy listing pages in the past few weeks? If so, have you found them helpful, neutral, harmful, or disruptive? Any tips on capitalizing on the changes?

Perminate Link for Having Trouble Finding Etsy Custom Order Link?   Having Trouble Finding Etsy Custom Order Link?

by: BlueDenim This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 27 13:39:10 2019

Not a big fan of the new layout or the hidden titles.  All my clothing measurements are at the end of the title;  so they are easy to spot, but now they are totally hidden on 600 listings.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Thu Mar 28 00:39:06 2019

Good.
People are a pain in the A$$ with that custom stuff.
BTW : Just discovered I've done almost exactly HALF the business in March 2019 that I did in 2018.
It's all going away and nothing Etsy can do can change it.
They need to prepare for other careers.
This one ain't workin'.

by: BargainzBabylon This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 28 03:43:56 2019

Unless you're selling cheap, 'cute' easily replicated stuff and shipping it for free - Josh says 'no.'

by: hawk This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 28 05:19:34 2019

why does these venues only destroy the good things that work , and NEVER FIX the things that don't work?

by: JohnGermaine This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 28 14:27:21 2019

I haven't noticed a change in listing pages - but my sales have TANKED!  Last sale was on March 14th!!!  Stinks!!

by: purpleiris This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 6 19:53:15 2019

Yes, I have noticed a major change to the layout of my listings and I am extremely unhappy about it. I already made the decision at the end of 2018 that I would be shutting down my Etsy shop at the end of 2019. However, with all the changes they've implemented this year alone, I keep getting the urge to just do it now.

The only thing that keeps me from doing it is the realization that I can use Etsy just like they've used me. So I keep adding listings. If the shop is still there, I might as well. Besides, these things will never sell if I don't get them listed and I'm trying to get rid of ALL of my in-stock inventory (not adding to it anymore).

While this particular change does not affect me as a seller, I would sure be disappointed as a buyer wanting something custom made. If I can't find the link to request it, I may just move on if I don't feel like emailing the seller.

The bottom line is that ALL of the changes that Etsy has made since Josh Silverman was introduced as CEO have been for the benefit of the company and its investors alone. I've never sold on eBay because of their shenanigans and I won't remain on any other site that is guilty of such shenanigans.