Amazon conducted a survey this week to learn if sellers on its Handmade marketplace have enough resources, a sign that it's important to the company and possibly worth further investment. The survey comes as rival Etsy continues with its strategy of allowing sellers to offer factory-made (but artisan-designed) goods.
A seller on Amazon Handmade forwarded the survey questions they received this week. Most questions asked the respondent to indicate their agreement or disagreement on a scale:
1) Handmade provides me the educational materials needed to be successful on Amazon.
2) I have the tools needed to grow my business.
3) Handmade emails provide helpful tips that are easy to understand.
4) When I need to get help immediately, I use the following (pick up to three):
Answers: Seller Central help pages, Seller University videos, I contact Seller Support, Forums, Support Groups - Outside of Amazon, None of the Above, Other.
5) Based on your overall experience with Seller Central help pages, please indicate to what extent you agree or disagree that each statement:
a) I am able to get my question answered quickly
b) The answer is easy to understand
c) The answer provided is relevant to Handmade Artisans
6) I would recommend Amazon Handmade to fellow Artisans to grow their business.
The seller noted that for the last question, there was no ability to select "Disagree" or "Strongly Disagree." The choices provided were Strongly Agree; Agree; Somewhat Agree; Neither Agree nor Disagree; Somewhat Disagree; Agree; Strongly Agree. It appears to be a mistake, but one the seller did not find amusing.