Sun Jan 15 2017 11:40:50

eBay Tech Glitches Spike over the Weekend

eBay users have been having intermittent problems viewing the site over the weekend, as technical problems appear to be haunting the site with no mention of problems on the eBay Status board.

We experienced one of the problems ourselves on Saturday morning when viewing a listing and suspected it had something to do with the style sheets. This user reporting the problem on the eBay Technical Issues board had the same problem:

"I've been having problems also. It looks like the stylesheets aren't loading so all I get is a straight text layout. It makes it really difficult to view anything. Sometimes it works ok, but most of the time it is unusable. I've tried with different browsers, deleted my cache, deleted cookies, restarted my browser and restarted my computer, and turned off all browser add-ons. Nothing has worked so far."

Another user responded showing a screenshot of how the site appeared to him, also stating that the issue was intermittent.

There are also reports about eBay and PayPal not syncing, and about eBay and PayPal failing to send notification emails, as reported on Ecommerce EKG. And on DownDetector, some sellers said eBay changed their default settings to show they do not accept PayPal. "My accepting PayPal in site settings had been changed to NO."

In recent weeks there have also been reports of eBay displaying one shipping cost but upon checking out, buyers are charged a higher cost - here's an example from a user who had it happen as both a buyer and a seller.

Sellers reporting some of the problems on DownDetector worry about the impact they're having on sales.

"eBay having issues. Displays weird text only. Lots of links missing. Like eBay Hater says, turn the switch on."

"eBay is only displaying text, and links. No pictures. A lot of page data missing."

"Turn the switch to the on position. We are down more then 50% in sales! WTF"

"eBay web pages are not loading properly. Graphics and photos are not displayed, and it looks like a website from 1995."

"When I tried to check out and pay for an item, it wouldn't let me. When I called eBay they didn't see any problem on their end and they sent me to Paypal. Paypal said nothing was wrong on their end and said they had an email from Ebay Support saying that they were having trouble with their checkout."

eBay Tech Glitches Spike over the Weekend   eBay Tech Glitches Spike over the Weekend

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 15 15:30:26 2017

fleabay doing what they do best...

glitches that screw the sellers and not admit that there is a problem.

ceo wants that golden parachute faster than jd got his.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Sun Jan 15 16:28:49 2017

Wow, eBay and PayPal playing the blame game. Now that they are separate (cough, cough) companies, they can spend their time pointing fingers at each other.

by: 27tcle This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 15 17:12:42 2017

whole watch list disappeared for a day, my listings would only show the first picture, couldn't list stuff, no sales all weekend, until today (best offer seems to be working) and last but not least couldn't pay for suff i won till today. One fine mess indeed.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 15 17:46:06 2017

Five stores and no problems with any of them.

by: TrickyMick This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 15 20:45:05 2017

My sales seem to have been stable over the weekend.  My girlfriend repeatedly tried to buy something on Ebay.... during check out it came back with ''card not working if the problem persists try a different card''. She tried another card, and same message.  Tried a few hours later... same message.

I told her... this is the platform I deal with. 👍🏼

by: blaumann2 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 16 08:31:59 2017

Sounds like the final days. May not be, but they are falling apart...

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Mon Jan 16 09:14:47 2017

Well I've finally gotten around to doing my figures for the year.  Still have some work to do but this part is pretty damning.

From December 2014 to December 2015, there was an 84% drop.  From December 2015 to December 2016, there was a 48% drop.  That's a 92% drop over 2 years.  If what sold in 2016 hadn't been considerably marked up, it would've been closer to 75% (1 year) or 96% (2 years).

Tough to make it on a venue that performs like this in what's supposed to be the busiest month of the year.

by: pebbles This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 16 10:34:36 2017

Been having these exact problems for months. After 4 hour phone call, 6 reps and the Trust team they blamed my computer and browsers. Sales are down 84% from 2 years ago and declining more every day. I've tried searching as a guest with the same problems as mentioned above. Always the same answer from eBay "It's on your end, not eBay". At least now I know I'm not crazy. Just another reason to keep moving my items to other venues.

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 16 11:34:24 2017

Sold 28 items out of 600 listed a week ago, on several accounts.

Two accounts, ALL the sales were to Michigan ONLY (5 sales).  One account, all the sales were to Arizona ONLY (2 sales).

If I had accurate figures to tell me historically how many sales to which states I normally sell, I guess Michigan to be about in the 20th to 30th rank out of 50 states, while Arizona would DEFINITELY rank in the last 10.  And the Arizona sales would even take into account snowbirds, with usual addresses elsewhere in the US other times of year.

No throttling/rolling visibility?  Hah!!!

I'm not a programmer at all, but I'd bet even I could do a better job than them, and that's a real low blow, since I don't know squat about how to do it.

by: gizmo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 16 11:41:45 2017

Your signs are all there. I closed all my accounts because ebay turned into a turnip dec. 24th 2008. GaRBAGE site for sure. Been goin on forever it seems. More of the same ole , same ole. Good to see theyre being losers as usual .

This user has validated their user name. by: Ina

Mon Jan 16 21:44:27 2017

Continue to see reports on DownDetector and new report opened on Ecommerce EKG about these problems.

Bad when they happen on a weekend, especially a long holiday weekend when apparently no one is around to fix the problems, yet people want to shop.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Jan 17 11:34:41 2017

100% for certain this is affecting eBay sales.

I know this from a buyers stand point!

I can't see what I want to buy.

The pages are in text and it keeps talking about "Layers"

GET IT TOGETHER EBAY. . .