Mon Jan 2 2017 13:56:42

Sellers Unable to Activate eBay Listing Promotion

eBay sent an email invitation to sellers to encourage them to list higher-value items, but recipients are unable to activate the message.

As one seller explained, the invitation stated: "there's 2 days left to sell and pay no more than $10 in listing fees," but sellers who tried to activate the offer were presented with a message that said the offer was by invitation only. "Isn't eBay's message and email an invitation," he asked.

Another seller wrote, "I just had that happen as well. If I didn't get an invitation, then why am I receiving an email about it??"

One seller said a customer service rep was able to fix the problem for him. Another responded, "I'm curious how it was cleared up for you? I called last night and they just said they were working on it with no ETA but will notify me when it's fixed, still not fixed."

On another thread, a seller said they received the same exact same offer. "I would definitely take advantage of this one, but with only two remaining days in the offer, what are the chances that eBay will fix this in time for me to use it?"

Sellers said the promotion put a cap on commission fees - pay no more than $10 final value for up to five items.

Not only is it frustrating for sellers, but eBay was clearly looking to present shoppers with some higher value goods, and members of its marketing department are likely disappointed.

Sellers Unable to Activate eBay Listing Promotion   Sellers Unable to Activate eBay Listing Promotion

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Mon Jan 2 20:35:41 2017

This is the second time in the last two months I received in my eBay messages their bogus invitations. Talk about being all dressed up and nowhere to go. If eBay can't even get the initial invite working correctly, what would make anyone think the rest of the promotion would work smoothly? Throwing things out and hoping something will stick approach does not work! Those days are long gone and really never worked in the first place. Here's a novel idea - how about doing some testing first before subjecting your ''whims'' onto your user base.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Tue Jan 3 20:42:53 2017

"Crazy, Looney Tune, Nutbag" is in charge of Ebay.
A waste of an economic engine.

by: imbloated This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 4 00:09:17 2017

I too called and was told it would be fixed in 24 hours. Now that it is over, I received an email from ebay that said not to worry, that anything I listed before the end of the promotion would be honored for the final value limit of $10.00 Of course, nobody listed things because we were not told that this would be a possibility! And ebay knows this, which is why they did not merely extend the time frame. (Shakes head sadly).

by: blaumann2 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 4 09:47:55 2017

Two days for the offer. Messed up to start with.  Other offers to list 500 items in a week. A great deal for those with one of a kind items.

by: Deb This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 4 11:12:32 2017

I got the offer too and like everyone else couldn't get it to work.  This morning I find a message from ebay saying so sorry for the mix-up... but they will honor the $10 cap for any items listed before the offer ends  at midnight last night. They sent the message at 11:39 PM eastern.  When normal people are sleeping.  WOW!  How generous of them!

by: Toledo Maude This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 4 11:25:41 2017

I received the offer in my message box, and without reading the message - deleted it.

The message that I am expecting due to dismal 4th quarter eBay sales (my eBay sales) is that I am about to lose that most coveted of seller status the ''Power Seller'' designation.

I may be mistaken but that boat left the dock years ago.