Sat July 16 2016 21:47:00

eBay Glitch 'Disappears' Active Listings

Call it the attack of the gremlins - eBay users are reporting strange glitches over the past few days that they believe are having a negative impact on sales. One major issue involves a failure to allow buyers and sellers to view active listings. Another issue prevents buyers from paying sellers.

eBay users are seeing the following message on certain active listings they are trying to view:

This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

There are multiple reports of the problem on both the eBay.com and eBay UK discussion boards. Some say when they try to view the item again, they are able to, indicating it's an intermittent issue. Readers have also reported the problem on Ecommerce EKG.

In one thread about the issue, a UK seller wrote the following about other problems users are reporting: "I talked with other people and there are quite few glitches that are happening which are preventing buyers from purchasing the items as well. I had a Blocked transaction error (seller cant receive money or something like that) yesterday. Tried again and it was a success. So why the error?"

A reader had reported that very problem on Ecommerce EKG on Thursday, and other sellers confirmed they were hearing the same issue from their buyers. The message buyers were receiving was, "The sellers can't accept payments right now. Contact them for help" Error Codes: 70245 70164."

"My biggest fear is that the site is falling apart in ways that eBay isn't even aware of!" one user wrote.

One reader couldn't find themselves, writing in an Ecommerce EKG report today, "My eBay id keeps coming up as seller id not found, repeatedly."

It's not lost on sellers that eBay is investing in new initiatives - and is now replatforming the site - while buyers and sellers struggle with basic functionality.

eBay Glitch 'Disappears' Active Listings   eBay Glitch 'Disappears' Active Listings

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 16 22:14:20 2016

"This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available."

I've had that error a few times - plus others. I called eBay and they told me that I was crazy - its all perfectly fine.

I was also unable to revise active listings. They couldnt be viewed or revised from "my eBay". Yuo had to go and search for the item via the main search bar and then once it popped up you could THEN revise it.

eBay must be running some kind of test(s) AGAIN with out telling people.

Nothing says "Im your business partner, like making that person a guinea pig for one of your schemes"

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Sat Jul 16 22:17:40 2016

The Neg Meg Whitman philosophy of "get it up now and worry about getting it right (much) later" or never continues.

Glitches that damage sellers are the norm for ebafia, and they or may not get fixed. Glitches that damage ebafia get higher priority if their on the cheap 'techs' can figure how to correct code problems.

Amazon seldom if ever suffers from problems this. Why won't ebafia copy Amazon in this area?

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 17 00:22:31 2016

@ Ming

"Amazon seldom if ever suffers from problems"

A search of "Amazon Outage" at the top of THIS page says otherwise!

by: Beth This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 17 02:51:46 2016

I had this tonight when I was tweeting and pinning my items.  Next time I'll get a screen shot. I thought i hit a bad key

by: Scotty This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 17 09:28:19 2016

Day 6 of zero sales....3500+ active items with 75 currently in auction...no buy-it-now sales and not 1 bid yet on any of the live auctions which end today.  This has never happened to this degree in 16 years....something is going on.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 17 10:26:58 2016

@ Scotty

Can I see your listings?

75 items with NO bids?

3500 Buy it Now and no sales in 6 days?

What are you selling?

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sun Jul 17 18:02:56 2016

@pace

I too have had this happen many times over the last few days.  If I back out of the error screen and try again I get to my listing and I can revise it.  That certainly doesn't excuse Ebay, it is just a work around that I discovered and thought I should share.

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 17 18:48:51 2016

''A search of ''Amazon Outage'' at the top of THIS page says otherwise!''

The last Amazon problem reported to the ecommerce EKG page was on April 29, 2016

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 17 18:49:07 2016

Marie :)

It seems to be happening to me randomly - with the frequency of these glitches occurring more often.

Its funny though, the first rep I spoke to said it was a VERO action, then apologized when she had to admit there's been no VERO action on my account in AGES!

I still have 2-3 items out of about 300 that cant be viewed via "my eBay".

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Sun Jul 17 20:27:23 2016

@ Tool

As usual, wrong.

Improve your reading comprehension and then come back.

by: Trying-My-Best This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 17 21:12:36 2016

This glitch happened to me.  And another one to report ...

Clicked on "see my other items" and instead linking to  my store listings ... It linked to eBay Home Page.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 17 23:20:10 2016

Just a thought, does Aamzon show all listings all the time?

I wouldn't know because I never go on the site. . .

I'm a proud eBay seller, no Amazon for me!

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 17 23:29:13 2016

@ Ming

Maybe you'll like this one better

"Amazon Search Glitch Contributes to Sales Slowdown"

May 26 2016

by: phantom This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 00:19:06 2016

Look at all the ebays problems collectively and you will see a company in a slow agonizing death spiral.

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 00:41:00 2016

I had to call Ebay because my items were coming up with: "This item has been removed from Ebay and is no longer for sale." I was told they would report it. Items were a music box, vintage dishes, jewelry, and stuff like that adn all in top condition. Nothing that would offend anyone.

by: lalaland This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 01:05:25 2016

I have been having same issue. If I click the second time, item usually comes up.
 Unfortunately, a lot of buyers don't know to click the second time.

by: Old_pueblo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 04:09:27 2016

This has been going on for DAYS!!!
PLAY HIDE AND SEEK WITH OUR LISTINGS seriously ??? It's takes three times or more attempts to get the listing to show up!!
WHY PAY TO PLAY THIS RIDICULOUS GAME TO SELL?? AND WASTE TIME TO BUY?
Frustrated sellers don't SHOP OR BUY!!
Buyers are losing interest + time and sellers are wasting money + time listing !!!
NO ONE WINS EXCEPT EBAY!

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 07:59:56 2016

Tool - I'll answer for Ming (hopefully With his permission)......

Yes, all items are always attached to the specific ASINs unless YOU remove it via Seller Central.

You probably will not get the buy box (if you don't have the right metrics) and it may not get shown to Prime members if it's not in FBA .

This user has validated their user name. by: VV

Mon Jul 18 09:12:40 2016

DROP the term 'glitch'.  It is a programming error.  The platform is doing exactly as the programmer told it today.  To use 'glitch' implies the platform just randomly did something on its own.

This is what you get when the company is hiring the dregs of the IT community in the Bay Area

by: gizmo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 09:37:11 2016

One , just 1 reason I dont sell with these crooks. Ebay is a frickin joke! I hate that worthless site. Biggest joke in e-commerce. I hate losing money , & ebay is losers.