Mon Apr 4 2016 22:17:13

Seller Accidentally Ships Cat with DVD Order

Someone sent me a link to an article about a seller in the UK who had inadvertently shipped her cat inside a box of DVDs sent to a customer.

The article linked to a post on the veterinarian's website which stated the owners had been frantically searching for their beloved cat, "putting up posters in the local area but not for one second realising that she had been accidentally posted to an address in West Sussex, more than 260 miles away!"

Thank goodness the story had a happy ending, but it made us think how easy it could be to include something in a package accidentally.

Have you ever added something into a package to your customer by accident, or have you ever received something in an order you weren't expecting?

Seller Accidentally Ships Cat with DVD Order   Seller Accidentally Ships Cat with DVD Order

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon Apr 4 23:00:39 2016

It never occurred to the seller that there was something strange going on when her package of DVDs went from weighing five pounds to suddenly being ten pounds? At least the cat was okay, though it's a wonder the recipient didn't have a heart attack when he/she opened the package and a live animal jumped out.

I can't recall ever sending someone an item they didn't order. I have sent, and received, tiny 'thank you' gifts for orders, but those were intentional.

by: Volvo351 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 07:56:01 2016

How TF did Fluffy get in a box sized appropriately for a few DVD's?

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 09:36:05 2016

SPOOF

Cat isn't gonna fit inside a flat DVD box

by: Leesantiques This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 10:00:45 2016

I'm really, really skeptical on this one.  Weight is one issue, box size is another.  Our cats like to jump in boxes, sometimes shipping boxes.  But they are big enough, and heavy enough, that I can't imagine how I wouldn't notice.  Plus, when I go to put something in the box the cat is in, it jumps out.

Just how many DVDs were being shipped, anyway?  Must have been a really large number of them to require even a kitten sized box!

Lee

by: WhoKnewIt This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 10:13:20 2016

I think the one shipment I received that I was "not expecting" everything in it was when I purchased a baby gift for someone.  The Seller added a "little something"......a condom.  Needless to say I felt it was in very poor taste and RETURNED BOTH the "extra gift" AND the purchased item!

by: thebobman This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 10:19:28 2016

I sometimes worry I might drop my boxcutter in the box (lots of people can't be trusted with sharp objects). But I've had that thing since May 2001 from a job I had. Everyone else loses the things all the time, but I kept it the whole 5 years.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 10:33:09 2016

Sure hope the buyer filed a SNAD

by: sosmarystyles This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 10:46:47 2016

I didn't see the original story, but I'm guessing this may have been an April Fool's Joke?

Wondering if the Buyer filed a ''Not as Described'' claim on this one given the way things progress these days on eBay..... eBay probably refunded the purchase price plus they kept the cat --- wow, what a deal, unless the cat has turned up for sale on eBay, an even bigger score for the Buyer!

by: Bidonmine This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 11:33:05 2016

The only item I ever left in a box was my old-timer pocket knife (they cost $15)... Customer never returned it.

This user has validated their user name. by: White Rabbit

Tue Apr 5 11:55:52 2016

did the cat have an oxygen bottle :-) yes, seems a bit questionably. I would need to see the kitty after it was shipped in a dvd mailer LOL

by: ebay refugee camp This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 12:51:05 2016

that is definitely a not as described

by: Patricia This user has validated their user name.

Tue Apr 5 13:17:58 2016

Sorry, I think its an April Fool's story.  I'm just not buying it.

This user has validated their user name. by: FEEbay

Wed Apr 6 11:27:22 2016

I "accidentally" shipped a live scorpion to a competitor who was buying back product in order to throw his competition under the bus for "MAP Violations" once! lol

by: Toledo Maude This user has validated their user name.

Wed Apr 6 12:56:15 2016

One day, I let my old cat outside to hopefully snooze on the stoop while I packed an order.

Walking out the door with package in hand, there was no cat sleeping on the stoop.  No cat anywhere.  I even checked the engine compartment.  No cat.

I drove my Ford Ranger down the hill to town (2 miles) and to the Post Office (another mile).  Parked and went inside to drop off the package.

Returning to the Range and just before starting the engine, I see MY cat in the side mirror crawling out from under the truck bed looking dazed and confused.  WTF?

She decided to nap on the top of the spare tire stored under the truck bed riding there all the way down the hill (40 miles per hour) and then into town.

Before I could grab the old cat, she crawled under the pickup truck next to mine.  Now I am under a stranger's truck trying to grab a cat who is not cooperating hoping not to hear an engine start and be run over.

Finally the cat came out from under the truck, and I quickly grabbed my precious buddy.

I never let the old cat outside again without me watching her.  Sneaky devil.

by: ignatz This user has validated their user name.

Thu Apr 7 11:00:15 2016

DVD must have been Disney's "The Aristocats."

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Fri Apr 8 00:41:32 2016

I can't recall the item a buyer purchased since this was several years ago but right before shipping and sealing a package I threw in some extra tissue paper. When listing some Christmas ornaments purchased at a rummage sale, I noticed the rare valuable book piece one missing. Unbelievable as this sounds, somehow I recall throwing in the box this tissue paper. Figuring it was worth a shot, I emailed or phoned, the buyer. She received several boxes but was in the hospital and would look to see if it was there when she got back. This was all very vague and very strange and based pretty much on a hope and a prayer. A week or two later this fragile glass ornament was returned safe and sound.

by: StillRootingForEBay This user has validated their user name.

Fri Apr 8 07:09:12 2016

I haven't actually shipped my cat but once we panicked that she got in the big post office bag of packages.  She was little at the time and liked playing on the bag of bags that the post office gives us.  We even went to the PO to ask them to look around!  haha.  Of course, she was snoozing somewhere and came wandering out a few hours later like nothing happened!

by: nsc This user has validated their user name.

Sat Apr 9 03:28:42 2016

My husband once threw out some large boxes without realizing that the cat had crawled into one of them. Fortunately she crawled out of the box before the garbage truck came and I was able to entice her back into the house.