Sat Dec 31 2016 08:47:25

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

While some people like to pay their eBay fees using PayPal, others do not. A seller wrote on Friday that they received a PayPal notification showing eBay had charged the account for their monthly account fees.

The problem - eBay was supposed to charge the seller's bank account - the same bank account they've had since starting on eBay.

"This was not an issue of not having enough money in my account because I've had enough in the bank to cover my eBay fees all month long," the seller wrote.

It's possible the seller will discover something else is going on that they failed to take into account, but we're curious - has anyone else had eBay change the payment method for their seller fees without notice?

Would you be upset if eBay changed the method by which they collect your selling fees without notifying you first? Why or why not?

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Sat Dec 31 11:32:47 2016

ONCE AGAIN : favorite Ebay category has gone from over 250,000 listings (old days) down to under 19,000.
Wenig isn't the guy.
Get some one in there who understands.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 31 12:48:46 2016

YOU BET I WOULD. My bank requires a certain amount to remain in the bank account or I will be charged.

I am having problems with Paypal and their shipping. Still get ERRORCODE-50001 and have to switch to classic to print shipping labels. Then I was surprise, using the Classic view, Paypal doesn't use your balance, it goes to your charge card.

PS: I am not like a lot of you that are always connected to the internet and in and out of bank/cc accounts. I don't want to set up (online) accounts to view from the computer. Prefer mail/hard copy.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Dec 31 13:44:54 2016

I would be extremely upset with Ebay if they did this.  I have never paid my fees with my PP account.  I've always had them put on my CC.  I do that a lot for all kinds of thing.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jan 1 10:00:53 2017

@ The End

Did they split your category into fragments?

Maybe a large seller pulled away from eBay like the movie poster guy did.

Do you collect movie posters or sports cards?

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jan 1 10:03:10 2017

eBay can't change the way I pay!

Our CC expired 5 years ago. . .

I pay eBay with Paypal every 2 weeks or so and the checking account that's linked to the Paypal is a dry well - LOL

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jan 1 10:04:59 2017

@ Marie

My Paypal Credit/Debit card earns rewards if I use it as a Credit Card instead of a Debit Card.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sun Jan 1 13:04:20 2017

@toolguy

There are a few cards out there that give cash back rewards. I do like these types of cards as they have served me well over the years.

I do disagree with you when you said "eBay can't change the way I pay!"  Yes they can.  Ebay technically can change any of your preference or settings as some people and/or programs have complete access.  But then with the way you have it set up, why would they change anything.  But that doesn't mean they couldn't.  It only means they shouldn't.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 1 22:11:49 2017

I've been using my PP credit/debit card for payment on 4 of my eBay accounts ever since I opened them 1-1/2 years ago, and PP balance for payment on other accounts.

The PP credit card expiration date was 12/2016, so, of course, they sent me a new card - expiration 1/2020.

Updated CC info on main account with new card.

Went to other accounts, and eBay will not let them update with new card.

It's not a new card account number, just a new expiration date on the same account number.

I've called eBay CS 3 times already and, of course, none of the CS idiots have a clue.  They've all told me it's PayPal refusing to authorize the card (but that's not what PP says).  I also can't get those idiots to let go and escalate the call to higher levels of support.

I'll try again Tuesday.

I have to BEG them to pay them???

What a hopeless, stupid company eBay is...

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

This user has validated their user name. by: tanzi

Mon Jan 2 00:07:17 2017

I have not really sold on ebay in a long time till recently. However,when i make sales on other sites, and I am doing the labels, I go to paypal to do my shipping, and it is supposed to be taking the funds for the shipping cost from money already in my pp account, but they are charging it to my paypal card!  I have over $55 i have to pay now since they did not take it from the cash in my pp account.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: Beth This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 06:20:06 2017

Tanzi and DingDong.  when you go to pay with Paypal it should give you a screen that says where the payment is being drawn from. Mine says "Paypal Credit", Paypal Balance and "Whatever my backup funding is on the account"

it defaults to the paypal credit which I never want to use so I have to change it Everytime.  It's a quick screen and i've blown right by it several times without even "registering" it in my mind.  So watch for that.  You should always be able to change any payment to come from your balance.

Dan's Parts, I'm under the impression that each ebay account must have a seperate payment source.  NOT the same source of 3-4 accounts. I had to do that when I set up my 2nd, 3rd and 4th accounts.   So I think you have to find other ways to pay.

For instance I have the Credit Union savings account on one and a Credit union checking account on another.  My husband's checking account on his id and his debit card on the 4th account. NOT the same credit card on all 4.  Been that way for a long long time. I'd love to know how you managed to get them to do that for you.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 08:57:35 2017

@Beth
I know about making sure that it is using Paypal balance. I do have a screen shot showing that the shipping funds should be from my paypal balance, but it still charges to the CC.
I informed Paypal along with the ERRORCODE-50001 and switching to classic view to print shipping labels that this is an associated problem.
But Thanks!

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: lessthanthreerecords This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 08:58:24 2017

I would be very upset if this happened to me.  As stated in another reply, many banks have fees for dropping below a certain balance (or, worse yet, for an overdraft).  I always pay my eBay fees with a credit card, and I do so before the date that eBay is to automatically charge the card.  That way, I can choose any card I want to make the payment.  In a somewhat related incident, I once had PayPal charge 2 orders to my bank account instead of my credit card (these were not eBay fees, but it's a similar scenario).  I called PayPal and asked them to credit my bank account and re-bill the charges to my credit card.  They refused.  I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  After waiting quite a while, PayPal did respond, but was still unwilling to fix the problem.  After allowing 2 to 3 months for PayPal to fix the problem, I went to my bank and explained what happened.  They said that this was considered bank fraud on PayPal's part.  I filled out paperwork for an investigation.  Later that same day, I got a call from PayPal (I forget the name of the office that called me, but it sounded like someone with some actual authority for once).  They apologized for what happened, and said they would refund the charges (totaling about $500 to $600 - nothing for PayPal, but a lot for me!)  I tried to make it clear that I did receive the items and did not want the money taken from the sellers (partially because it would be wrong, and also because I have an ongoing business relationship with both of them).  The PayPal official said that the refund was coming from PayPal, not the sellers.  I was sure to contact both sellers to explain what happened, and to let them know that if the money was taken from them, that I would make it right.  Neither seller informed me that the money was taken from them.  It took a lot of time and effort, but for once, I got a positive result from PayPal.  As far as the person in the original story, I would recommend that they go to their bank or credit card company if the PayPal charge was to a bank or credit card.  If it was to a PayPal balance, things might be a bit more difficult (one of many reasons that I always transfer money immediately upon being paid through PayPal).

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 09:08:43 2017

@Lessthanthreerecords
It's nice to know about the "bank fraud".
  2015, I had Paypal go into my bank account when I had a balance and the credit card was the backup. For years no problem.
  All of a sudden Paypal switched my CC to Bank account. (some glitch that others were also having).
  BUT this time, the bank covered it, emptied the Paypal account and went to another account to cover this Paypal withdrawal.
  I did mention what happened to the bank, but I am surprised that no one mentioned the "Bank Fraud".  But then, Paypal glitched switched my account for payment and I wouldn't of been able to prove it.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: ib30667 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 09:35:38 2017

I don't like anything ''automatic'' when it comes to payments. I want control over my accounts, not some automated computer. I always pay my Ebay fees before they're due, manually. And through PayPal. Haven't had an issue yet (knock on wood). :)

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 10:30:07 2017

@Marie - I do this because of the cash back bonus awards on my particular card.  I save up all those cash bonus awards all year long and then use them at Christmas.  It's my little secret fund so to speak.  It has served me well over the years.<<

I do this as well. I don't sell on ebay so it is a moot point for me, but I do have to be careful when using my PP balance for things.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 11:31:48 2017

@beth
When I set up several new eBay accounts in August 2015, I tried to put the PP Debit/Credit card on all of them, but eBay would only let me put it on 4 accounts total.

That's what they told me at the time - 4 accounts limit.  So, it remained on my primary account, and got put on 3 of the new accounts.

Now, it seems likely I can only put it on one, and have to use PP balance on all others.

Not that it's going to be a real hardship for me, it's just the principle of the thing.

Just like the original theme of this thread, and like they always do - eBay is changing the rules along the way, and not bothering to tell us the rules have changed.

Just another way to continue to tilt the playing field to anything but level.

Terapeak's imminent change (see other thread in Ina's blogs) is the same thing - eBay changed the rules (by surprise) on Terapeak, and they have no choice but to follow meekly along and try to salvage their business.

eBay does this to us constantly, and it's no wonder so many of us have headaches from having to change things in the way we run our businesses.

Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method   Check Your eBay Invoice Payment Method

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 2 20:34:51 2017

@BETH==

I  have  5  separate eBay accounts;  and ONE  PP acct;  ALL of my  payments  come out  of  there automatically.  I  get a notice  on  it  every  month.  For a very small seller  this is  OK  for  me.

I  do have to have FIVE SEPARATE EMAIL  accounts for  these---which is a royal  PITA.   I  rely---LOL!!!----on  eBay  putting an ALERT  icon  on the screen  but I  check  these  accts  daily  to see  if  any one has  sent a MESSAGE  or  whatever.  Only  the oldest  one  comes to the email  I  use  daily.  How  stupid  that  we  can't  have ONE  email--as if  we are toooo stooopid  to  figure out which item and which  ebay  account it is on!

MANY  other companies  (DTV I am looking at YOU!)  will try and use ANY  CC  or  bank  info  you have EVER  used;  if  say  some one  "Gifted"  you  with a Sports Package  one  time  and then years  later  you  were late  paying DTV  will--without ANY notice----dip  into that persons   account  for payment of  your  bill!  They are  pretty shameless  about  this.  And  one  other oddity  at  DTV---you can NEVER change  your payment  due  time!  NEVER.  It is based on  the day of the month  you  set up the account;  so  if  your pay  period  changes--too bad  so sad.  One reason I refuse to do an auto  payment  there.

PP  has a "dry well"  for  me  too---the  CC I linked to IS MY PP CARD;  the bank  info  they have  is  now  three banks  outdated as  our  banks  keep being sold  off.  I  do make sure  there is  enough  in there to pay  my  meager  fees;  but--if  I  did not--there is  little  they could  do.