Tue Dec 6 2016 12:50:38

PayPal Is Experiencing Technical Issues

PayPal is experiencing technical issues today in which it is erroneously displaying zero account history - meaning users were unable to find any sign of their recent transactions.

It also prevented at least some users from sending payments or printing shipping labels. "PayPal not showing current activity," one seller reported on Ecommerce EKG

Another reader forwarded a screenshot of his PayPal account that read: "Recent activity - We didn't find any payments. Want to try again with different dates?"

The reader said the glitch would not let him access any activity. "I should have hundreds of items and it shows nothing. I wanted to print a shipping label (I use PayPal when upgrading from UPS to Priority for a customer)."

One user who commented on a thread on DownDetector wrote, "At least it's not just me I almost died when I saw nothing! No previous activity or balance. Very concerning."

"Can't load transactions and many customers say they cannot send money," another user wrote on DownDetector.

Users were "freaking out" the PayPal boards too. One user wrote, "I've just spoken to CS and they're aware of it. In the meantime you can workaround by going: activity > statements > activity export > basic search. (EcommerceBytes has not verified whether that is a valid workaround.)

PayPal Is Experiencing Technical Issues   PayPal Is Experiencing Technical Issues

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 6 14:38:34 2016

Just tried the workaround. Can see most transactions. There are a few that I got a PayPal notification about a payment received, but, they do not show up on PayPal.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 6 15:10:54 2016

HAPPY DAYS no work for us. O

Off to the malls to spend what we didn't have....

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 6 17:07:58 2016

My problem with Paypal is printing shipping labels.
I get ERRORCODE-50001.
I have to switch to PayPal's classic look to print any labels.
I was able to print in their new version for a 1/2 day and now it's back to ERRORCODE-50001

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Dec 6 17:53:36 2016

For once I didn't have any problems printing labels through MultiOrder Shipping.

by: zamatoelite This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 6 22:00:33 2016

So business as usual.

by: 27tcle This user has validated their user name.

Wed Dec 7 14:17:47 2016

Issue seems fixed.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Dec 7 19:24:39 2016

I had the problem with my activity not showing up. It certainly gave me pause when the screen was blank.

I clicked on the "activity" button at the top and still it said there was no activity in the past 30 days.

I then clicked on the "activity" button at the bottom of the page in the blue bar.  It is the Old format that we can still access.  Then my activity did show up and it was all there.  Nothing missing.

by: lalaland This user has validated their user name.

Wed Dec 7 23:37:16 2016

Anyone noticed PayPal didn't have these problems till Donahoe showed up?

by: flybuy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 8 02:25:21 2016

I had problems with paypal too. Thought I was losing my mind but glad to see it is a system issue.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Dec 8 02:48:00 2016

@lalaland

Well that isn't entirely accurate.  They had problems before JD.  But I think it should be noted that PP has been far more stable than Ebay has been.

by: toyman This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 8 10:19:26 2016

I had to try several backdoor approaches before I got in, but once I was there, all the info was still there. Very concerning, though.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Fri Dec 9 07:26:42 2016

This is a symptom of A HACK.
Hacking PayPal has, apparently, become a sport.
PayPal is an ILLEGAL money conveyor.
It is NOT REGISTERED to do business in several states.
DO NOT USE PAYPAL.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Dec 9 09:00:13 2016

@The End

"PayPal is an ILLEGAL money conveyor"

How?

"It is NOT REGISTERED to do business in several states"

What states?

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 9 09:16:42 2016

I am still having problems with ERRORCODE-50001 when trying to print shipping labels.

I have to switch to the classic look to do any shipping labels.

by: skyhooks This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 10 08:53:33 2016

@The End
Here in Australia PayPal are a registered business and finance/bank.

by: skyhooks This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 10 08:54:17 2016

I should have said registered financial institution