Thu May 2 2013 16:14:07

Show Off Your Collection and You Could Win $50

By: Julia Wilkinson

Do you have a (or more likely, more than one) collection? Whether it's saved from your childhood days or you've started and been adding to it as an adult, AuctionBytes Blog would like to see it! We'll pick the best collection and award the winner $50.

Seeing each other's collections is also a fun way to get to know each other better.

You can enter the contest by any of several ways. The recommended way: post a photo to the AuctionBytes Forum, which is located in the EcommerceBytes Discussion Boards. (To attach an image to a post, when you go to create your post, scroll down to "Additional Options" and you'll see it. The file size limit is 100k).

Alternatively, you can email them to me at julia@auctionbytes.com, and I will post them to the forum and/or a Pinterest board. We'll feature the top entries and winner in an upcoming Antiques Friday blog post.

I'll start (of course I am not eligible to win). :) Here is my collection of Breyer model horses, started when I was a girl in the 1970s. A couple of friends of mine collected them, and so that got me into it as well. I still remember us poring over the catalogues and dreaming about the next horses we'd buy.

As an adult, I started buying the Avon "Cape Cod" ruby red wine glasses, and that expanded to include other pieces as well, such as their cruets, stoppered bottle, and bowl. Today "Cape Code" ruby red pieces are among the most collectible of Avon's products.

So snap away and show off that collection! It could be the easiest 50 dollars you ever made.  If you'd like, post about your collection or share a memory about it here.

Show Off Your Collection and You Could Win $50   Show Off Your Collection and You Could Win $50

This user has validated their user name. by: elpereles

Thu May 2 23:58:29 2013

Nice contest idea. Let see if AB has more collectors than sellers.

When is the last day of entry?

by: gennut3 This user has validated their user name.

Fri May 3 00:22:03 2013

When is the last day to send in a picture for entering this contest

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Fri May 3 11:19:38 2013

Thanks, El! Yes it should be interesting. :)

Gennut, we don't have a set date yet..I would say people have at least a week and more likely 2 weeks or more. We're going to see how it goes with people posting their pictures. :)

Thanks!
Julia

by: Shawn This user has validated their user name.

Fri May 3 18:35:28 2013

My collection is spread out across two rooms! I can't get it in one picture.

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Fri May 3 18:41:13 2013

Shawn, sounds like a good candidate for a winner! ;) Seriously, why don't you take your best shot and send it to me (or post it)? Would love to see it!

(Plus, now you've gotten me curious as to what it is!). ;)
Julia

by: Mimi This user has validated their user name.

Fri May 3 19:00:26 2013

Shawn and Julia, same here. We have at least 300 items hanging on 5-6 entire walls. Yikes! (I told my husband he should've collected stamps)! Plus he's not too good at dusting. ;)  Well I'll do the best I can.

by: Shawn This user has validated their user name.

Fri May 3 23:12:28 2013

You can see my collection here. :)

by: umeone This user has validated their user name.

Sat May 4 10:53:44 2013

I'd love to show off my Tiki Kahiki  Collection. Just trying to figure out how.

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Sun May 5 13:11:00 2013

Umeone and Shawn, either/both of you are welcome to either send me web links, which I can then take screen shots of and post for the contest, or email photos to me directly at julia@auctionbytes.com. Come on we want to see those collections! :-) Or even part of them. :) Thanks!

by: Shawn This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 5 15:57:41 2013

I put the link in the "web site" box, but here is again. This is a Flickr set of my collection. :)

3491/

This user has validated their user name. by: Al G

Fri May 10 10:16:33 2013

Just posted to the forum - hopefully it displays properly.