|Mon Sept 17 2012 10:38:58|
eBay to Not Count 'Picky Buyers' Feedback and Other EOL News
By: Julia Wilkinson
Rumors and actual news have trickled out of EOL, aka eBay on Location. The latest scuttlebutt was being kicked around on a thread on one of the eBay discussion boards, and included the news that eBay will be doing away with border templates next year, and the most welcome intel that eBay is apparently currently or at some point in the future not going to count DSR/feedback from various types of buyers and certain situations, including:
- "Picky buyers" - "Buyers who consistently leave much lower than average scores"
- "External Events: Including major natural disasters"
- "Just one or two buyers: When low DSRs come from a single or small number of buyers and are not representative of your good record."
- "Buyers who don't pay: When an unpaid item case closes without payment."
This information came from a slide tweeted by one Greg Imlay, @EggOGregO, and was listed with a bunch of other tweets in a blog post by Hillary DiPiano of TheWhineSeller.com.
Other tweets from sellers who were presumably at the event included:
- "Working on pricing structure for car dealerships. not in position to announce anything now for @eBay motors"
- #ebayol. Ebay new international shipping plan. We ship to KY they ship rest of the way #LIKE"
- "Current ETRS can opt-in to the new eBay returns process. It will be available to everyone early 2013. #eBayOL"
- "Template borders are not going to be allowed next year #ebayOL"
- "New toy experience coming in holiday season #eBayOL"
- "#EBaylocal will change the way traffic is driven to brick and mortar stores who are eBay sellers #ebayol"
The feedback protection for sellers from bad buyers is most welcome news, and some would say overdue. But I say kudos to eBay for acknowledging those feedback problems and doing something about them.
What do you think of the news? What tidbits are most important to you? What do you think of template borders going bye-bye, for example? If you attended EOL, was there any other news that stood out for you? Post a comment here!
Update 9/20/12: See official reaction from eBay on the rumors coming out of eBay On Location.