Tue July 3 2012 12:59:13

Wanelo: A Pinterest for Shopping Gets Updated

By: Julia Wilkinson

Wanelo has been described as a "Pinterest for Shopping" (thanks, Ina!), and that's still the best description of it I've heard. With Wanelo, you first see a big colorful page of large product images, saved by Wanelo members. You can create your own profile by adding images and links of products you like, and you can see what other Wanelo members have picked as their favorite items. When you see something you like, you can either "Buy" it or "Save" it.

And they've just launched new redesign, which is "cleaner, faster, funner-er and better-er," whimsical words that reflect the spritely spirit of the site. Here's a rundown of the changes:

- Updated homepage, with "a cleaner grid of products with bigger images."

- Simplified navigation

- Your new profile, which "makes it easy to see your latest saves."

- New collections view: "just a cooler display of collections. Your most recently updated collections are at the top!"

- Updated product pages + editing

- Better Search

I've only started playing around on Wanelo, but I have found it a fun way to shop, especially if you're looking for standout products you may not have come across otherwise. Also, you can keep track visually of your own shopping "wish list," something you may not want to let everyone on Pinterest know about.

Here's an example of a collection I made, based on a brand I really like, but don't buy that much because well, it's expensive:

Have you tried Wanelo, and if not, do you "wanna"? Post a comment here!

Wanelo: A Pinterest for Shopping Gets Updated   Wanelo: A Pinterest for Shopping Gets Updated

by: mylifeisgood This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 3 14:39:17 2012

Not interested.

by: Digmen1 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 3 15:14:37 2012

I am.
I think these sites are much better than "paid for" shopping comparison sites.
I'll have to check it out.
But they will have a hrd job to emulate Pinteret's huge rise to popularity in only a year or so.

This user has validated their user name. by: TheCheapSkirt

Thu Jul 5 14:26:37 2012

I've been posting items from my two stores to Wanelo for over a year now.

I get MUCH more traffic (and sales!) via Wanelo than I do Pinterest.

Some of my ugly sweaters have been added to hundreds of collections.

This user has validated their user name. by: TheCheapSkirt

Thu Jul 5 14:31:49 2012

I should add a link to show you how a store's items appear: http://wanelo.com/theuglysweatershop.ecrater.com

You can put your store URL in place of mine and see your items that others have saved. That's how I first found out about Wanelo, following traffic in Google Analytics.

This user has validated their user name. by: thehosst

Fri Jul 6 04:40:44 2012

excellent alternative for google ads

by: Woolf This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jun 16 13:05:20 2014

I have recently started posting my eBay listings to my Wanelo store page.  At first I was hoping this would help bring in traffic to my eBay store.  But I noticed a serious problem.

When an auction item completes on eBay, the Wanelo page says it has been sold, even if it has not.  And if I try to relist the new listing for that same item, Wanelo continues to mark the item as sold.  This is true even if I change the description wording.

I even tried deleting the closed listing from Wanelo before adding the re-listed item.  But it still shows up in Wanelo as having been sold.

If I can only list my auction or fixed-price items on my Wanelo page one single time. Then it won't be of much help to me at all.

This is a big disappointment as I had originally thought Wanelo was a huge improvement over Pinterest (which drives zero traffic to my eBay page, despite having a lot of repins).

Has anyone else had this same problem with Wanelo.com?  If so, did you ever get it resolved?