Thu June 21 2012 11:52:01

What Do You Think of the New PayPal Design?

By: Julia Wilkinson

PayPal.com is rolling out a new design of the site that is more focused on the customer. I first encountered the new look last night, and it came up with a large graphic and the words "Redesigned with you in mind."  Large tabs on the top left include "Buy," "Sell," and Transfer."

The "tour" of the navigation specifies that "We’ve really simplified our navigation, making it easier for you to find what you’re looking for and to explore some of the ways to use PayPal."  The login is redesigned and moved to the top of every page.

"Explore" on the top right lets you "explore some innovations that could make your life a little easier.

Once I logged in the screen looked more familiar listing "My account" recent activity. Clicking on "Explore" brought up a large graphic with information about the new "PayPal Here" mobile app and credit card reader/payment solution, as well as info about PayPal Mobile, Bill Me Later, and PayPal Shopping.

Do you see the new PayPal design, and what do you think of it? Will this make PayPal easier to use for you?

What Do You Think of the New PayPal Design?   What Do You Think of the New PayPal Design?

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Thu Jun 21 12:56:25 2012

I think they overlooked something. The ''Logging You In Securely'' page still takes FOREVER to refresh.

I can't recall the last time I haven't needed to ''click here'' on the message that says: If this page appears for more than 5 seconds, click here to reload.

This user has validated their user name. by: Roger Rabbit

Thu Jun 21 18:00:12 2012

Same old hoe in a different kimono.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ed Gadfly

Thu Jun 21 18:38:07 2012

Really?

No longer the ''world's most-loved way to pay and get paid?''

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Thu Jun 21 20:32:36 2012

Now that Visa’s online digital wallet, V.me, is up and running (see buy.com), with MasterCard’s offering soon to follow, the PayPal ''pig'' will need more than just some new lipstick on it for it to survive, outside of the atrophying eBay Marketplace, for even another year, I suspect.

Indeed, I doubt that anything can now save these two most despised entities, eBafia and PreyPal, from the destruction that has been wrought on them by the headless turkey from Bain & Co, John Edward Donahoe …

And to think that five years ago the stock prices of both eBay and Amazon were ~$40. The fact is, the old whale is high and dry on the beach; it is moribund; let it die in peace; (and, stock analysts, stop trying to shill investors into wasting their money on this loser, eBafia, and its ugly adopted daughter, PreyPal.)

And, just for a laugh then, some comment on PayPal’s off-eBay products: ''The New Way To Pay In-Store'' (at Home Depot), PayPal Here, SmartPay, PayPal Digital Wallet, PayPal Debit MasterCard, PayPal Local and Watch With eBay ...

eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking

by: Digmen1 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 22 00:47:33 2012

Much as I like Paypal I always thought their website was very outdated.
So I will be looking forward to the re-design
I just wish they would sell ebay.(he he)

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 22 06:57:36 2012

I hope that the home page eventually provides a link to my account. Tabs on a business account titles "GROW" and "FUNDRAISE" are of less use to me than functional navigation.

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 22 10:16:05 2012

I just loved reading the longer article about this where they said they had done this with, I blieve the words were, "thought and consideration of sellers needs'. I may have gotten the exact phrasing wrong but that is the tone they were taking. My problem is, when is the last time ebay/PP did anything with thought and consderation of anyone's needs other than those highly paid idiots that run the company? I hope it comes out nicely and works nicely, but I'm always a bit nervous about new changes coming from ebay/PP. I don't even sell on ebay but do use PP so anything to do with them makes me a bit nervous.

by: omg This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 22 11:14:48 2012

Not about their offerings and more about the customer? The first page I see, and after a hunt for the login space, was all about new products they are offering? Whattha.........?

by: EssexEstateServices This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jun 24 07:38:18 2012

What was so difficult about login in and seeing your account balance, who just paid you and a quick link to print postage?