Tue Oct 16 2012 15:29:24

Five Facebook Groups that Are Helpful to eBay Sellers

By: Julia Wilkinson

Nowadays it seems our "mindshare" has more and more competition...we are members of multiple Facebook Groups, online communities, LinkedIn Groups, etc. A few Facebook groups stand out in my mind as particularly helpful to eBay sellers (and Amazon sellers as well, but that's another topic for another day).

A fellow seller brought some of these to my attention. Some of them are the kind of thing where people say, "'I'm at GW (GoodWill)...showing a photo... is this good to sell?"  Or "I picked this up at a garage sale the other day...listed it for $0.99... and look what it sold for," she said.

Others also talk about new eBay policies, and give sellers a chance to vent to each other. Here are five especially helpful ones:

The Power of the eBay Community - Discussing eBay policies and changes, sellers helping sellers with buyer problems and issues.

Working eBay - Tips & News Conversation - the title pretty much says it all. Sellers discussing any and all issues to working as a seller -- packing/shipping, eBay policies and news, etc. Sort of a "water cooler" for those who work for themselves in this wacky eBay world!

Progressive eBay Strategy - A closed group; you need to request permission to join. eBay Strategy, news, sourcing, occasional polls, and even some fun chat.

Thrifting with the Boys - "The Boys" and people ask questions about items found at thrift stores on such, post photos, give each other feedback on pricing, share success stories.

Top-Rated Sellers Webinars - "For ALL eBay sellers of any status"! Also a closed group; you must ask permission to join.

I try to take time every day to stop into at least some of my groups and see what's going on, answer questions if possible, and share stories...oh and of course vent..hey we self-employed sellers need co-workers to vent to too!

Do you have a favorite Facebook-related group you want to share? Are you in any of these groups or groups like these, and do you find them helpful? Post a comment here!

Five Facebook Groups that Are Helpful to eBay Sellers   Five Facebook Groups that Are Helpful to eBay Sellers

by: Stephane This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 16 17:59:41 2012

This Group is for Amazon sellers

by: Stephane This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 16 18:18:06 2012

Click above to go to the Amazon sellers Facebook Group. We share tips, questions, concerns, ideas about selling online.

by: mylifeisgood This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 16 19:14:37 2012

Problem with these groups are the same as with the discussion boards on Ebay. You get three or four know it alls that run the discussion and they create a hateful atmosphere with anyone who asks a common question or questions the answers.

Thanks but no thanks, with help like that we don't need anymore enemies.

This user has validated their user name. by: Spartacus

Tue Oct 16 21:17:26 2012

mylifeisgood hit the nail on the head with that response. At least in the eBay forums you could setup a posting id and be relatively anonymous. I'd be mortified to even think of conversing on Facebook about a volatile topic like eBay where your real identity is used.

Then again, there's absolutely nothing of interest for me to justify wasting time when I could be building my business.

by: Grandma_Fish This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 17 00:06:40 2012

Who uses their real identity on Facebook?

by: Stephane This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 17 02:36:36 2012

Well i dont think There is à hateful atmosphere In our group.... Good luck everyone

by: purplerose This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 17 12:43:29 2012

The second one, "Working eBay - Tips & News Conversation" isn't working, says page not found and the third one blasts this page for always being negative. :l

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Wed Oct 17 13:24:45 2012

Hi Purplerose...the link works for me..not sure what was up with that. Thanks for your feedback!

by: johnnyMasada This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 17 15:20:15 2012

I have found the various facebook seller groups I joined to be quite helpful, quite enlightening, entertaining and on the rare occasion hilarious.  I am there to learn and banter is part of it.

In Fact I would also suggest the "Danni App" on Facebook also.

As for discussion boards on Ebay they are so heavily censured, nearly every topic of interest I try and follow is moderated right into the twilight zone. johnnyM

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Wed Oct 17 15:30:50 2012

Thanks, Johnny! I like ''The Danni App'' too. :)

by: Getnikeonebay This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 17 16:31:20 2012

I am Phil Kennedy the group moderator of Progressive eBay Strategies.

Thank you for posting the link to my group!!!

For those of you looking for a group that keeps things positive this is the place.

Like was mentioned above there are plenty of message boards to complain at already.

I try to keep the discussion in my group focused on sales strategies and the fun side of eBay such as finding humorous listings.

Although the group is private anyone is welcome to join.

by: Getnikeonebay This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 17 16:31:46 2012

I am Phil Kennedy the group moderator of Progressive eBay Strategies.

Thank you for posting the link to my group!!!

Although the group is private anyone is welcome to join.

by: Grandma_Fish This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 00:27:09 2012

Thanks, Phil, and Julia for the recommendations. (I was just kidding with the Facebook comment, really. Sorry, I just couldn't resist. My mom always told me I was a smarty-pants.) I will check all these other groups out. Julia, your Yardsalers group is one of my favorites, too. I don't post much, but I'm always reading and learning something new there. And I love Thrifting-with-the-Boys and the eBay Sellers Only group.

This user has validated their user name. by: TheCheapSkirt

Thu Oct 18 00:38:37 2012

I use my real identity on Facebook. Why wouldn't I? I have nothing to hide. My name and address is on every package I send out, I sign my name to my emails, etc.

I would like to know why someone would feel the need to create a "fake" identity on Facebook? The ones I've encountered are usually up to no good.

by: cherrypieandroses This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 00:43:10 2012

A page for listing blocked bidders.  Best to give full details so sellers can make informed decisions.

by: Danni Ackerman This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 00:48:03 2012

I am Danni of the Danni App, I run the Facebook group by the same name.  We are all about helping one another grow our businesses, problem solve and discuss all things eBay... negativity is discouraged!  buy low sell high!  A very helpful and friendly place to get assistance in your day to day eBay endeavors!

by: xcergy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 00:56:44 2012

Shameless plug.  My FB group discusses Internet Sales Tax issues.

by: ayuni This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 04:54:06 2012

Thrifting with the Boys is a really good group-people there are all about sharing info & helping each other. I've not come across a negative comment there ever.

The Danni App is an absolutely awesome group-I am surprised that you don't mention it. People there are all about motivating and encouraging each other, sharing info and basically helping each other succeed. Never a shred of negativity.  And Danni.... well, I don't know where she finds the time for it all - helping, posting, sending out weekly newsletters, doing her weekly show... and being a very successful eBay seller as well.

I stay away from eBays discussion groups or forums-not alot of positivity over there.

by: ssusannss This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 06:42:52 2012

The second link, 'Working ebay', is not working for me, either.

by: wallflower This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 18 08:27:07 2012

The "Working ebay..." group is a closed group. You can't find it by searching on facebook. You have to have an invite. I used to belong to it - great group - but I found it too time consuming. The guy that runs it is a sweetheart!