Tue Jan 31 2012 13:57:01

Welcoming Julia Wilkinson as New Editor of the AuctionBytes Blog

I'm thrilled to announce EcommerceBytes has named Julia Wilkinson the new Editor of the AuctionBytes Blog. Julia has written extensively about eBay, Amazon and online selling on this site, on her BidBits blog and Yard Salers website, and in other publications, and she is an occasional freelance writer for the Washington Post. She has also written books including the "eBay Price Guide" and "eBay Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks" as well as ebooks about selling online, and she is author of "My Life at AOL."

As Julia takes over this blog, we're changing its name back to the AuctionBytes Blog. I'm also happy to say that the EcommerceBytes Blog will get a new home, where I'll pick up where I'm leaving off here.

Julia will aim to complement EcommerceBytes' coverage of the broader etail world with pieces that are closer to AuctionBytes' roots, such as eBay auctions, the world of collectibles, sourcing products at estate and yard sales, offline auctions, selling on Amazon, and keeping up with alternative sites.

Julia has been selling online since 1999, so she knows her way around. In fact, we've had a lot of fun over the years - she's helped me cover many eBay Live conferences, and together we covered the MercExchange v. eBay appeal for EcommerceBytes, sitting together and scribbling furiously in the press box at the United States Supreme Court.

She's particularly adept at engaging readers, having first cut her teeth in social networking during her days as production manager at AOL's content sites, so look out for her on Facebook and Twitter as well!

This year is a banner year for EcommerceBytes - the site has never been busier in terms of content to write about and traffic from readers wanting to keep up with industry news. You are in good hands with Julia, and I hope you'll join me over at the EcommerceBytes Blog as well. You can subscribe to the RSS feed for the new EcommerceBytes Blog here.

Welcoming Julia Wilkinson as New Editor of the AuctionBytes Blog   Welcoming Julia Wilkinson as New Editor of the AuctionBytes Blog

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Tue Jan 31 14:30:11 2012

Congratulations everyone! Welcome Julia!

This user has validated their user name. by: juliawww

Tue Jan 31 14:48:27 2012

Thanks, Annie! Don't worry everyone...you will still be able to see Ina's blog, just in a different place! :) I look fwd. to hearing from you, and would love to know what topics are foremost on your mind. Also, AuctionBytes has a Facebook group..check it out if you get a chance..thanks! - Julia

by: Digmen1 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jan 31 16:13:07 2012

Its getting very confusing.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ina

Tue Jan 31 16:21:13 2012

I hope it isn't too confusing. Nothing changing with the newsletters.

Julia will blog here.

I will blog on blog.ecommercebytes.com.

You'll have the hang of it in no time! :)

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Tue Jan 31 16:43:09 2012

Will Letters-to-the-Editor still be sent to Ina? ~ Does Julia have an email address so that readers can send private message with suggestions for topics and issues?

by: Ohioseller This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jan 31 17:06:06 2012

Welcome!  I' m looking forward to your auction reporting as I am an auction lady.

This user has validated their user name. by: Nan

Tue Jan 31 19:47:10 2012

Welcome Julia - I always enjoy your articles and look forward to them.

And congratulations to Ina and David for the site growth!  I am always amazed at how you keep up with everything industry related.

K, I've got both the RSS feeds (EComBytes and ABytes) planted on my start page so I won't miss anything.
Kudos to alla-y'all. :)

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Feb 1 02:59:07 2012

Welcome, Julia!

For starters, I'd like to see
some in depth interviews with past or present ebay employees (protect them with anonymity) that reveals what backasswards method ebay uses to make decisions and, most of all, reveals the truth behind some these changes.

Surely there are a few past and/or present ebay employees who aren't sociopaths.

This user has validated their user name. by: Stockmiser

Wed Feb 1 05:54:45 2012

Congrats Julia!

Looking forward to reading your insights into ebay and other sites.

by: Quicksilver Messenger This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 1 10:15:57 2012

Again, welcome Julia. I will be most excited to read what you have to present on eCommerce Bytes!

by: LOISD This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 1 14:12:17 2012

How exciting!  Keep up the good work!  Looking forward to more information that helps us sell online.
Lois

by: LynnN This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 1 18:11:21 2012

Welcome Julia! It's great to hear that the auctionbytes blog is back in its own right. eBay, Amazon and collectibles are my main ecommerce interests so I'm looking forward to becoming a regular reader of your posts.
Wishing you every success
Lynn

by: Digmen1 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Feb 2 15:10:15 2012

I see Julia will be covering Amazon !

I did know know that Amazon did auctions !

(as I said before - its confusing)