Tue Feb 1 2011 19:16:45

Sellers Choice - Rate the Top Online Payments Services

How would you rate PayPal's seller fee structure on a scale of one to ten? How would you rate Google Checkout in terms of its popularity among shoppers? That's the kind of information we're gathering in the new Sellers Choice Online Payment Services awards - link.

In January of 2009 and again in 2010, we let you rate online marketplaces, and it has become one of our most popular features. This year we decided to expand and let merchants rate other services as well.

AuctionBytes has now opened up the Sellers Choice Awards allowing sellers to rate online payment services in four areas:

fee structure;

dispute resolution process;

account holds, rolling reserves and restrictions;

popularity among customers (shoppers).

We also want to know how likely you are to recommend online payment services to friends and colleagues, and there is a field to fill in your comments for each service - this is your opportunity to tell us what it's like to uses these payment services.

Please take a few moments to rate the top six online payment services, we'll publish the results in a future issue of AuctionBytes.

Take the Survey Now.

Sellers Choice -  Rate the Top Online Payments Services   Sellers Choice - Rate the Top Online Payments Services

by: Fruity This user has validated their user name.

Tue Feb 1 23:02:36 2011

I have more protection with Nigerian money orders than I do with paypal

by: Troglodyte

Wed Feb 2 00:15:12 2011

My crystal ball says:

by: Ebay Pays Shills Bills

Wed Feb 2 00:22:14 2011

Expect many illegal comments made by well paid PayPal social media specialists.

h
ttp://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/1704947/ftc-revises-guidelines-affecting-online-word-mouth

by: Rick1313

Wed Feb 2 00:52:14 2011

It should be noted that this survey should be called...

Mostly USA-based Sellers Choice Online Payment Services awards.

I believe the six mentioned online payment services are collectively available to USA-based sellers and not to non-USA based sellers.

To give better weight to the numbers that AB will be posting, the survey should have a question asking user to identify which country they are selling from (if it does then this post is for naught).

It will also help AB to filter out some false survey results.

Example: I am based in Canada. If I am stating so in the survey and then giving rating(s) for PayMate and/or Skrill (no improvement over the the questionable Moneybookers brand name. IMO), then AB knows its a bogus survey result as PayMate and Skrill are not available to Canadian-based sellers.

Let's say Amazon receives the highest percentage for recommendation. This does Canadian-based sellers no good unless they can open a bank account in the USA. Amazon will not transfer funds into Canadian bank accounts.

It would be interesting to find out how many of the filled-in surveys would be non-USA based sellers.

Just random thoughts and my two (Canadian) cents.

by: Ebay's Slow Death

Wed Feb 2 02:58:39 2011

Skrill (Moneybookers) aren't available in the US, unless they have changed their policy recently.

When I started selling on Delcampe about a year ago, I tried setting up an account with Moneybookers. They took all my personal banking information, and then said they weren't accepting US accounts any longer. Made me pretty angry.

They should just tell people up front that Skrill/Moneybookers is not available in the US.

Thank You for the survey, Ina!

by: Rick1313

Wed Feb 2 09:13:57 2011

USA-based sellers on eBay.com (USA-based site) have been able to offer Skrill since February of 2009.

I see some sellers offering it in their listings.

If what they told you is accurate, it would have to have been a very recent change.

When I checked their website last summer (seeing if I can use it), the USA (not Canada) was on their list of accepted countries.

When exactly did you apply?

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Wed Feb 2 15:14:21 2011

-- "PayPal, the world's most loved payment system (according to all the ebay, Live World, and PayPal employees who will take this survey."

All survey responses coming from eBay owned IP addresses should be discarded.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Feb 2 15:19:46 2011

PayPal should be the e payment method of choice with criminals and the least favored among sellers given the crimes they facilitate among buyers and the crimes commit against sellers.

This user has validated their user name. by: silent anarchy

Wed Feb 2 18:05:21 2011

Every seller i know that remains on ebay feels like they are forced to use paypal cuz they are. How anybody can beleive ebays spin about paypal not being mandatory should try to list and item. It says you MUST have a paypal account to sell, boy that sure sounds like forcing to me. I stoped selling on ebay when i couldnt list without have a forced paypal account. Hey all you ebay cheerleaders, try explain that to all that you can still accept moneyorders on ebay when ebay will cancell your auction or suspend you if you try.

by: Joe Average

Wed Feb 2 19:32:36 2011

When you team PayPal with eBay feedback policies, ie you cannot leave negative feedback to fraudulent buyer, you have a losing combo.

by: unusual1

Thu Feb 3 00:23:38 2011

Ebay is making sellers THINK they have no alternative to paypal - there is. You MUST take credit cards first and foremost - but it doesn't have to be pp. Take your own credit cards if you must stay on ebay and dump paypal in the toilet where it belongs. When I sold on ebay years ago I never took paypal but I do take credit cards. I would send a CC invoice from my website, which also said I would take money orders and checks. It takes longer and more involved but pp and feebay don't get the money - worth the time.

by: Rick1313

Thu Feb 3 01:21:48 2011

To unusual1's post...

Even with your own CC merchant account(s) your payment is under eBay,inc.'s control.

To process CC payments, a gateway (Payflow) is used.

The small print for Payflow says that you are under the PayPal user agreement.

------------------

To silent anarchy's post...

I have documented here on AB how I am using eBay,inc.'s progression on amending the payment system as proof of their bad faith dealings with sellers (even buyers!!), let alone breaching their own selling sites UA's (.com/.ca are only site literature now).

They have my registered letters (sent to eBay,inc. and PayPal HQ's) on how they are denying me the use of another VIABLE electronic method, as I want to drop PayPal from my listings.

As such, until eBay,inc. provides me with another viable electronic payment method (besides allowing me to reinstate in my listings that I accept money orders), PayPal cannot, in any which way, find me at fault in any open cases.

In the advent of an open case, PayPal can use their no fault clause and pay the buyer from their own pockets.

Any adverse actions taken on my account will be dealt with according in a ''venue'' that is out of their control.

by: Mark

Fri Feb 4 09:59:23 2011

Can you post this to Twitter as I refuse to facebook anything

by: Joe Average

Mon Feb 7 12:39:00 2011

PayPal, breakfast of eBay lowlifes and fraudsters ie:

510305455

by: John

Wed Feb 9 10:00:41 2011

Can't speak for myself but here is one guy who has a lot to say, if you care to read it. I feel bad for the guy but the discussion speaks volumes about PP

Topic on the pay-pal discussion forum is:....

Think PAYPAL has your back...think again

Link:...