|Tue July 13 2010 05:03:23|
eBay Announcing More Changes for Sellers Today
By: Ina Steiner
eBay is set to announce SR3 (Seller Release 3) today. There are a number of changes, from tweaking UPI and bulk-editing functionality, to a launch of eBay's own shippinging insurance option, ShipCover. eBay will require sellers to use product catalog in three media and electronics categories and will make it free to list them during the holidays.
The catalog powers the product pages that eBay launched last year. Product pages feature a "value box" similar to Amazon's Buy Box that feature a few select listings. eBay is telling sellers in SR3 that to be eligible for the value box, they must be an eBay Top-rated seller and their listings must meet all the following requirements:
* Actively listed with the catalog (verses automatically mapped by eBay)
* Fixed Price format
* New item condition
* Priced competitively
See today's news story for more about some of the changes eBay will be announcing, and let us know what you think of Seller Release 3, and we'll be filing additional reports as we absorb this news.
eBay Announcement, July 13, 2010
With the 2010 Holiday selling season just around the corner, updates are coming this fall to help you take full advantage of the increased holiday traffic, maximize sales, and streamline your operations.
Updates that impact your selling are now being consolidated with lead time to adapt. These updates are scheduled to launch between September 7 and September 13 unless otherwise noted. This is the third and final seller update for 2010.
Stay on top with great value and service
- New, faster ways to find great deals on hot holiday products: iPod & MP3 Players, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and DVDs, HD DVDs & Blu-ray. Pay no Insertion Fees in these subcategories when you list with the catalog - required for all listings with a catalog match.
- Monitor your listing performance and sales , quickly spot needed adjustments with new Listing Analytics application
- Update multiple listings at once: Adjust price, accept returns, tweak descriptions, and more
- Unpaid Item Assistant update: Get inventory back on the shelf fast with auto-relist; exempt your preferred buyers
Improve service, reduce buyer questions with shipping enhancements
- Shipping options prominently displayed with estimated delivery using four familiar terms: Economy, Standard, Expedited, and One-day
- Take more control over shipping to areas such as Alaska and Hawaii
- Offer shipping discounts to buyers through the Shipping Calculator
- Get new low-cost shipping insurance with eBay label printing
Streamline buyer communications
- Updates encourage buyers to read your description, help you field common questions, and let you avoid contacts from your blocked buyers
- New functionality in My Messages: Make it your central inbox for buyer communications
So what do you think of the updates?