|Fri Mar 19 2010 15:08:36|
eBay Executive Pocketbooks Take a Hit in 2009
By: Ina Steiner
eBay released information about executive compensation in an SEC filing on Friday, publishing the salaries of CEO John Donahoe, PayPal President Scott Thompson, President of eBay Marketplaces Lorrie Norrington, CFO Bob Swan and Senior VP of Technology Mark Carges. While they all earned more in salaries, their total compensation declined in 2009 - except for Scott Thompson.
In addition to salary, bonuses, stock awards options and incentives, perks for all or some of the executives included:
Last year, eBay's Board of Directors found the company under-performed in 2008 and awarded no non-equity Incentive Plan bonuses to top executives. This year, however, the Board awarded Mr. Donahoe $1.57 million, 58% higher than what he received in 2007.
- Personal airplane usage (John Donahoe and Bob Swan);
- Home security (Lorrie Norrington - $24,773);
- Information technology support services for home computers;
- Matching 401(k) contributions;
- Group life insurance premiums;
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage;
- Retention plan (John Donahoe and Bob Swan)
eBay will report first quarter earnings on April 21st, and it will hold its annual shareholders meeting on April 29, 2010, at 8:00 am Pacific time in San Jose.