Fri Oct 29 2010 12:54:01

PayPal Outage Brings Payments to a Standstill

PayPal is having an outage that started at 8 am PT. Almost all members are having difficulty logging in to their PayPal accounts and sending or receiving money from PayPal.

eBay informed sellers that PayPal's technical issues impacted the ability for buyers to checkout with PayPal. In addition, eBay sellers are unable to print shipping labels on PayPal.

See eBay announcement and PayPal announcement.

Update: PayPal site is back up - see announcement.

PayPal Outage Brings Payments to a Standstill   PayPal Outage Brings Payments to a Standstill

by: paypalanuj

Fri Oct 29 13:00:25 2010

Anuj from the PayPal comms team here. I wanted to let everyone know that we’re experiencing an issue on PayPal.com. We are working to get this fixed and will update our corporate blog as we have more information: https://www.thepaypalblog.com/

by: unknown This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 29 13:10:54 2010

No problem logging in to paypal for me - or any problems printing labels through stamps.com

by: It's a Feature!

Fri Oct 29 13:46:34 2010

Actually, this isn't an outage, it's one of the PayPal Developer award winners being implemented. It's called PayPal "Time Out"

by: Just Checked...

Fri Oct 29 13:52:16 2010

As of 1:50PM (Eastern) I am able to log in to my PayPal account.

It was just a quick test to see if I could log-in... I didn't explore the site to see if *everything* was working, but the page with all my current transactions did show up properly.

by: Happy Galuckie

Fri Oct 29 13:55:45 2010

I've had ZERO sales on eBay to-day so this outage has not had any affect on me. All of my sales were on my web store where I only accept credit cards (no PayPal) so there have been no issues for me there as well.

Ahhhhh.... what a relief it is to be free from the PayPal abuse-machine.

by: paypalanuj

Fri Oct 29 13:56:01 2010

Anuj from the PayPal comms team here again. I just wanted to let everyone know that the site is back up. More information can be found on our corporate blog: https://www.thepaypalblog.com/

by: buck efay

Fri Oct 29 13:57:25 2010

It's not like you NEED your money, you only WANT it! Paypal NEEDS it!
(paraphrasing Sandy Purins, Paypal attorney. From a statement she made last year when Paypal started holding all sellers funds, then claimed it was a glitch) CROOKS!

by: Mr. Obvious

Fri Oct 29 13:59:43 2010

It will be better by Cyber Monday when everybody logs in on their cell phone.

by: Jeff

Fri Oct 29 14:49:53 2010

So today I want to buy something from eBay. I haven't bought something for a long time, but I find a unique item I want. It's a BIN with Immediate Payment Required.

I am unable to pay because Paypal is down, and now I risk loosing the item. Someone else could snatch it when everything is working again. It figures...

This user has validated their user name. by: Ranson

Fri Oct 29 15:01:06 2010

Payment system is still down, just tryed to pay for an item.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Fri Oct 29 15:07:44 2010

Everyone and everything will continue to play a diminishing role on ebay.

This is just another indication of The Ho's long term strategic plan to destroy the US ebafia marketplace so he can cash in on his remaining stock options while the stock's temporarily hot and then sell all of us out to the Communist Chinese.

John Donahoe is anti small business, anti American, and pro Communist Chinese.

by: Troglodyte

Fri Oct 29 15:16:00 2010

Ebay ethics at its best worst! Read how Meg Whitman raped ebay, its employees, and clients (sellers) in ways you probably didn't know.

Three cheers for alter.net!

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Fri Oct 29 15:53:35 2010

Just removed PayPal from my website and have added Google payments instead.

If we all did this before Monday, PayPal would be severely impacted.

by: 296569

Fri Oct 29 18:24:28 2010

Here is some juicy reading.

At eBay, Whitman Was Known for Fierce Temper

by: 105209

Fri Oct 29 18:28:51 2010

Sorry wrong link above. It's not anything like cross-dressing bass players either... lol

At eBay, Whitman Was Known for Fierce Temper

You can also just search that title the story is on baycitizen.org

by: Rick1313

Fri Oct 29 23:27:55 2010

As I have said on another AB blog/letter to editor, the reason eBay,inc. posted this problem on their announcement boards was because it affected buyers.

If it was just sellers having trouble printing labels, it would not have been posted.

This seems to be the ''new and improved'' way of eBay,inc. posting technical problems.

If I have the time this weekend, I will give a nice fireside chat of two incidents that happened last year, when it comes to eBay,inc. and their announcement boards.

Have the hot cocoa (or sangria) ready.

by: Jay

Sat Oct 30 01:15:42 2010

I'm happy to report I have had no trouble with receiving or sending payments with Paypal today!

I also had no problem printing shipping labels with Paypal shipping!

I did however have a problem sending a partial refund for an item Ebay's system over charged!

My ad said $6 shipping, the calculator below my BIN price said $6, but somehow the customer paid $13 and Paypal would not let me do a partial refund of $7. I had to send the money thru Paypals personal payment option.

WEIRD!

by: dave

Sat Oct 30 13:27:55 2010

I echo the sentiments of the poster who says Donahoe is anti-American, pro-Chinese. Doesn't the government have some obligation to execute those who dare to commit economic treason?

by: Ebay Pays My Foreclosure

Sat Oct 30 15:05:34 2010

by: Jay
Sat Oct 30 01:15:42 2010

Jay Ebay Pays My Bills z50com [http://shop.ebay.com/z50com/m.html] shilling hard for a living.

m

by: o.c.d.collectibles This user has validated their user name.

Sat Oct 30 17:12:16 2010

It doesn't matter. 3rd quarter reports are already out, that's all Donahoe cares about. he figures no one will notice a small glitch like paypal being down for a day..