Mon Aug 10 2009 09:44:43

eBay Rolling out Seller Tools in SM Apps

Auctane Shipping Manager is the latest tool listed in eBay' SM Apps directory, and expect to see more seller tools available through eBay's Selling Manager this month. Autane's tool helps sellers process USPS shipments. According to its description in eBay's directory:

Auctane Shipping Manager is the quickest tool available for generating USPS labels. With just a few clicks, sellers can batch print multiple shipping labels and packing slips. Auctane will automatically display your sold items, allow you to mark them as paid, and combine multiple orders into the same shipment. Once you generate a label, Auctane will mark the item as shipped in eBay, leave buyer feedback (optional), and email the buyer a shipping notification.

Best of all, Auctane is FREE!

Please note that Auctane does not allow you to pay for your postage online. It is intended for sellers who use regular postage stamps or have a postage meter. The next version of Auctane will allow you to pay for USPS postage via Stamps.com and provide support for UPS and other carriers.

eBay has opened Selling Manager to third-party developers, giving them greater exposure to eBay sellers. eBay processes subscription payments for the vendors and takes a percentage for itself. The project, originally dubbed Project Echo, is now called SM Apps, or Selling Manager Applications.

A number of third-party applications are currently available through eBay Selling Manager, which is free for sellers, and eBay Selling Manager Pro, which is a paid subscription service. Many of the SM applications are initially available on a free-trial basis.

Six applications are currently listed in the SM Apps directory, and eBay said applications from vzaar, Worldwide Brands, Afterbuy and My.ShipRush would launch later this month. (Expect some more on the list as well.)

eBay Rolling out Seller Tools in SM Apps   eBay Rolling out Seller Tools in SM Apps

by: what for

Mon Aug 10 10:23:23 2009

HEY EBAY

Sorry but you can take your tool and stick it. I will stay with the USPS website for my labels. At least they have a visual idea of what is going on.

You are still in a fog. Fix the glitches before you mess with anything else.

by: ebay=penny stock

Mon Aug 10 10:25:57 2009

Quote " Best of all Auctane is Free"

Yea sure right!!!!!!!!!! If one believes this I have a bridge in Alaska for sale.

Nothing Ebay does is free. It will cost you dearly in the long run.

by: Quantity Manager

Mon Aug 10 10:58:10 2009

@''what for'' & ''ebay=penny stock''

eBay doesn't run these apps.  Auctane is saying their own app is free for you to use.  Lumping them or the eBay developer program in with the eBay you deal with as a seller is completely unwarranted.

@ Ina

These programs are not currently available to use.  They are just there as a teaser for a future release.  That's been the case since April.

by: Has Bob been Unpluged ?

Mon Aug 10 11:05:34 2009

Sorry,
This is off topic but,
 I have been trying to get on the e bay boards to see what if anything is being said on them, but I can't get on them, and the one time I did, the ''Powersellers'' board was gone ??
I guess that would be one way to shut everyone up...

by: Palindrome

Mon Aug 10 12:55:11 2009

Until they fix best match, Ebay is finished. Any of these programs is just lipstick on a non performing pig.
Where are the sales? Where is the traffic?

OT: Ina, check this out, Ebay tried to trick me & force me to pay for Gallery Plus, I tried revising an item, dropping the price to make a stinking sale on the desert of ebay, and they checked Gallery Plus for me, trying to charge me extra and graying out the button so I could not uncheck it. Is this what it's come to now, Feebay? Are you that desperate to steal the last dollar from me?

by: unaware

Mon Aug 10 14:35:07 2009

I learned long ago not to put all my eggs in one basket with eBay... you would be a fool to rely on eBay associated companies for anything like auction management or postage purchase and shipping management. I use my own auction management software and use Endicia for postage purchases. EBay has proven themselves as untrustworthy when it comes to treating me as a customer (as a eBay seller) so I choose to use their services as little as possible.

On another topic... is anyone else having slow page loading with eBay over the last three or four days? EBay is usually slow but the load time for My eBay has been like watching paint dry the last few days and it is no better when trying to look at listing pages or go to the search page. I don't think it is on my end... all other web sites (non eBay) are loading as fast as normal, but eBay has been much slower then normal. Has anyone else encountered this? Our my customers getting such slow listing loads as well?

by: just me

Mon Aug 10 14:43:54 2009

The slow ebay page loading is just the

agonizing death of Ebay.

by: John

Mon Aug 10 15:07:19 2009

@ unaware

I try to stay away from eBay as much as possible. I do check for about 6 different postcard items each week. I have found the pages are loading extremely slow as well as the pictures for the sellers. It is very bothersome, and I am glad I only look for 6 postcard items and nothing more. I will also admit I am starting to get some pretty good hits in the google product search for postcards. I really like google product search and use it more and more.

by: unaware

Mon Aug 10 15:58:01 2009

@John

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me if the page loading appears to be worse recently (last 2 or 3 days) then previously? EBay has always been slow loading in relation to other sites but I was wondering if this ''slower then normal slow'' is something that just came up and is being seen by others?

by: Ebay h8er

Mon Aug 10 16:11:13 2009

It takes time to jam 642 cookies down your computer's throat. I see so many cookies from them when I go there from many data mining operations. Maybe clear all your cookies before going there & they won't be sending each other your info back & Forth.

by: John

Mon Aug 10 16:45:15 2009

@ Unaware

eBay pages have been loading slower then normal the last 4 or 5 days. What I mean by slower then normal is they normally load slower then the internet but the last 4 or 5 days they have been extremely slow. To the point of having to refresh more then once in some cases. There have been other posters complaining about the load time as well.

Ebayh8er may have a point about the cookies or anything else they may be trying to cram down our throats. They are planning to eliminate the ability to contact other users via email for all non transactions this fall. IMO this would need to have some files downloaded to ones computer. I believe that eBay is on their users computers more then any user would like to know. JMO

by: Ebay h8er

Mon Aug 10 17:57:08 2009

My old computer used to tell me every cookie before I would accept it. 2 years ago, the only cookies were from Ebay. Last year, I noticed dozens of new cookies every time I tried to shop. These were not from Ebay, but from shopping sites, data analysis sites, all kinds of junk, and more on every page. I used to deny them all and could keep Ebay running relatively alright. Maybe you need to clear out the cookies, turn security to high, and once you find something you want, then turn on the cookies to buy. My new computer has alerted me thru Norton on Ebay's pages of tracking cookies everytime I go there with them on. Stay out of my business, Greedbay, it's not your info, it's mine. Yeah, I'm going to Ecrater, Bonanzle & Amazon now, TS, if Best Match worked, I'd still shop on Feebay more. You don't need to spy on me, I'll tell you why: BEST MATCH SUCKS! I don't want or need anything from your precious diamonds.

by: Bob Unplugged

Mon Aug 10 19:17:28 2009

I see more posters here are having some fun with me. I ask the negative nay- boobs to please leave well meaning contributors,like myself,out of their vitriol and hate!

Yes the PS board is alive and very well,thank you! Of course I have to put out some fires from negative nay-boobs there as well. You know,The eBay is eVil crowd.

I always ask them,if you feel eBay is so bad,why do you do business with them? What does that make you? Haven't heard a good answer yet!

Negativity grows like a tumor. I know a lot of sellers are frustrated,but even more are out making a good hearty living doing what they love,and that's selling on eBay!

pants optional!

remember the lord judges favorably those who look for the good in others. eBay is run by people who stand to be hurt by these assaults day in and day out.

I will bow out before buck efay  huh  huh huh huh BUCK EFAY huh huh huh huh and "J" spread their anonymous joy

by: Jason @ Auctane

Mon Aug 10 19:53:29 2009

@ ''what for'' and ''ebay=penny stock''

My name is Jason, and I am a developer at Auctane.  Auctane is not affiliate with eBay any more than you are as an eBay seller.  Our applications don't even run on eBay's servers.

The current version of Auctane Shipping Manager really is free and there are no plans to make it a paid service in the future.  We are going to be releasing a ''Shipping Manager Pro'' application in the next couple of months which will support UPS, FedEx, and Stamps.com, as well as some other bells and whistles.  This version will have a small monthly fee, however the current USPS version will remain free.

by: Buck Efay

Mon Aug 10 20:06:24 2009

Boob Unplugged, Ebay is run by idiots that want nothing more than to destroy people's livelihoods thru ignorance of the marketplace & best match. They are soulless sellouts, braindead college educated losers that think they know more about running a real life business then those of us that have been successful for 30+ years. I certainly hope that our posts hurt ebay just one iota as much as they hurt us. I was an Ebay booster for 10 years until they destroyed the market. At that point, I turned against them as they turned against us, the sellers. WE are the power behind Ebay, not some diamonds, not some corporate seatfiller. I feel nothing but hate & disgust towards Ebay now. I will never stop posting about this horrible company until King JD & his gang of buffoons are replaced. I am just one noisy unwashed seller, but one person can change the world. If JD could do this much damage, it's only up yo us to finish the job now. Ebay is a sick wounded calf, and bleeding badly. All the ex sellers are wolves, out to nip & bite until Ebay is done. Ebay thinks we are trash, noise and unwashed sellers. Well, we will see what happens next. I think the faster we mire Ebay in lawsuits and kill it, the better chance we'll make money elsewhere. Yeah, I'm anonymous, just like Ebay's wonderful buyers, the ones with 0 feedback and 1234567890 as phone numbers, and wrong addresses.
You wanna know who I am Boob? I was a powerseller with over 10,000+ feedback, until Ebay destroyed my business thru fraud, deception, and underhandedness. Until Ebay kills best match & registers ALL users, it's roadkill. I vent all my anger, Booby Boy, so I'm not worried. King JD's Ebay is the cancer, and it needs to be destroyed. Now go back to your cubicle, and pray your ebay stooge job will not be one of the next job cuts. Ebay is Evil. Ebay is fraud against sellers, and Ebay encourages cheap Chinese junk instead of the quality sellers that built the site. Isn't it strange, Boob, that sales EVERYWHERE are up BUT NOT ON EBAY? The trend will continue. Ebay has hurt so many people with fascist, poorly thought out policies in the past year. The critical mass is being reached. The negatives far outweigh any positive from Ebay now. If all these changes are so wonderful, Bobby, where is the traffic? Where are the sales? twice as many listings as a year ago, but still down 29% in Sell Thru & sales. Ebay is over, and King JD killed the last great internet success story.

by: Ebay H8er

Mon Aug 10 20:10:19 2009

Jason @ auctane, why even waste your time on a lame site like Ebay? Sellers need help, they need a new site, they need tools for their webpages. But you being in bed with Ebay makes all that unlikely to happen.

by: ebay=penny stock

Mon Aug 10 20:27:14 2009

@Jason

So I was right. Why didn't you clarify it is free for the time being.

See what really happens is you sucker enough people into using it and then lower the boom. Pay a fee or get out. Something akin like ebay does to sellers by changing the name of the canoe in mid stream.

Best question is why would someone need another way to USPS, FedEx etc. Any smart seller has already set up for it. What is really needed like ebay8er says is another site that works. And not bonanzle or ecarter. They have nothing to offer. Free is not free if you don't sell anything.

by: SO SO SAD

Mon Aug 10 20:28:40 2009

Ebay =
(E)bays (B)estmatch (A)nnihilates (Y)oursales

by: Jason @ Auctane

Mon Aug 10 20:37:26 2009

@ ebay=penny stock

No, you are not right.  As soon as the Selling Manager Application Directory is released, we will have product #1 - Auctane Shipping Manager.  Soon thereafter, we wil have product #2, Auctane Shipping Manager Pro.  Product #1 will still be available for free and will not have any reduced functionality because of Product #2.  Does that help clarify things?  There's no bait and switch going on here.

by: ebay=penny stock

Mon Aug 10 20:45:36 2009

@Jason

You speak great ebayese. Problem is you have to read between the lines to see what you are really saying.

I stand on the facts. Ebayese has been known to sugar coat the facts.