Mon Apr 27 2009 22:27:50

Bonanzle Sellers Fired up over Listing Counts

Some readers have been urging me to write about Bonanzle's climb up the PSU chart of listing counts. The PowerSellersUnite (PSU) chart was created to help buyers and sellers get a sense of the number of listings on eBay alternative websites.

If you know Bonanzle sellers, you know they are a passionate group, and apparently they are competitive too. There was some cheering today on the discussion boards when Bonanzle surpassed eCrater on the PSU chart, though they're back down to the number 4 spot this evening.

As any seller will tell you, what matters on a marketplace is sales, sales, sales, since that means buyers and not just sellers are visiting the site. But you have to admire the Bonanzle enthusiasm. Tell us why you think the race to the top of the PSU chart is meaningful or not.

Bonanzle Sellers Fired up over Listing Counts   Bonanzle Sellers Fired up over Listing Counts

by: Gertrude

Mon Apr 27 22:33:46 2009

You have to have buyers for a website to succeed. Bonanzle has a lot of sellers.

by: Harriet

Mon Apr 27 22:38:27 2009

I sell on both eCrater and Bonanzle, Etsy too and eBay (not so much anymore).

While I have had some sales on Bonanzle, I have had many more on eCrater. But then I have been there longer and have a larger inventory of items.

I think the drop in eCrater numbers was probably because there were sales made, and then it went back up again as sellers added products.

Both sites are nice and refreshing to sell on.

I think they are both excellent sites. Etsy is too.

I like the down home friendliness of Bonanzle. It makes people feel welcome.

There is no doubt that Bonanzle has had a dramatic rise since it started.

I wish them every success.

by: Allan Kraig

Mon Apr 27 23:01:29 2009

I wish we could get the top shelf decision makers at Bonanzle to start letting sellers post regular auctions there, The problem is that their listings set way to long with no activity and their categories could use a little spiffing up too, Auctions would build up immediate traffic, I believe, to get the ball rolling a little faster, It would also drive more sellers from eBay to them over nite  and we all know many sellers are buyers .. Just my thought on the matter .. that was the magic traffic builder in eBay's beginning & many other successful e-commerce sites now (police auctions, auctions international, gsa, government liquidation, bargainland/bidtopia, Property room, bid4assetts & so on) ...

We are still boycotting eBay since last year .. I am close to losing my house at this point going from a silver powerseller on one account & a bronze on the other to zero/zero, lots of ramen noodles for dinner, but I can look myself in the face in the mirror ... Ina Thank You for Being there for us lowly ex-ebayer's & shine a glimmer of hope how ever slight it may be  Allan Kraig

by: Jerry

Mon Apr 27 23:16:14 2009

Hello, my name is Jerry Whitney the Founder of www.efleaa.com and for the most part I have been very passive toward the aggressiveness of some of the sellers on Bonanzle directed toward me & my site.
We just started using Twitter as a promotional tool for efleaa, we have had Bonanzle members change our tweets around as they retweeted them, to make it look like I support bonanzle, in which I would never support a site that is all smoke and mirrors & artificially grown, I know there is a lot of good people on that site and if they really knew what went on behind the scenes, they would not be on the zle. For instance members are encouraged to clear their cookies when coming from another site that links to the zle, in order for their page rank to improve, they are urged to list list list, one member told them they had listed everything they could and to quit emailing them to list more. Why they would come after my site with their rudeness is beyond me, but from now on the gloves are off, we will not tolerate anymore of the zle's foolishness, I am mad as hell and will not take it anymore, efleaa is my dream and my baby, to the ones at the zle who find it amusing to write your insulting emails and put our site down, I say to you back the hell off.
                  Jerry.

by: matt

Mon Apr 27 23:18:50 2009

Who cares? Bonanzle has NO buyers.....at least now I know that if Bonanzle is number 4.....anyone behind them is pointless to list on, too.

by: Sally Williams

Mon Apr 27 23:33:58 2009

I would like to direct this comment to Jerry.

I am so sorry you have been mistreated in this manner and would hope you do not judge all that are on Bonanzle by the actions of some.

I find this type of behavior deplorable and do hope it ceases with you coming out in the open over it.

As to the rest, there are many that have concerns as to what may or may not happen with the site.  Only time will tell.

by: Jerry

Mon Apr 27 23:39:09 2009

Sally,
I know that there are a lot of good people on the site, that are trying to make a living in this tough economy and I wish them the best and hope they make lots of money on zle. thanks Jerry.

by: the7thpwr

Tue Apr 28 00:14:05 2009

@ Jerry (efleaa)
Sorry someone treated you poorly Jerry. The only thing I have seen is an unprofessional attempt to bash the competition from your part. Not what I would call very professional and a poor way try to gain an audience for yet another new venue. I bet the owners of Bonanzle don't bad mouth their competition at least not in a public forum. I've actually seen them write positive things about their competition. Everybody wants to succeed, but I don't think the way to attract potential customers is to leave nasty remarks about others. It just appears small time. Best wishes in all your endeavors, Jerry (the7thpwr)

by: Jerry

Tue Apr 28 00:35:06 2009

I did not leave the comment to gain new members, just to put the ones who think they have everyone fooled at the zle under notice, I will not take their bull any longer, it goes to show in your comments how easy it is for you guys to bash others, while at the same time chastising me for defended my site.
I did not start this but I darn well am going to finish it & yes it will be in the public not behind smoke & mirrors if they continue to keep playing their games.

by: BellyDance&More

Tue Apr 28 00:37:43 2009

The only place that I am passionate about is ebay. I despise it there. I am a seller at several other e-auction-sites and actually wish them ALL well. Auction-bashing is not for me. I have fun selling on Bonanzle and like the positive upbeat attitude there. OLA is friendly as well..and I like e-crater but find it's navigation syatem baffling. I just hope that SOME alternate site beats the stuffin' out of big ''E'' and that I am there to see it.

by: magnoliaglitz

Tue Apr 28 00:52:58 2009

I sell on bonanzle and have ran into nothing but positive thinking and people willing to give you a helping hand and as far as any one bashing this jerry person, I have never even heard of him good or bad.

by: Dakota Exchange

Tue Apr 28 00:53:03 2009

I post auctions on Bonanzle. I do most of my selling when I hold auctions.

While you are correct that you don't just list the auctions and then sit back and let it happen, you can still list them.

All you have to do is plan it well in advance, promote the daylights out of it and when auction time comes, you call it in your booth chatbox.

AuctionWally has taken it to a new level by combining Bonanzle with an online audio streaming site where he actually calls the auction live - in voice!

It can be done but you have to have the motivation to put some work into it.

PS - the boyz at Bonanzle have told me that they are working on setting things up to make auctions easier for those of us who hold them. They didn't give me any details.

by: Henrietta

Tue Apr 28 01:07:19 2009

@Jerry

Bonanzle is a venue. The owners of Bonanzle are not and should not be held responsible for the alleged actions of some of their sellers.

I can assure you as a seller on Bonanzle since July last year that I have NEVER received emails from Bonanzle asking me to list.

Their are groups in the forum who do their own thing.

I am extremely disappointed that you, the management of efleaa (which is also a venue and one I reviewed on my blog redInkDiary.com) would trash talk another venue. You may be angry, but it reflects poorly on your professional image and on your site.

by: varietyisle

Tue Apr 28 01:10:07 2009

Bonanzle is a very new, and very different, selling venue.  The growth there has stemmed from a grass roots movement, not official advertising.  When you really think about it, it is amazing.  I sell and buy on Bonanzle as well as Ebay, both of which I like, and both of which are very different in style as well as policy. I firmly believe that as people become familiar with the many wonderful features that Bonanzle offers, such as live chat, free booths, and no listing fees, the ranking in the PSU charts will matter.  Buyers want choices, and as the variety of items and booths grows, so does the clientele.  Furthermore, let us not forget that sellers are also buyers, and Bonanzle seems to have achieved the kind of loyalty that money cannot buy.  Bonanzle has given me the opportunity to become part of a community which is positive and supportive, in which individual people can and do matter.

by: May

Tue Apr 28 01:24:17 2009

FIRED UP HERE!!! Bonanzle is the best selling site on the web in my opinion. Friendly people, excellent customer support, and look....I still have both my arms and legs! The beauty of Bonanzle is, you get out what you put in. I'm in control of my exposure, not someone controlling it for me. Remember the name Bonanzle, it's becoming household.

by: Eltasche

Tue Apr 28 01:34:52 2009

The fact that Bonanzle is quickly growing is becoming more evident every day. The ability to hit number 3 even if only for a few hours shows the potential that Bonanzle has.

Next time we will not only hit number 3  but we will hold it too!Then we will work on moving forward to the number 2 spot next. We won't stop until Bonanzle is the number one place on the 'net to buy and sell.

While there may be a few renegades in any group. Bonanzle does not behave themselves in any manner but professional.

Bonanzle and its members are not taken back by angry insults from unprofessional s. We will hit the top! ...it's just a matter of time.

by: onlinevendor

Tue Apr 28 01:57:47 2009

As others have said, a marketplace without buyers isn't a marketplace. It's a place for people with a hobby to spend some time.  Perhaps one day these sites will be different, but for now for a full time seller, they are simply a waste of time.

by: J

Tue Apr 28 03:32:17 2009

Bonanzle may be getting a bump since they were mentioned in an AARP magazine article in the March/April 2009 issue:  http://www.aarpmagazine.org/money/earn_extra_money_fast.html

by: Renagade

Tue Apr 28 05:51:34 2009

To address a few points here....yes Bonanzle has a base of sellers like none other.  They have all worked hard at listing to bring the number of items up, knowing that sales are made when the buyer can find what they are looking for.  The more items listed the better chance of this.
....yes sales are being made on Bonanzle.  But just like any other site, the economy is affecting sales on Bonanzle too.
....NOW @EFleaa Jerry....MAN I am sorry if anyone has  altered your tweets...I personally have not seen this happen and if it had I feel you need to address those who have directly, not here in a public forum.  As the OWNER of a site, you have just crossed the line over to unprofessionalism. I know that many from Bonanzle WERE looking at your site as a possible nother venue to sell on,  I doubt they will now and you will probably lose some of the ones that have already started listing there.
Ina, Again... another great article from you....Thank you!

by: SK

Tue Apr 28 06:39:44 2009

1 - listings are free, and can be (often poorly) imported from ebay = hundreds of thousands of items that already weren't selling on ebay.

2 - listings never expire - so they accumulate like a cyber landfill.

3 - nothing but google traffic - which is also free, and you can get from anywhere.

4 - no sales statistics.  why?  because they have 1% of the traffic a site like etsy has, and if they actually told people how few items were being sold, no one would waste their time.

5 - wishful thinking and ''positive thoughts'' are nice for a peace rally, but it doesn't pay my bills.

6 - for all the bazilion listings on bonanzle, most are over-priced slag from ebay.  Try finding anything you actually want to buy there - I dare you.  I've tried dozens of times.

7 - no mechanism to clean up the site, clean out the junk, and clear out the abandoned sellers.  In another year, the landfill will become a cesspool.

Bottomline - this site was built for SELLERS, not buyers.  I've directed a dozen buyers to the site, and they all feel the same way - it's pretty, it's hard to get around, it's non-intuitive, it's ''trendy''.

It's interesting the first time you visit - much less so once you realize all the same junk you searched for last week is STILL there, along with hundreds of more of the same.

I'm going to save this post and reprint it a year from now, once everyone else figure out what all the buyers already know.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  [Next Page]