Sun Apr 5 2009 12:57:43

Sellers Report Amazon Glitch Re-Prices Inventory

Sellers on Amazon.com's discussion boards are reporting that the prices of their items are fluctuating due to an apparent glitch. Some reported their items were appearing with prices significantly lower than the price the merchant set, while a few other sellers said their prices had increased.

"I had an item that was 89.99 priced down to 9.99, and the same thing with a 29.99 item and a 24.99 item. Thank goodness I caught it, I could have lost several hundred dollars!!!!"

"I have not sold any books in over a week and when I checked my listings there was a problem but instead of lowering my prices, AZ has raised mine by 50.00 to 100.00 each.  No wonder I am not selling anything!"

The original poster reported the problem early Friday morning on the Seller Soapbox thread, and said a customer service representative had recommended he put his store into "vacation" status.

There are no reports of such a glitch on Amazon's Announcement board.

Sellers Report Amazon Glitch Re-Prices Inventory   Sellers Report Amazon Glitch Re-Prices Inventory

by: ebay=penny stock

Sun Apr 5 16:36:44 2009

Oh lordy lordy don't tell me Amazon hired one of those ebay moronic programers.

by: Mitch Weiner, San Jose

Sun Apr 5 19:39:55 2009

Yup, so what's the glitch count for the past 12 months?
Amazon 1
Ebay 987???

by: Joe

Sun Apr 5 21:17:09 2009

Glitches happen rarely on Amazon, the difference is Amazon makes it right for sellers even after a sale occurs regardless the number of sales...with eBay your SOL...

by: Glad to see it

Mon Apr 6 03:39:12 2009

Amazon did us wrong years ago & will not let us back in. So screw them.

by: Et tu, Brute!

Mon Apr 6 18:26:27 2009

''On Amazon glitches happen rarely...''

I've been a 3P seller on Amazon for 4 years.  Glitches DO happen.  Inventory is regularly dropped.  Regularly.  In late November 2008 items sold were being regularly ''relisted'' to 3P seller accounts causing some minor nightmares.  Believe me, stuff DOES happen.

That being said, Amazon is a stellar place to sell.  You don't mess with the payments at all.  Period.  The sale doesn't hit your account until it's paid for.  Shipping and handling are factored for you.  Like it or lump it.  You have a fighting chance if suspended and the suspension is in error.  Amazon WILL get rid of a proven bad buyer.  The list goes on and on.  I wouldn't sell on eBay again if you paid me a high salary.

Amazon says what it means, and means what it says.

And lastly, there are people out there that will ONLY shop on Amazon.  They don't mess with places like ebay et al, AT all.

When's the last time you had a cop as a buyer on ebay?

There's a reason.  Think about it.

by: Toasted

Mon Apr 6 20:07:13 2009

I was one of those lucky Amazon Marketplace sellers whose prices were changed last week.  Many of my listings were affected, too many to count.  Prices were switched with other listings in my open inventory so some were more and some were less than they were originally listed for. I contacted Amazon as soon as I noticed it (after selling several very low priced books that were listed $40-$50 dollars less than the next lowest price). The 1st Seller support person I contacted  noted my complaint and told me that I had been scheduled to be converted to Seller Central the very morning that the price scrambling happened. For the next 3 days I called and emailed Seller Support and was given no help whatsoever until finally a seller support rep accidently admitted that she had several sellers with the same problem. I was also told 3 separate times by 3 different reps that I would be contacted by email when the problem was resolved but no one ever did. Apparently they decided it would be better if they didn't put anything in writing. In the end, several days later, I checked over all of my listings and had to reprice about 200 affected listings.  I download my inventory reports very frequently now and recommend that everyone do the same, especially if you haven't undergone the conversion to Seller Central yet. I have never had a problem with Amazon before but this has made me think seriously about other selling venues.

by: A-

Tue Apr 7 17:40:22 2009

I'm very concerned about the chargebacks and customers complaining they didn't receive the merchandise. Sellers have no recourse other than to reach in their pockets deep and pay for signature request. A-Z ? at who's expense. Not Amazon's. I'm leaving them next. Screw them is right. I got hit for $150.00 in one week from them. They are picking up a lot of ebays bottom feeders. You've been warned. That's even with Delivery Confirmation. What a perfect scam operation they have set up for the buyer that want's to screw sellers. Just say you didn't get the merchandise and you're off the hook.