Wed Apr 1 2009 22:33:09

Some eBay Sellers Get 10 Free Auction Listings

eBay is running a promotion in which certain sellers will qualify to list 10 auction-style listings between April 1 - 14, 2009, with no insertion fees. The promotion announcement page informs sellers that if they qualify, they would have received an email and a Message Center message.

It's not known how eBay selected which sellers to allow into the promotion. All other fees apply, see website for details and restrictions.

Some eBay Sellers Get 10 Free Auction Listings   Some eBay Sellers Get 10 Free Auction Listings

by: Herb's A Ebay tool

Wed Apr 1 22:42:22 2009

Do these idiots at Ebay sit there all day and try to figure out ways to cheese people off? If they wanted to do something sneaky & underhanded like this, they should have never told the rest of the sellers that get nothing free ever from greedbay.

by: o.c.d.collectibles

Wed Apr 1 22:44:27 2009

Lets see..let me guess? One must be a "new" seller with less than 10 feedback. OR they must be a power seller. It's always one of the 2, never the ones who have been around for years and sold "part time".

Ebay can bury new sellers' listings within the "mass" fixed priced listings, and the new sellers won't know the difference.Free fees for ebay for doing nothing.Guess that will add some blog talk too..

Then ebay CEO's can continue spinning their stories to the stockholders and analysts, while they get their suitcases  ready for their golden parachute ride.

by: Powerseller

Wed Apr 1 23:22:27 2009

Well, OCD, let me tell ya, I'm a silver powerseller on the bubble of losing my spot because of declining sales due to Ebay's worst match system, so I should be the perfect candidate, but I didn't get the offer. Probably sending them to all the people that are disgusted & not currently listing.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bob

Thu Apr 2 00:07:53 2009

10 free listings.  Who cares?

I got 200 free listings today.  And I'll have that many tomorrow as well, give or take.  Heck, they're all free.  And most of my products show up higher than those on eBay in Google Shopping.

In March we had 6000+ free listings.  It's fun to think about what those who are listing on eBay would pay for such a quantity.

by: Brenda

Thu Apr 2 05:32:03 2009

Let's see, that's what-$3.50?  Be still, my heart!  That doesn't even begin to pay for the time it takes to list 10 items on their new, complicated version of things.  I'd be a whole lot more impressed if they'd forego the FVFs on ten auctions, but that will never happen.

by: Karma

Thu Apr 2 07:16:06 2009

@ Powerseller

same here, after 9 years as silver I am about to lose the "status", of course NOT due to laziness but due to ebay's horrific changes....

Also I did NOT receive their offer to save $3.50....

by: Patrick Alexander

Thu Apr 2 07:33:40 2009

''Probably sending them to all the people that are disgusted & not currently listing.''

Yes, probably so. I got mine yesterday. Don't be jealous though - I deleted it...

I haven't listed anything for 15 months.

by: Brenda

Thu Apr 2 08:51:53 2009

They've sent the message to a bunch of people they didn't send the email to (me for example).  And unless you get the email, you're not eligible.  So a bunch of people know that it's going on, but that they're excluded.  How, exactly, is this good PR?  eBay must really think people enjoy being slapped around.

by: Sunny

Thu Apr 2 09:20:31 2009

Don't be too exciting. It's for AUCTION type listing ONLY which worths nothing, at least for me.

by: Claypipe

Thu Apr 2 10:13:47 2009

We havn't sold since July 08. We did get the 2% oof coupon which took a cyber jump shot into the trash bin. Never got the 10 free listings coupon but who cares. We have sold a few items on our website and keep an active listing on Bonanzle since it is free to list. I encourage anyone who has not sold on eBay for whatever reason to work on your own website. In the long run you will be glad you did. Good Luck,

www.scriptorical.com

by: kathieskorner

Thu Apr 2 11:36:53 2009

Haven't sold much on ebay recently and have not received any of the special offers which have all been very selective and restrictive.  My guess is that the offers are category specific - they are trying to increase auctions in certain areas that perhaps have the best sell through rates or generate the highest prices.

I think ebay is also selectively trying to woo certain volume buyers and sellers back with these type of offers. They have made it clear that buyers are their focus, but ebay wants to pick and choose who can sell successfully by attracting the most buyers.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ina

Thu Apr 2 11:46:25 2009

Kathieskorner: "My guess is that the offers are category specific - they are trying to increase auctions in certain areas that perhaps have the best sell through rates or generate the highest prices."

That's a good theory.

by: bite me

Thu Apr 2 11:55:23 2009

I got the 10 free listings. Maybe me 3 4.9s and my 5.0 had something to do with it.

by: Karma

Thu Apr 2 12:11:24 2009

@ bite me

Don't think so....

I got, 4.9, 5, 4.9, 4.9.....

by: Patricia

Thu Apr 2 13:06:22 2009

From the few I heard who got the free listings most seem to be sellers who list very little or who haven't listed in awhile.

I didn't get that offer but did get the Ebay bucks offer and its really silly.  2 percent of small sales is really nothing at all - a penny here and a penny there.  Unless you're going to purchase something really expensive this program means almost nothing!

by: Kal

Thu Apr 2 13:40:13 2009

They didn't send me any offer for 10 free listings.

They did however send me an offer to receive 2% eBay Sucks cash back on stuff I buy. On stuff I buy. That's funny.

by: Lisa

Thu Apr 2 15:27:55 2009

Nope, no discrimination here.  Way to alienate sellers eBay!  "Some sellers will get free listings" and the rest of you swine pay regular.  Bite me eBay.

by: ebay=pennystock

Thu Apr 2 15:45:23 2009

Me neither but of course everything they send to me is immediately deleted, doesn't even stop in the junk mail first.

Offer has to be a late April fools joke.

by: Powerseller

Thu Apr 2 15:46:34 2009

Bite me is not a seller, he's an Ebay/liveworld stooge & liar. And FYI, I have all 4.9s except shipping handling(which I have NO control over) which is 4.7. And yeah, I'm spending lots more time listing FREE on Ecrater, over 500+ items there and daily sales, and Bonanzle for only $1, so Greedbay can keep their lousy coupon & I'll save 20+% in fees!

by: John

Thu Apr 2 15:52:18 2009

We received one of those emails. Don't think it has anything to do with DSR's. Rather I think it's tragetted to sellers like us who never use auction format listings (or hardly ever). We even received a follow up call --- but they are wasting their time. FYI ebay auction prices are extremely weak and we rarely if ever use them... even if they are free.

1 2 3  [Next Page]