Sat Jan 10 2009 17:31:31

AuctionBytes Appears on ColderICE and StartUpNation Podcasts

This week I had the opportunity to participate in two podcasts - ColderICE and StartupNation. I met John Lawson of 3rdPowerOutlet a few years ago at ChannelAdvisor's Marathon conference and periodically talk to John about his site and the ecommerce industry. He's doing a series of podcast interviews with people in ecommerce, and I had a great time chatting with John about how things have changed for AuctionBytes over the years.

Rich Sloan's "Tips for Entrepreneurs" podcast is very focused on helping small businesses succeed, and it was interesting to talk to Rich about the trends at eBay and ecommerce, how things changed in 2008, and what's ahead.

And be sure to add the ColderICE and StartUpNation RSS feeds to your feed reader to be alerted of new shows as they are posted.

AuctionBytes Appears on ColderICE and StartUpNation Podcasts   AuctionBytes Appears on ColderICE and StartUpNation Podcasts

by: o.c.d.collectibles

Sat Jan 10 23:50:49 2009

Congrats on the PR!! Very Nice!!!

by: What

Mon Jan 12 08:42:53 2009

And this is important for what reason.

SLOW NEWS DAY

by: John

Mon Jan 12 10:17:19 2009

@what....From Desiderata:...Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.....I think Ina & David have done well and deserve to celebrate...Congratulations to AuctionBytes.

by: LuvAuctionbytes

Mon Jan 12 10:35:08 2009

It was a great interview. It was interesting to hear how Ina and David started Auctionbytes and all the changes in e-commerce that have taken place.

You can always learn something new.

by: Steve

Mon Jan 12 16:17:20 2009

I enjoyed listening to your interviews Ina. Its always interesting and informative to hear your thoughts and opinions. I'd like to hear David interviewed sometime too.

Steve

by: Robert

Fri Jan 16 13:35:57 2009

I'm shocked colderice is actually respected in the blogging world. One look at his ebay store (3rd power outlet) and it's so blatantly obvious that so many of the things he sells violate trademark laws....The guy sell tons of non licensed merchandise from anything from fake MLB, Fake MFL, Fake Harley Davidson, non licensed Obama stuff and the list goes on and one.

If the dude wasnt a high volume channel advisor seller, the dude would have been booted off ebay like so many other trademark violator have.

Oh....As of Jan 15th, Ebay implemented the "NO PAPER PAYMENT" policy....I see John aka colderice hasnt made that change in any of his listings yet....I guess high volume channel advisor sellers must be exempt from adhering to ebay's policies.

by: little old me

Tue Jan 20 08:36:17 2009

After watching this person's video, looking at his products, pages and taking it all in, it only reinforces the notion that ebay is the wrong side of the tracks, ghetto of the internet, and the counterfeit capital of the world.
A place you do not really want to go.

I really wonder why HD has not pulled a VERO on him yet?

by: Robert

Tue Jan 20 09:30:26 2009

little old me said "I really wonder why HD has not pulled a VERO on him yet?".

I'm assuming you meant Harley Davidson.
I've wondered the same thing about the non genuine/non licenced MLB, NFL and Obama stuff he sells. The yankees necklace, all the NFL stuff are not licensed products....and I suspect that it's illegal to capialize on all that non licensed OBAMA stuff as well. Being a licensed retailer, I know for certain some merchandise he sells is not authentic. Although he and ebay would deny it.....I suspect because he's a high seller through channel advisor (ebay heavily favors channel advisor sellers) that ebay would turn a blinds eye to the counterfeits unless the trademark owners themselves pressured ebay.

Ironically, it's my understanding the guy is actually an officially ebay instructor that teaches newbies how to sell on ebay. That's the rumor I've heard from several people....and he does claim to be both an ecommmerce expert and ebay wizard.

Hard to respect anyone that resorts to selling counterfeits...no matter how trivial it may seem to others.