Tue May 27 2008 23:40:26

eBay's ProStores Has Outage Tuesday

Some sellers reported that eBay's store-hosting service was down and they were unable to access their accounts. A forum thread started on the eBay Seller Central discussion board began around 9 pm Eastern today (Tuesday).

I was unable to access their sites or to get to ProStores.com. No message on the eBay Systems Board yet (11:30 pm Eastern), if you want to check yourself, here's the link.

I just received an email from a ProStores seller unable to get to his store or ProStores.com who said, "I tried calling the tech phone number, which is up 24/7 and it rings but no one answers. There is not even an answering machine. I have no idea what has happened."

Good luck, ProStores merchants!

by: Max

Wed May 28 00:09:32 2008

My website hosted with prostores.com is down.  (Server Not Found)
ProStores.com is down (404)
my.prostores.com is down (404)
No one is answering the phone at prostores.com's 24/7 support line.
And ofcourse anyemail@prostores.com doesn't work.

Are they going out of business????!!!!

by: Michael

Wed May 28 00:12:37 2008

Were still down going on 4 hours.  No email, store front, administration or anything else.  Even Prostores.com is gonzo and the tech support phone just rings endlessly.

by: david

Wed May 28 00:33:34 2008

error message: Firefox can't find the server at store02.prostores.com.

by: Mike

Wed May 28 00:34:14 2008

Same here. Our store has been down for hours. We have our picture hosting at godaddy.com. They were down for some time today as well. Also having issues with comcast.net (personal email) as well.

by: tj

Wed May 28 00:41:47 2008

They are so good at implementing change that the basic running of the sites get left behind. Both eBay & Paypal are so full of glitches it's a wonder anything gets bought or paid for…..quite pathetic with the money that is made

by: Bob The Bug Man

Wed May 28 00:54:24 2008

My store has been down for going on 5 hours. I had to turn off my PPC advertising. i lost 96.00 in useless clicks!!! How about a email or something?? Unreal!!  A billion dollar company yet!!

by: VAF

Wed May 28 01:10:50 2008

How annoying. One of the reasons I am with prostores is because I thought they would not have problems like this!!!

by: Tim

Wed May 28 01:43:15 2008

VAF: You thought this wouldn't happen? eBay owns them - expect glitches, lies, bad service and more.

by: Stephanie

Wed May 28 01:47:30 2008

My site's down too--for at least 6 hours.  Are they going to reimburse me for lost sales?  I highly doubt it.  I could be losing anywhere from $50 to $300 tonight because of them.  i call support and no one answers.  It's so frustrating!!!

by: Troy

Wed May 28 02:13:43 2008

I've experienced a handfull of "down server" events in the 2 years that Ive used Prostores. They were usually less than a couple of hours. I understand that servers can crash; but what is the deal with the 800 number.....that has nothing to do with the server. wha are they hiding.

by: Max

Wed May 28 02:30:18 2008

Exactly what I'm thinking.
Why are they hiding???????

by: Troy

Wed May 28 03:15:35 2008

Well you can get to the Prostores.com homepage now but still can't log in and my store front won't come up either.

by: Max

Wed May 28 05:03:39 2008

Finally.
Everything is online again for my account.
I really wonder why these big companies don't have a better backup system for emergencies.

by: Donny

Wed May 28 07:14:26 2008

Wednesday Morning, 7:12AM EDT, Still down... Losing all kinds of money.  We've only had the store up for 2 months and now this?

What other packages integrate with all the shopping engines???  We can't afford this.

Thanks all.  -Don

by: beachy

Wed May 28 07:35:42 2008

Prostores owners should be advised that when I tried to access Prostores last nite I noticed there was a REDIRECT code in the url.

Then Prostores homepage proceeded to try to load something from admedia.com and whatever it was failed.

This tells me it won't be long before Prostores has as much advertising as ebay.  Time to bail out.

by: disgruntled ebayer

Wed May 28 13:12:56 2008

YES. They are going out of business. CLOSED all your stores and accounts withn them pronto.

by: Ben

Wed May 28 17:25:36 2008

Not sure what's going on with Prostores.com, but I know they have good resellers.  I would hook up with one of those copmanies.  I'm at neoverve and have been very happy.

by: Frustrated ProStores Customer

Wed May 28 17:29:07 2008

ProStores just went down again.  (Weds. 5/28)  All sites, all servers.  Call center appears to be offline again as well.

This is pathetic.  My store will be moving as soon as possible.

by: dimes

Wed May 28 17:55:48 2008

Did you see what was posted on the prostores board earlier today?

“One of the third party vendors that ProStores contracts with for data needs had an issue with their fire suppression system that affected all ProStores merchants' stores as well as our tech support phone lines. We've identified and resolved the problem and are taking steps to ensure that it doesn't happen in the future.”

I’m not sure when in eBay time “the future” starts, but the site is down again now.   The good news is that eBay promises to refund you in July for all of your transaction fees in May.

“As compensation for this inconvenience, we will be crediting your ProStores Successful Transaction Fees for the entire month of May. Your June invoice will be for the full amount, but you should see your May STF credit by July 7th.”

Good luck with that.

by: Ridiculous

Wed May 28 18:23:52 2008

Looks like they don't even know what's going on...

0&start=120