Mon Apr 21 2008 21:02:32

eBay 10-Cent Promo - for PowerSellers Only

eBay is running a 1-day, 10-cent listing promotion for PowerSellers only for auction and fixed-price listings on Tuesday, April 22.  Interesting that this promo is sponsored by Monster.com.

See site for details!

eBay 10-Cent Promo - for PowerSellers Only   eBay 10-Cent Promo - for PowerSellers Only

by: Kal

Mon Apr 21 23:58:49 2008

Gee, how nice of them to think of us little sellers with 100% positive feedback, years of selling, perfect DSR's. Thank you ebaY... FOR NOTHING.

by: Daniel

Tue Apr 22 00:49:26 2008

Sponsored by Monster.
What the heck does that mean??
It can't be good.

by: shyney

Tue Apr 22 01:00:47 2008

10 cent auction listings are worthless-the auction format is dead, unless you have a one-of-a-kind item and several people interested in that-and that they are even online this week! Don't forget the tax season is NOT over till the 1st-I suggest running some fixed priced items-maybe 10-40 of them-no auctions-this has worked ih the past for me, on these "sale" days...good luck-

by: WHN

Tue Apr 22 01:10:28 2008

GOOGLE AUCTIONS WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

by: LapisLee

Tue Apr 22 01:12:33 2008

Thanks for warning me. I had thought this might help struggling ebay store owners with only a few hundred items and 99% feedback, but I see that, once again, eBay only cares about customers and Power Sellers. I can't wait to finish eliminating my eBay inventory and move elsewhere. Monoplies never last forever.

by: Henrietta

Tue Apr 22 03:41:39 2008

Yawn
*************
www.200westmain.com
Etsy.com
Loudfrog.c
om
eCrater.com
iOffer.com

Doing
very nicely thank you, no stress, BP within normal range. Low to No insertion fees, Low to No FVF, Google Checkout, life is SWEET

by: Henrietta

Tue Apr 22 03:45:54 2008

Hi Kal!

Getting to you a bit this week?

Simple solution, come on over to the sunny side of the street. Its better than pretending to be a lamp post and gettin p'd on.

by: KMA EBAY

Tue Apr 22 06:53:43 2008

Sorry Powersellers, you won't be getting any of my money in the next 7 days.

I will do my own personal boycott!

KMA EBAY!!!!

Best Match will be so crammed, I won't bother to shop Ebay. You can't find what your looking for anyway when using Best Match.

I will be buying on Ecrater and IOffer as long as these sellers are not Power Sellers on Ebay.

By the way! I will do some leveling on the Playing Field myself. Any Powersellers that I find on Ecrater that uses Ebay's 'About Me' page as a link to Ecrater ... will be reported to Ebay.

by: Laura

Tue Apr 22 07:37:12 2008

I can't wait until a strong competitor moves in. eBay management - you are making some BIG mistakes - hope it affects your pocketbook as much as it has mine.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bob

Tue Apr 22 09:20:28 2008

Hi:
I don't understand this whining and dumping on PowerSellers.
I've been selling almost 3 years. I'm not a PowerSeller, but I'm trying to be one.  To me this is just another incentive to become a PowerSeller.  Another good reason to try to reach that level of sales.  Why do I want to become a PowerSeller.  Simple, it means I'm selling more, If I sell more I make more money.  That's my goal, that's why I sell On-Line.
I have 100% Positive FB, and a Store, and over 450 Feedbacks and many repeat sales. My DSR's 4.8, 4.8, 4.8, 4.7
Still not a Powerseller.

by: RAY BRZOZOWSKI

Tue Apr 22 09:21:28 2008

wow. maybe there can be a 10 cent promo for e-bay sellers with 6 fingers or 6 toes . the hell with everone else !

by: Colette

Tue Apr 22 09:29:04 2008

I agree with Bob.  Knock off ragging on Powersellers.  Yes, I am one.  Have been the last 3 of 4 years I've been selling.  NO I am not a Big One.  I work very hard to sell $1500 - $2000 a month.  And this is my only income.  So I don't work hard TO BE a Powerseller, I WORK HARD TO PAY THE BILLS!  And my DSR's are 4.8, 4.8, 4.9 and 5.0.   Something else I strive to keep up.  So quit complaining and work harder.  It's obvious that your jealously is what has you spouting off nastiness about us.  Quit complaining, put in more hours and you can be one. It's not that difficult.

by: greta

Tue Apr 22 09:41:18 2008

~ JOIN THE WORLD WIDE eBay BOYCOTT ~ BE INFORMED ~

Find your State or International Location folder and join us.  Former employees are welcome too!

A place to organize.
A place to unite.
A place to focus.
United we stand, Divided we fall.

om/watch?v=Zs3o3Ed3Rog

Boycott
Victoriously … While Making Noise!
Evacuate by May 1, 2008!

Please support Australia's protest and  sign the petition:

by: eileen

Tue Apr 22 10:01:08 2008

started at e-bay in 1999. are there other auction  sites with better deals out there that someone can direct us to.with e-bay costs and pay-pal costs it's tough to make a profit. any ideas?

by: steve

Tue Apr 22 10:27:25 2008

Hey KMA eBay, why are you blaming the powersellers for this?  The powersellers didn't make this decision, eBay did.  Powersellers are having the same challenges that you are, so why not direct your anger where it belongs--at eBay management.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ed Gadfly

Tue Apr 22 10:48:44 2008

Power Sellers are supported by the small sellers. They get discounts, privileges and benefits that create an UNLEVEL  playing field that is not fair.

In June you'll be kicked out of the Power Seller program when any of your DSRs get below 4.5.

Come and cry to us then.

''Ohhh, you should just work HARDER.''

Ha ha ha hahahaha!

Ed Gadfly

by: Kal

Tue Apr 22 10:52:06 2008

@Henrietta...

''Kal, Getting to you a bit this week?''

Yes, you could say that. It's the audacity of the ''class'' system being created here. Sure, if I were a powerseller it would mean I would be making a lot more money, but I don't, I'm a small seller, maybe $500 a month. I sell OK, make that extra cask OK, it's just this ''Powersellers'' attitude ebaY has recently taken on.

I was a powerseller for about 5 years myself, I've been ''non-powerseller'' for about 4 years. I was glad to be rid of it because I felt like a ''ebaY slave'' trying to keep that status, and for what? Back then it meant nothing, and got you nothing. As far as I'm concerned it still means nothing. You worked your butt off to ''keep those numbers'' and avoid those ''sorry you're about to loose your powerseller status'' letters. I'm just annoyed at the oh so obvious class system that's being created.

For your information Henrietta, I have tried selling on other venues. ZERO SALES. ZERO TRAFFIC (zero counter values). So it's really a waste of my time to keep trying them and splitting my limited time - I do have a day job you know. I just have to put up with it.

by: Mindi

Tue Apr 22 11:06:28 2008

Facts:
EBAY is getting hit by Wall Street. It needs to increase its numbers. Sellers are leaving, particularly the Sellers who have a large number of items.

FIND A SOLUTION: PS have more items than other small sellers. PS are usually automated in some way so it is easy for them to list inventory. PS have stores which house many items.
Therefore: Give PS a Break in Pricing and make the PS feel like an elite group. So,they will ''Dump'' all their listings for .10 in core.

RESULT: Numbers increase Dramatically.
PS now have a warm fuzzy feeling that EBAY cares. Maybe this will make some small sellers want to become PS for the ''Preferred'' Treatment. Those who have a large Inventory will now think twice (perhaps) before opening their own website or changing venues. i.e., EBAY cares!

And Donahue gets his new Business Model which elimates older, one of a kind and ''Flea'' market items while selling new, and in some cases drop ship items.

Hello New EBAY!!

by: Patricia

Tue Apr 22 12:15:00 2008

Well, this made my mind up for me.  I'll be boycotting May 1 and from here on out I will not be buying on ebay unless and until their treatment of small sellers improves.  I'm also letting all MY buyers know this and I hope other small sellers who read this do the same thing.

by: Colette

Tue Apr 22 12:17:43 2008

To Ed Gadfly and other PS Bashers:

You know... Bottom Line: It all boils down to common sense.

The more hours you put into your work, the more you list, the more you will sell.
If I do nothing but let items sit in my store, I can make $500 a month.  IF I put in 8 - 12 hours a day I can make $1500 - $2500 a month.  Imagine that.  Hard work... it pays off.
As for your Demise of our DSR's... it's simply your wishful thinking.
Again, common sense.  A total NO brainer.

Keep your S&H Fair.  NO Dings.

Ship no later than 24 hours after purchase.  NO Dings.

Email soon after they purchase and email again when you ship.  NO Dings.

Always describe your item as honestly as possible.  Don't embellish simply to try and make a sale.  NO Dings.

So you see... a SMART Powerseller will always keep their DSR's high and get their discount.
I saved over $50.00 on Fees for March.  And I will continue to get my 15% off....  DUE TO MY HARD WORK AND DEDICATION.

And with that ..... I'm off to WORK.  To post as many Auctions/Buy It Nows as I can and save ALOT of money.  ;)

1 2 3  [Next Page]