Wed Dec 17 2008 12:55:44

Neutrals as Negs in eBay Stores Newsletters

A seller reports that when eBay Store owners send email newsletters to customers, the feedback displayed in the newsletter shows incorrect feedback. He believes the feedback number that appears on Store newsletters use neutrals as negatives when calculating feedback. He said he's been told that it's a glitch, and eBay will look into fixing it.

A thread on the eBay Stores board also discusses the problem.

Neutrals as Negs in eBay Stores Newsletters   Neutrals as Negs in eBay Stores Newsletters

by: Qwerty

Wed Dec 17 14:26:09 2008

Another glitch that disadvantages the seller. Surprised?

by: Giovannu

Wed Dec 17 15:32:09 2008

Neutrals are negs for SNP...don't you sellers know that? There is no glitch....you people just haven't raised any issue with it because you aren't aware of it. A 100% rating does you no good if you have a 5% dissatifaction rating because of neutrals and are suspended forever.

by: ss

Wed Dec 17 16:23:21 2008

Too Funny. Can't believe people are still trying to sell on Ebay. They are like a whipped dog, they keep coming back for more. Never learn.

by: Grab shake repeat

Wed Dec 17 18:23:32 2008

When importing your FB to Bonanzle, don't forget to make sure it's correct!
Some people are seeing negs included in their Bonanzle FB that don't exist on their Ebay account.
Weird or.....?

Oh well, as long as you are moving your stuff somewhere, ANYWHERE, other than Ebay!

by: TheBrewsNews

Wed Dec 17 19:03:09 2008

I reported this problem back in October ( see http://thebrewsnews.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/ebay-neutral-are-still-ne
gatives-for-markdown-manager-email-notifications
) and at the time my TSAM stated that it was probably not going to be corrected as there were many other more important issues eBay was working on.  I wouldn't look for a fix anytime soon.

by: Loops

Wed Dec 17 20:56:11 2008

When 100% of Ebay's glitches affect sellers negatively and eBay profitably, then it's not a glitch. It's criminal conduct and it should be investigated.

How much of Ebays bottom line is padded by glitches, shadiness, poor customer service? Ebay is conveniently blind to everything. Their criminal conduct should have been audited a long time ago.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bob

Thu Dec 18 16:24:38 2008

Who cares ? I am surprised that so many sellers still have an ebay store. You can get the same service for free at so many other places. Wake up !

by: SG

Thu Dec 18 23:55:55 2008

This bug has been around for many months.  We've complained about it repeatedly.  The result has been no action.

by: x-ebay

Fri Dec 19 11:32:14 2008

What do you expect when the layoffs, that John D said was to bring about ''efficiency'', did nothing but get rid of people who could do their job while keeping the people who fail constantly.  Not to mention that no one in the IDC were let go yet these people are completely disconnected with their SJ counterparts.  You get what you pay for.

by: buffythevampireslayer

Fri Dec 19 23:22:09 2008

Oh, ye ebay bashers - how many would blame the weather on ebay if they thought they could get away with it? I like ebay. John D is doing a great job and let's face it guys - he has a big fat mess to clean up after the Meg W debacle. How many of her ventures succeeded? For the first time in a long time, I am getting real answers to real problems, my business is growing, I have happy clients and get this: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE. Let the bashing begin.

by: Ileftmywalletinsanjose

Sat Dec 20 00:28:40 2008

@buffythevampireslayer

The silence to your comments shows people are not even interested in cheerleaders....one day you will understand but by then you will have paid so much in fee's for  so little profit you will wounder what went wrong with your fantastic eBay pipers (as he who pays the piper)

by: Mark

Sat Dec 20 13:07:02 2008

Knock EBay all you want, when it comes to finding unique or uncommon items it is unparalleled. The other auction websites I have looked at have next-to-nothing for sale. You want EBay to change? Make a competitor that is a real threat to them for cost, customer service and goods available. I have not looked into the cost of selling on other stores but I can guarantee, NONE of them have the sheer volume of produce EBay does, not by a long shot. I can find more camera equipment alone (as an example) than ALL items in all categories listed on any single other online auction. If you are not selling what people want, they will go to who is, and right now, that is EBay.

by: snot

Sat Dec 20 20:38:23 2008

when are you people going to GET IT?  goofbay doesn't want you or your 10 cent piece of junk!  they wanna be another 'amazon' (lol - what are the chances?)... LEAVE people, they absolutely don't want you - and for those of you that keep hoping that they'll change - FORGET ABOUT IT! MOVE ON to the likes of Bonanzle, eCrater, Buyitsellit, anywhere other than goofbay and Atomic Mall (that owner is a bipolar loon!)...when doing searches this holiday season on Google, I always searched for whatever with a "-ebay" - there was absolutely NO WAY i was going to beed donaHO or his crumb munching idiots with a sale...yup -ebay is my friend and is nothing else, I contacted the seller to ask if I could buy and invoice me directly (thus screwing Goofbay outta the FVF)...remarkably, everyone went along with it...yeah, GoofBay is done - might as well stick that fork in it -

by: snot

Sat Dec 20 20:38:34 2008

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Sat Dec 20 21:16:47 2008

I see The Ho's parents are posting here again.

Thanks fo reminding me that

1. The Ho's doing a great job.
2. Ebay is good.
3. Selling on ebay is highly profitable.
4. There's no place like ebay (click your red shoes now).

I keep forgetting all this so I'm always so grateful to be reminded.

by: kitty

Mon Dec 22 09:42:52 2008

@ mark and buffy

If eBay is so great, why can I no longer find all my favorite yarn sellers?  All that's left in the below $20 range per hank is 4 sellers in Mongolia China.  Will eBay and PayPal protect me if they turn out to be fraudulent?
If this is the future of shopping on eBay, I say no way.