PayPal said the majority of pending payments have been released to sellers affected by the eCheck glitch. Remaining sellers should be taken care of in next few days. And PayPal said that eBay would remove negative and neutral feedback ratings (including low DSRs) on transactions affected by the issue. I'm in the process of writing up my interview with Michael Oldenburg, who briefed me on the news, look for details in tomorrow's Newsflash. For people still affected and unable to print shipping labels, he sent me step-by-step instructions:
You can manually create single or multiple domestic shipping labels with no related PayPal or eBay transaction. Here's how:
1. Log in to your account at PayPal.
2. On the Account Overview page, click the "PayPal MultiOrder Shipping" link. The MultiOrder Shipping page opens in a new window. You can also access MultiOrder Shipping by clicking the "Auction Tools" tab and then the "PayPal MultiOrder Shipping" link.
3. Click "File" in the top toolbar and a drop-down menu appears.
4. Select "Create New Orders" from the drop-down menu.
5. A new pop-up window opens. Click "Expand All."
6. Fill in all information needed.
7. Click "Create Another" to create more labels.
8. Once all labels are created, click "Save and Close."
9. Review your order.
10. Once you confirm everything is correct, click "Print."
11. On the Print Preview page, confirm the details including label costs, grand total, printer selection, mailing date, and the number of labels to print.
12. Once you confirm everything is correct, click the "Pay & Print" icon on the Print Preview page.
13. After clicking Pay and Print, your PayPal account is charged as a single transaction and can be viewed in your History Log.
14. A sample label appears in a pop-up window once the tracking numbers are obtained. Click the "Print Label" button within the pop-up window.
15. Confirm that your label(s) has printed successfully. You can initiate a reprint if needed by following the steps provided during printing. Note: Labels can be reprinted only within 24 hours of generating the label.
To print a SCAN form: If you're using a plain paper printer, click the Print SCAN form button. If your label printer is set up, click Select Target Printer to enable your paper printer to print the SCAN form. A label printer cannot be used to print a SCAN form.
Please Note: Once your SCAN form has been scanned by USPS, your unused shipping labels are no longer eligible for refunds.