Wed Jan 30 2008 12:59:36

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

An eBay PowerSeller reports that eBay is no longer merging User IDs. "I expect more people to want to merge accounts to get to Powerseller now, if they've been using 2+ accounts for selling (as I do)."

Here's part of the letter she received from Customer Support:

We are only taking request for a merge via email and can only submit merges where all requirements have been met. This requirement means that both accounts would have been inactive from listing or bidding within the last 60 days. After reviewing your accounts, I found you had current activity on both of them. Unfortunately, eBay will no longer accept account merge requests beginning the week of January 21st. Since your account will be unable to meet this requirement by that date, we will be unable to approve your account merge request. I'm sorry that your accounts cannot be merged. It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Anybody else bumping into this roadblock?

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Dave

Wed Jan 30 13:29:12 2008

When I went to the help page and click on Accounts-Combining 2 Accounts, it brings me to the eBay Homepage. Same thing happens if I type Merge Accounts into the search engine on the help page.

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Another Wronged Seller

Wed Jan 30 14:42:25 2008

It didn't take a genius to see this one coming. With the discounts now being offered powersellers in the new fee structure, ebay is going to try to impede sellers from getting the discounts.

The discounts look good on paper and in the media, but they are probably going to fight tooth and nail to not give out the discounts.

If the discount is truly to reward good customer service practices by low negs and good DSR's, WHY only the power sellers?

Don't small volume sellers deserve the same discount for good business practices?

Ebay- Pushing smoke and mirrors to new lows!!!

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Lisa

Wed Jan 30 19:00:47 2008

I'm shocked!  January 21 was the first day I was able to merge my accounts due to activity on one of them. eBay pushed it through in 2 days instead of the two weeks or more they said it could take.  Was that really the last day to put in for a merge?  I had no idea.  I'm glad I didn't wait but I never saw any announcement about it.

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Fruity

Wed Jan 30 22:01:02 2008

Ebays doing everything they can to get us on fresh IDs because those require paypal.

so of course they'll do that. In fact they'll probably get a few ebay employees just attach themselves to us geriatric sellers to snuff us out

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Jan 30 22:56:38 2008

Ebay is simply making it abundantly clear who's in charge.

They don't give a whit about customer service because they don't give a whit about their customers, SELLERS.

Ebay has never cared whether any individual seller succeeds or fails because one of their key tenets is that sellers are like buses -- they'll always be another one along in a few minutes. Their other key tenet is the P.T. Barnum homily about suckers.

Sellers have the power to make Donna Hoe's tenure as ebay CEO last about five minutes!

Finally, understand this: EBAY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU. They don't care whether you're losing your home, whether your ebay business is the sole support of your family, whether your ebay business finances the medications you take to stay alive, or whether you have a sick child.

THE ONLY THING EBAY CARES ABOUT IS TAKING YOUR MONEY -- AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE, AND BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Jill Daniel

Thu Jan 31 08:23:44 2008

I applaud your message, Ming the Merciless.  You have it...  EXACTLY RIGHT.

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

This user has validated their user name. by: Bob

Thu Jan 31 09:32:31 2008

Good point by ''Another Wronged Seller'' why not discounts to all ''good sellers'' why just PowerSellers?

RE: this story ''Amazon.com Announces Fourth Quarter Sales up 42% ''
I wonder how much of this is due to eBay PowerSellers and others moving over to Amazon ????
HHmmmmm

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Beth

Wed Feb 6 04:21:11 2008

Wow - I had not read or heard about this any where else, including on the eBay site!

So, no more ID mergers, eh?  Just when I was thinking of combining my buying/selling ID's!  LOL!

What I would wonder, is why sellers would prefer 2 or 3 selling accounts intead of one big one in the first place, if they were hoping for power seller benefits...

but either way, the changes will not affect me this time.  I closed my eBay store a long time ago.

eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs   eBay PowerSeller Foiled in Merging IDs

by: Amir

Mon May 26 05:45:29 2008

The option to email ebay to request merging of two accounts is no longer available. There is no way to merge accounts now. I just spoke with an ebay rep on live help two minutes ago.

www.auguststudiosonline.com