Wed July 25 2007 21:05:36

Class Action Lawsuit Re eBay Auction Duration

I've again gotten several readers asking me for information about joining the latest class-action lawsuit against eBay. Please consider this information, not advice.

Connor & Bishop
415-434-3006

You can read a related, previous blog post, "Two Antitrust Lawsuits Against eBay," here.

Class Action Lawsuit Re eBay Auction Duration   Class Action Lawsuit Re eBay Auction Duration

by: Quin

Fri Jul 27 11:14:57 2007

Interesting....especially the eBay Government Regulations Site.

2 Years ago, the State of Ohio Department of Agriculture intiated a process that would make anyone who sold online in a venue such as eBay have to be liscense and bonded thru their office as an auctioneer.

A person would have to had gone to the school, take the test, yada yada yada.

Needless to say, that fizzled out as the auctioneers and the few eBay sellers that were aware of it became enraged---of course this was all done under the most corrupt Governor of the state's history---Governor Taft, the convicted felon. But that is every interesting and I think everyone should be alert to what is required in their state.

by: Quin

Fri Jul 27 11:16:32 2007

And I need to start proofing my posts if I'm going to post on one cup of coffee! ;)

by: Sandy

Fri Jul 27 20:07:13 2007

The surprise was not that Ebay was sued. My surprise was that it had not occurred sooner. It's long overdue and Ebay needs to be held accountable. Ebay has appropriated money that should have been earmarked for site maintainence and computer hardware acquisition to maintain the dot com site stability. Instead Ebay purchased Skype and a host of other inconsequential companies that have siphoned off funds and management attention from the site. Sellers have been shorted and the suit is long overdue. Sad thing is Ebay will probably raise my fees to pay for the settlement. I have no doubt they will need to settle this one out of court.

by: V

Thu Aug 2 09:48:13 2007

I feel I have to add a comment here. First, I know very well that eBay is no saint. That said, I have to commend them for trying to control the number of counterfeit items on the site. If a buyer purchases or wins a pricey item just to find out it's a fake, it looks bad on all of us Sellers. We want eBay to keep counterfeits out of the site. It's a huge site with millions of items. I understand in some instances it takes a while, but the item shows on the top of the search results anyway. We can't have it both ways and they are trying to improve. I sell designer handbags and I am also a designer and sell my own jewelry line. I prefer to have a listing delayed and compete with other legitimate sellers than to have it show up immediately and have to compete with counterfeit junk that sells for peanuts by the hundreds. It's a choice. In the end the time of the wait is offset by the protection this process offers. The fact that the listing appears at the top of the search result when it becomes visible indicates that eBay is aware of the problem and is working to improve the situation.
Furthermore, if this Plaintiff wins we'll all have to get licensed as auctioneers. It is a long and costly process. Will we have to get licenses in all 50 States? Honestly, I don't understand what benefit this lawsuit can bring. Please read the claim before you jump in. You could be shooting yourself in the foot and all other eBay Sellers too.

by: nanna

Fri Aug 10 13:54:25 2007

S O M E B O D Y .  .  .  PPPLLEEAASSEE give me a number and let me g i t in line!!!  After  2 weeks of "unsuccessfully communicating with e-bay support, we've DISCOVERED  the Perils of the registered "policyholder"  VS.  the Protection  of the un-registered  Perpetrator!!!   And might we add that went on selling  UN-NOTICED  until we came along!   We have logged every conversation  and printed information that is no longer offered on screen that will blow your SOCKS OFF!!! Here's a small bite of what we have . . . we were allowed to make a purchase with a seller that had (as far as e-bay was concerned) an authorized members I.D.  Then  after speaking to a rep. that actually understood English,  we got someone's attention.  Being swallowed up by a Phish was BAD ENOUGH!(the 1st breach of the e-bay policy)   T h e n, (and by this time e-bay had posted a sign on this sellers MEMBER I.D.------NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER!!!)I was signing in as usuall and something Very Un-usuall happened!!! . . . My password had  all  of  a  sudden  become  INVALID  INFO!!!     yOU WANT DETAILS  ...  I GOT UM!  but, BOTTOM line  How can a registered members password be  considered null and void   and  the UN-REGISTERED go UN-NOTICED.  We did every transaction as e-bay instructed, yet at that very moment I was considered by e-bay INVALID.  Up until the time of discovering and repeatedly reporting this so-called authorized user, we had been registed members for five years with ONE  and  ONLY ONE password ! E-bays  consumers that have consistently gone by the rules are being weasled out of small fortunes . . . wonder if it has anything to do with the percentage e-bay makes on sales from those "registered" sellers  V.S. the "registered"  member reporting them!!!   It's something  to chew  on!   G i m m i e   a  number,  I,m  a hardworking Baby-Boomer that wants     E-bay  to be accountable for what they are allowing to happen!!!

by: Lula 61

Sat Sep 29 16:48:41 2007

I am anxious to be a part of this class action. I've been burned really badly by EBAY. How do I join???

by: HM

Mon Oct 1 15:34:40 2007

Ebay suspended me 14 days for withdrawing a bid. Some people have 10,000 negative feedbacks and don't get suspended. I complained, they raised it to 12 months. Iwrote the President of the company, it was raised to indefinity. I asked them to close the account They won't. Those alerts showing the suspension has my business email on them. Search engines find my ebay suspension and it's hurting and slandering my business over their suspension policies that on the 9th Circuit Court  of appeals could understand. This is slander and I wish some attorney would take this case. It has enourmous merit and ebay is slandering 100,000's of thousand of people with their policy of not closing suspended accounts and keeping peoples email addresses which links to search engines on their site. This is slander and unjustified.

by: oq

Wed Dec 5 14:39:51 2007

If you folks want to join a Class A lawsuit against E-bay , here is the info- (http://www.hbsslaw.com/frontend)

by: sharkmark

Tue Dec 11 14:03:59 2007

I bid and purchased a fraudulent item that was listed on eBay AND eBay sent me confirmations of my bid! Obviously I was ripped off and eBay told me that it was not their problem. I asked ebay about the listing because this person who listed the item was a legitimate member, eBay will not respond. EBay is listing fraudulent items to be bid on, AND sending e-mails out confirming those bids.  Thousands of people are being ripped off because of eBay and they will take no responsibility for their actions.  They allow their site to be spoofed and do nothing about it's security.  They are negligent in their actions of allowing fraudulent items and fraudulent members to be listed.  Yes, they need to be brought down and held accountable for their site.

by: whatagoodeal

Sun Jun 1 23:05:39 2008

I wish to be included in the class action lawsuit against Ebay concerning not posting adds immediately when they are entered instead sometimes it's a 24 hour wait before listings are shown. I pay for 7 days I want 7 days of viewing. I also want to be included in the class action lawsuit concerning ebay FORCING me to use PayPal a company they own on all my auctions.