Wed May 9 2007 11:05:42

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

How do you round $1.00 to $0.99? An eBay seller said eBay shorted her a penny on a Final Value Fee credit. According to her, an eBay representative called it a "rounding error" and offered to credit her the penny.

Two sellers had filed a class-action lawsuit in 2004 against eBay over the company's billing practices. In addition to alleging that a glitch caused eBay to double-bill customers, the lawsuit claimed eBay "improperly rounds up the charges on its customers' invoices; for example, if a customer owed $30.78, eBay would round up the amount owed to $30.80." The parties settled the lawsuit on an individual basis (not as a class action) in 2006.

I suspect most sellers are too busy to go looking for billing snafus. Wouldn't it be great to have a software program that could check for you?

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: ATABenjamin

Wed May 9 13:38:27 2007

That's horrible! I imagine that they could possibly make lots of money through this "rounding" error

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: Aaron

Wed May 9 14:29:58 2007

uh... Office Space?

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: Fruity

Fri May 11 00:27:35 2007

Yes it would. She's lucky she even got ahold of someone in billing. They don't respond to my emails when I asked for 6 months about wanting to be credited for their stupid newsletter being broken. I dont think class-action lawsuits do anything. I think we should just file against Bill Cobb and take his blubber butt to small claims court for not providing adequate service to get billing issues resolved.

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: Shabs

Fri May 11 08:30:17 2007

What a pity that such a renowned eCommerce site resorts to such malpractice. This practice absolutely theiving Sellers of their monies.

I would rather vouch for lesser known eCommerce web sites like overstock.com and zebo.com who are clear in their practice.

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: Margaret

Fri May 11 09:57:48 2007

business as usual with GREEDBAY

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: Shadow Fire Promotions, Inc.

Wed May 16 17:04:09 2007

Like this is a  big surprise. Ebay will always do anything in their power to make sure that they retain the award for least helpful customer service, website, site security, and payment type (Paypal).

People cry about ebay not helping you.  THAT's THE POINT!  They don't WANT to help you, they don't care about you.  Why?  Because no matter what they do, you'll still list there, and you'll let them get away with these issues again.

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: patty00

Mon May 21 20:09:38 2007

Okay - this time they're doing it in a BIG way.  I presently owe eBay $20.00 on my seller's account.  They know this and tell me not to worry - BUT my account balance states I owe over $106.00.  I'm not alone in this:

0&tstart=0&mod=1179790607220

Everyone
- check your ebay balance!  Even if you don't owe and even if they tell you that you don't owe - when your erroneous balance reaches its limit you will not be allowed to list!

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: ChannelConnect

Tue May 22 01:35:24 2007

We are working on a software solution. We found on almost all line items that eBay rounding resulted in £0.005 in their favour. Our monthly bill has 40000 line items. This £200 per month. Or £2400 a year, quite a bit of money. I suspect that this rounding is pocketing eBay tens of millions of profit a year. Time for some action.

eBay Billing Glitches - Again?   eBay Billing Glitches - Again?

by: art491

Fri Jul 10 16:11:21 2009

I just received a charge on a credit card, for Ebay Inc. San Jose, for $2.57 on an account that has not sold for over a year.