Thu Apr 26 2007 23:07:44

eBay Glitch Update

I recently wrote about an eBay glitch in which bidding activity was not showing up in sellers' My eBay control panel. An eBay spokesperson said the problem was fixed on April 19.

But sellers report the problem has not been fixed after 3 weeks and is in fact worse now, because bidders are unable to see items on which they have bid. Bidders report that when they go to their My eBay section, bids do not show up, therefore are unable to see if they are high bidder on items they want.

I've yet to hear back from eBay on the current status of the glitch, stay tuned.

Also, someone wrote me about a problem with Picture Manager, and they said they received the following fix from customer service:

"We have received reports of this issue, and the Images team has filed a report in order to get it fixed for you and other members as soon as possible. You may continue to use Web links from Picture Manager onto your listing by changing the display view from "List View" to "Thumbnail View" and select your images that way."

by: Billoment

Fri Apr 27 00:39:50 2007

The bids glitch has NOT been fixed on eBay at all. I put up auction items this week on the listing day and I have bids that show up in Blackthorne but nothing is showing up on my SMPro at all. That spokesperson that told you that has no clue about what is going on at all. Now if bidders are having problems there goes another bunch of buyers out the window because of their program problems that eBay continues to not be able to get a handle on.

Bill

by: Chairman

Fri Apr 27 04:32:31 2007

I have alot of concerns about these numerous bugs and the frequent changes to the eBay site. I think they could be doing a better job,

by: Vickie Schall

Fri Apr 27 08:28:17 2007

This glitch still has not been fixed by eBay. We still have people bidding on our auction items & unless we look at Andale and/or click directly on a particular item, it shows 0 bids, when in fact there are bids.

by: Vickie Schall

Fri Apr 27 08:29:34 2007

by: Billoment

Sat Apr 28 09:25:02 2007

Update on the update:

When items have only one bid they do not show up in SMPro but when there are 2 bids they do show up so the problem is even worse than we thought. eBay's program is a mess with the search problems etc. and I doubt they will ever have it under control. Every one who works in San Jose knows about it even down to the blue shirts in the Power Sellers room at eBay live last year. It is like any typical big corporation the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Bill

by: Dennis M Seeley

Sat Apr 28 10:43:30 2007

I'm not able to get on e-bay at all hope its not my computer its SaturdaY 4-28 AND E-BAYS BEEN DOWN SINCE fRIDAY NIGHT THE 27TH.

dENNY

by: Shelley

Sat Apr 28 13:29:13 2007

Nope, as of today, its still screwed up. AND also the SUBTITLES are not working. SELLERS .. check to see if your subtitles are showing up in your auction list pages (they show on the auction but sometimes not in other views).. ANOTHER GLITCH.

by: Sergua

Sun Apr 29 03:41:17 2007

eBay last days work not so good. I had write to the support, but didn't receive an answer.

by: Jennifer

Sun Apr 29 15:28:10 2007

I had an item I listed for sale on April 24 and it got a bid right away. Only it showed in MY My Ebay Summary as not having a bid, but if you went to the auction page, it said it had one bid. It wasn't until the second bid was placed on April 26th that it finally showed up in My Ebay as having bids.
I have had NO trouble at all with anything else - I didn't know a thing about the glitch until reading the AB newsletter. All items I've bid on have showed up fine in My Ebay, and Ebay has been working fine for me all day on Friday the 27th, Saturday the 28th, and today as well.

by: Billoment

Sun Apr 29 17:23:31 2007

Update.

Now the shipping calculator is screwing up. It is way overcharging on isurance when multiple items are bought. Had one customer buy 4 items for a total of $32.00 and the calculator charged $3.35 insurance instead of $1.35. Another bought a bunch of items that totaled $89.60 and the calculator charged $6.50 for the insurance instead of $2.30.
Bids are showing up finally today but as is usual they fix one thing and then something else screws up. I can not even begin to imagine what will happen come 5-14.

Bill

by: sergua

Mon Apr 30 17:36:46 2007

eBay site has very great bug. I had find it. If you want know what is it, speak, i'll told here.

by: RB

Mon May 21 23:15:50 2007

I'd like to know what the bug is, serqua.  Perhaps we can trade information.  My email is linked.