|Mon Apr 2 2007 23:46:07|
AuctionBytes Newsletter - Instructions for Opting in to HTML
By: Ina Steiner
Here's a letter we're sending to subscribers that outlines how to change preferences to receive HTML newsletters. If you have questions, post a comment and we will help you!!!
Last week, we previewed HTML versions of our two newsletters - most people said it was easier to read than the text version. However, we must make the default format Text-only, and let you opt-in to the HTML version if you like.
For those who received the HTML newsletter last week and enjoyed it, I apologize for making you do a little work to get that format again, but based on the comments, I think many of you will think it is worth it:
1) Go to http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu
2) Near the top of the page, where it says "Sign up for our Email Newsletters," enter your email address and hit "Go."
3) You'll get a message that says, "You are already a member of the AuctionBytes mailing list. If you would like to update your profile, please re-type your email address below and instructions will be emailed to you."
4) Re-enter your email address, and hit "Submit."
5) You will receive an email from email@example.com with a link to a page that will allow you to change lists and preferences.
6) When you get to that page, "UNCHECK" the box that says, "I would like to receive text only emails" and click "Submit" (the middle button).
You should now receive all future issues in HTML format. If you don't get any future newsletters, follow the above instructions and reset your preferences back to "Text."
Here are some caveats:
1) If you switch to HTML, check to make sure your ISP or email client isn't filtering them.
2) Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist
3) If you switch to HTML, the URLs will be transformed. We are trying to get the list-host to stop doing this. If you read AuctionBytes, you know you should never click on a link in an email to SIGN-IN to a service, no matter who the email is from! (Always open your browser window and log-in to the site as you normally would.)
Thanks for your patience!