Tue Dec 11 2007 11:56:28

PR Spokesperson Hani Durzy Leaving eBay

Hani Durzy is leaving eBay after nearly five years. In an email blast, he wrote "eBay has been, and continues to be, a wonderful place to work and to learn. It has afforded me the opportunity to do what I love best - to tell stories and to work with the media. It has challenged me to do things I couldn't have imagined doing five years ago. And it has given me a front-row seat as the Internet and ecommerce entered the mainstream, along with all the fun and thorny issues that go with them."

Hani followed Kevin Pursglove as main contact in North America. Kevin was at eBay from 1999 - 2003 and from what we hear, currently spends a lot of time on the golf course.

Not so for Hani. He is joining strategic communications consulting firm 463 Communications as partner. He said in his email, "As much as I have enjoyed my time at eBay and will miss all the people and excitement here, I am really looking forward to this new opportunity. It lets me explore the world of tech policy more deeply, and it should provide me with many opportunities to help organizations communicate more effectively and credibly with the media and bloggers."

I tried reaching Hani to ask him what he will miss the most and miss the least in his role as eBay spokesperson. He's currently tied up. (He's at the dentist - a good time to get him to talk, I thought, but perhaps wisely he put off our conversation until later.)

Shannon Stubo remains eBay's VP of Corporate Communications. Hani's last day is January 11, 2008.

PR Spokesperson Hani Durzy Leaving eBay   PR Spokesperson Hani Durzy Leaving eBay

by: Jeff S

Tue Dec 11 12:50:44 2007

It's been fun, Hani.

by: Randy Smythe

Tue Dec 11 14:54:07 2007

I know I've made fun of him a few times, with my rants about "eBay Speak" but I wish him well in his new endeavor.

Funny, how I wasn't included in that email blast.

by: bonni

Tue Dec 11 19:58:59 2007

"to tell stories and to work with the media" More like "to tell fibs and manipulate the media".

Maybe they can get someone in the job who actually knows how to communicate without a bunch of spin, weasel words, and management blah blah.

Nah, this is eBay we're talking about. Clear communication? No way. Doesn't fit the corporate image...

by: Alex

Tue Dec 11 20:16:39 2007

I never saw his picture before.

I can't believe his nose isn't bigger....

:O)

by: Alex

Tue Dec 11 20:18:13 2007

''I can't believe his nose isn't bigger....''

Think Pinocchio...

by: Anon E. Mouse

Wed Dec 12 01:59:30 2007

Before he leaves, maybe he could explain to the world how or why a neutral on eBay counts as a negative.

Or why a 4 or even 4.5 star rating doesn't cut-it.

Good f'n riddance topsy Durzy.

by: jsicolts

Wed Dec 12 22:59:09 2007

good riddance. terrible, creepy, unprofessional, a liar & a jerk. you won't be missed.

by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Dec 12 23:29:03 2007

Now if Meg and Bill will only follow suit! Maybe even ole Hani got tired of lying through his teeth or ''telling stories'' as he so quaintly puts it. In any case, ebay needs executives who understand both business and sales, who have a little less familiarity with greed, and a little more familiarity with professional integrity and business ethics.

Meg, Bill -- getting rid of the messenger doesn't make either of you as the creators of the messages any less responsible for the irreparable mess you've made of ebay because your personal fortunes created from stock options were never quite enough for you.

Ebay stockholders should send both of these incompetent cooks (which rhymes with books) into permanent retirement at Folsom.

by: tj

Thu Dec 13 00:40:57 2007

Spin & Spin again…If this was the real World and not eBayland..He would not of even lasted 5 days..let alone 5 years of “telling Stories”…simply disgusting.

I hope he enjoys his stock options; made on the back of so much misery and heartache from many NARU members.

About time many more of these over paid incompetent @##4#@ were physically removed from eBay

by: Aurelius Tjins

Thu Dec 13 01:51:50 2007

Thanks for the update! :)
It pays to be updated.

by: DOC

Thu Dec 13 21:56:37 2007

Recently, a Chicago woman tried to buy a designer wedding dress on e-Bay and lost $2,400 in a scam that took her money and resulted in a nasty reaction from e-Bay.  E-Bay spokesman Hani Durzy suggested that the buyer was "greedy" and less than intelligent.  He said, she "let her greed get the best of her" in falling for the scam. "What she did is the online equivalent of walking out of a store and buying something in a back alley."

Obviously, the reaction of e-Bay's Mr. Durzy was uncalled for.  The lady scammed felt bad enough, but it shows how cautious you must be when you buy things online, even from e-Bay.