Tue Oct 31 2006 22:22:33

eBay CEO Meg Whitman Blogs

The Toronto Star newspaper says Meg blogs. In referring to Jordan Banks, Managing Director of eBay Canada, the paper says:

Banks of eBay Canada said blogs now account for 40 per cent of his daily media consumption. EBay chief executive officer Meg Whitman writes a blog for internal use that helps employees keep up to date with her life and current thinking, Banks said.

What is Meg's current thinking, I wonder. (Damn Skype, I should have bought YouTube, it's a bargain at $1.65 billion.)

by: Brian Snale

Wed Nov 1 05:19:40 2006

Current thinking!!!! I doubt very much that she can think, as I see very little evidence of it on eBay, unless it's, "I think we won't bother about the scams and fraud"

by: bonni

Wed Nov 1 06:21:37 2006

Thinking? "Whew, dodged a bullet on that last quarter, what sort of rabbit can I pull out of my arse for the first quarter of 2007, though?!"

by: Fruit Helmet Cat

Wed Nov 1 13:18:22 2006

whoopdeedoo, even more of a reason to be pissed at the grossly indequate, clunker blogs they gave us ebayers. Fred Flintstone has a better blog. Just proves how social interaction is only to keep you logged into ebay as a user session to pitch to their advertisers. Yeah, I bet your employees just love you talking about a couple million being a deal.  :::eyeroll:::

by: Helen

Fri Nov 3 14:23:38 2006

Why not invite her to share some of her blogging 'wisdom' more publicly - on AuctionBytes perhaps? She would attract plenty of constructive comment I'm sure!

by: Richard Chemel

Fri Nov 3 15:40:58 2006

Hmmm...Let's see- Meg will talk openly when it comes to Financials. Meg will blog for internal eBay employees- but when it comes to the Millions of eBay buyers and sellers.... She (Fill in the blank)

by: online auction

Sun Jan 21 22:59:50 2007

We will see though very soon eBay will start positioning itself better in the Asian market. They cannot accept the fact that Yahoo! is ahead of them. And they will spend some serious money.

by: Jane Wittmann

Sun Jul 1 19:16:19 2007

Actually all I want to find out is an email address to report to EBay the outrageous things Ebay in Brazil ("Mercadolivre") is doing, specially regarding to the terms agreed - in Brazil you do break all the items of the agreement and we can't do anything but either get in touch with you or hire a lawyer and pay for a battle. If I Have to I will, but I thought you should know ebay in brazil in losing credibility - even the huge amount of money being spent in advertisements these last months won't solve the real problem, i.e., whoever runs the company in Brazil. Thank you.

by: Omar Fernandez

Thu Sep 13 22:31:03 2007

Please visit the following and see what Meg Whitman really cares about.

by: Fruity

Sun Oct 14 03:20:46 2007

Talking out of your azz isn't blogging, its called farting. lmao. I just had to say it

by: Mary Eveland

Fri Jan 4 21:09:51 2008

I recently had a friend whose niece went missing and my first thought was Ebay so I searched for a link to post an amber Alert but did not find one. Then I quickly posted an auction to get her face and info out there quickly. I then emailed the government comittee of ebay several times apealing to their sense of civic duty.I requested a reply to a request for an amber alert on ebays front page and also requested my auction to be free. I relisted twice: Ebay Item number: 130184894560 Ebay Item number: 130182720244  Ebay Item number: 130179883236 The only reply I got was an invoice of their intentions to take the fees from my paypal account. Ebay Invoice Number:  123107-19186710018

I hope someone at ebay sees this and realizes that they do have a cicic duty to the missing and exploited children to post Amber Alerts on their front page.

I also hope the cheap bastards refund my fees.

Mary Eveland
eveland1@ptd.net

by: ROBERT PETITCLERC

Sat Jan 5 03:11:31 2008

hi how are you l am a ebay member for a few months know and l really like your ebay place to buy l give you my hat of for you good work but l got l a problem with one of your ebay sellers l try for 3 weeks to solve this problem and no one can help me so you may be the one to help me with my problem l am from canada ontario timmins the town from shania twain lives my problem is is l buy a musicial instrument for my son for xmas on ebay from a seller from your store he looks like a good seller a the time l was wrong l bid for this guitar he had and notice he is selling it at the same bid l was biding for it so l ask the seller if l can buy it now instead of biding for it he this yes so he cancell my bid and l buy it now bid the cancell bid #item number was #250181322268on nov 3 at 1330.01 PDT and l pay for it all most at the same time with pay pal l got the copy pay pal to l didn,t notice at the time l bought it there was no item number that is why l am having a hard time for some one to help me an also my time was up 45 days past so pay pal can help and your ebay can,t help l try to email him 10 times and call him to and he doesn,t answer his phone so l had in a corner now my son doesn,t have his xmas gift yet and l am out of $300 dollars all l am just doing this is for my son he want,s his guitar jay turse custom 50 sg with the gold trimmings l got ripoff before on the internet for $700 a sauna some other people in timmins to got caught with this so thst,s why l am surprise that this is going on in ebay so please help me and my son to get his xmas wish come true thank you for listen merry xmas happy new year..

by: ed

Sun Mar 14 10:51:35 2010

How can meg whitman run california when she can not clean up her ebay sites. Self slabbers have been ripping of ebay buyers for years. Especially INTERNATIONAL NUMISMATIC BUREAU. inb has over 500 negative feedbacks in 6 months and 100s of neutral feedbacks, if it were a small fish such as myself I would be barred from selling at the very least. This self slabbers has been selling coins as MS 70 that are no better than pocket change, further more how many old coins can you find in jars and cigar boxes? Ebay keeps this seller, in my opinion, because he moves thousands of coins a month through ebay, generating profit for ebay. Why get rid of a cash cow. If this is what California is in for, do we really want it? Meg Whitman clean up ebay before you try to run millions of peoples lives in the real world, your not dealing with cyber space when you run governor of my great state.

by: steve

Thu Apr 22 04:46:34 2010

I actually met her once..She was very impressionable and really seemed to care. She autographed my book..www.bizbum.com

by: Megless CA

Sun May 16 23:49:05 2010

Meg Whitman: Will the real Meg Whitman please stand up?

She has shitty political views; Anti-Gay Marriage; anti-medical cannabis; she pissed off a lot of EBay sellers making ''EBay better''.  She should run for the mayor of Boise, ID with Sarah Palin as her secretary. She is against city rights and hates immigrants (although doesn't mind them as domestic servants or eating the fruits of their labors).  CA blue-why?  Because we needed the money-Yes We Can!  Meg You Can’t.  Go back to ruining EBay please.

by: jane

Wed Sep 14 02:05:42 2011

IT MUST BE YOUR ALLOWING EBAY USER JAYANDMARIE TO USE EBAY USER JIMMY_JAM_SLAM AND A FEW OTHER EBAY ID'S TO RATE OTHER
SELLERS POORLY AND BID UP THEIR OWN AUCTIONS. YOU HAVE ALLOWED THESE MEMBERS TO GET OTHER SELLERS KICKED OFF EBAY
DO TO THEIR BEING RATED LOW AND THEN YOU CHARGE THEM FOR RETURNED ITEMS THESE EBAYERS NEVER WANTED TO BEGIN WITH . ITS BEING
REPORTED WITH PROOF ALL OVER THE NET ... SO MAYBE ONE DAY EBAY WILL SINK WITH THERE SLIMEBALLS AND FRAUD SELLERS JAYANDMARIE !!