Wed Nov 18 2020 09:54:37

eBay Seller Told Inability to End Some Listings Is Known Bug

A couple of eBay sellers reported an issue in which they're unable to end some listings. "eBay has a sitewide bug since Monday that is preventing sellers from ending some listings," a reader told us. "eBay's development team has no fix and no eta on solving the problem."

The reader explained that when a unique item sells through one of his other venues (including several platforms as well as his brick-and-mortar store), he has no way to remove the item from eBay. That could lead to him having to cancel a sale, which would impact his performance metrics.

"They have offered to remove any defects we receive from not having the items but they cannot fix the problem," he said. "I was told it is not just our account but a sitewide problem. Might be worth letting other people know about this."

A quick scan of the eBay seller discussion boards showed a thread in which a seller reported yesterday they were unable to remove or end listings. Another user responded with some advice, though the original poster did not return to indicate if they had found a workaround.

There is no response from eBay to the thread.

Perminate Link for eBay Seller Told Inability to End Some Listings Is Known Bug   eBay Seller Told Inability to End Some Listings Is Known Bug

This user has validated their user name. by: Carl

Wed Nov 18 12:49:48 2020

Only workaround for now, is if you have something to list, edit the item you cannot remove into the new item you are listing.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Wed Nov 18 13:06:53 2020

Oh sure! They don't know what's happening. They're just probably trying to stop people like me from relisting my "GTC's" every month.  Of course they want to stop that. It works.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Wed Nov 18 13:17:35 2020

There were 10 I needed to end and sell similar today. The first go round it blocked me but when I did it again it let me end them.

They sure do some baffling coding those techies.

by: postbuster This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 18 17:49:34 2020

everything ebay does wrong is a "known bug".

"eBay's development team has no fix and no eta on solving the problem."
Meaning that there is no INTENTION to fix it.

As long as listings cannot end, there will be more listing fee's to wrongfully charge.  Because how can you contact anyone there when nobody's home pre-, or post- COVID?

by: reybo This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 01:00:40 2020

Here’s an eBay headache. A zero feedback buyer who joined eBay in late October (and speaks only Spanish) told me today he doesn’t want both the $225 items he bid on, just one of them. When I tried to cancel the sale for item 2, it was not possible. Ebay’s ''Cancel An Item'' would force me to cancel both items, and not allow cancelling one. Evidently it doesn’t look at ITEMS but looks at BUYERS.

But I could re-list Item 2 even though the sale wasn’t canceled. Ebay had no problem with that.

I arranged for a callback from ebay about the item return issue. And I got a call back quickly. But the caller didn’t say he was from eBay: he said he was from AT&T Television. Call centers wear many hats. I quickly got him off the line.

Then I got an email from eBay saying they tried to reach me but could not.

There is no way to bring this to ebay’s attention. Management is contact-proof.

But here’s the interesting part. I explained to the cancelling  bidder (using Google translation) that ebay required me to cancel both his bids and I did. Thereupon eBay sent me email saying they would refund the non-paying buyer $477 and he had 10 days to say he was OK with that.

So I placed a 3rd call to support saying this was wrong. Entry-level Support checked with upper-level support and agreed no refund was called for.

Alas, both items show in my account as cancelled pending that $477 refund, and the cancelling bidder is given 10 days to contact eBay. WTF. To be safe, I drained the accounts eBay & PayPal have access to. None is a charge card.

After 24 years selling on eBay, I say with experience that they have never been less competent than they are in 2020.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bidonmine

Thu Nov 19 09:09:31 2020

To prevent it from selling, the workaround I used was to change the price on the item to $10,000 (instead of $20)... Eventually i was able to cancel the item .

by: Mamak This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 09:16:32 2020

I attempted to end some listings yesterday and it would not allow me to do so.  I received a message to see announcements  but there was not an announcement.

I am also having a problem with a return that was my fault.  I was only given the ability to refund  for the item not the shipping.  When I called I was assured by some babbling idiot that I did not believe, that the customer was already refunded the shipping by ebay and in 10 days they will close out the return.  This is just crazy.

by: Mark4 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 10:56:54 2020

We can't end listings as well. Just changing the price to 20K for a 8$ item ends the sales just fine.

by: eastwestphoto This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 14:10:18 2020

eBay needs better source code programmers from USA!  In defense of ebay the platform is from 1995 and its been changed to its 200 different pages, many times.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 16:47:19 2020

the self proclaimed greatest tech company fails again

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 21:32:30 2020

Not to sound NAIVE, but have you TRIED just revising the quantity available to ZERO?

I did that to TWO items within the past month with no giant hand reaching down from San Jose and swatting me into next week.