Mon May 23 2016 15:13:59

eBay Opens Registration for July Seller Conference

eBay is hosting a conference for sellers in Las Vegas in July and began emailing invitations to users. The event will be held at the Venetian Hotel on July 26-29, 2016.

The cost: sellers will pay $199 to attend "eBay OPEN." (PayPal not accepted.)

Who should attend? In a FAQ, eBay answers this question: "The event is intended for all eBay enthusiasts, particularly small and medium sized businesses who sell on eBay. Whether you're a new seller just starting out, or an established company looking to take your sales to the next level, you'll get access to the latest tools, information and best practices to improve your sales and streamline your business on eBay."

Are you planning to attend the eBay OPEN seller event? Why or why not?

Perminate Link for eBay Opens Registration for July Seller Conference   eBay Opens Registration for July Seller Conference

This user has validated their user name. by: White Rabbit

Tue May 24 08:55:36 2016

I agree that the not accepting paypal is the NEWS here. I mean they own paypal. Are they telling us Paypal has issues? are they going to stop using paypal on Ebay? :-) I mean you can use Paypal to pay 100% of all transactions you can imagine that accept creditcards. I have never once heard of anyone refusing Paypal or the paypal debit card? I think the reason for this is the news here? what could the reason be?

This user has validated their user name. by: White Rabbit

Tue May 24 08:59:34 2016

the only thing i can think of is their fear of possible charge backs?

or maybe request a refund or credit of all the money they lost gambling in the casinos? no one goes home a winner in Vegas :-) your money stays in vegas. LOL

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue May 24 09:41:17 2016

They say they don't take Paypal, but I bet they take my Paypal Credit card with the Mastercard logo.

Ina, can you get that clarified?

This user has validated their user name. by: WOODJUNGLE! ON EBAY

Tue May 24 10:33:00 2016

This site is so god awful now.  I honestly didn't think traffic would ever drop to this level. Clueless is what they are all about.  Why spend $200 to learn something I already know?

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 24 11:17:02 2016

For me - its not just about the cost of the trip - its what I would or in this case WOULDNT get out of it.

I go to CES in Vegas every year, sometimes I go to the Baby Show and others as well. I make an investment in/for our company to make new contacts, meet people in charge, get new ideas and of course I go to see LOVE at the Mirage! LOL

Going to this .. its not the $79.99 ticket (one way) to Vegas from Trenton or AC Airport (or what ever) plus I have the points if I want to go gratis - its simply ....... theres nothing to be gained by going.

Sure I'd have to restrain myself from not slugging the Grifter - hes my mortal enemy at eBay (I wish him no physical harm IRL) and what would I saw to the idiot Wenig?

Will they help me with faulty returns? NO

Will they remove the countless listings that use copyright pics that are eBay? NO

Will they remove the counterfeit items on eBay? NO

Will they let me sell any of Tools 420 so that I can get rich like he is? NO (selling/growing/distributing a controlled substance is STILL a crime (Federal) and (State) here in NYC btw).

So what would I accomplish by going? NOTHING.

Better off to stay home, buy something to sell and post it on Amazon - THAT is what I can accomplish!

by: minnie This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 24 11:26:05 2016

I have attended 3 or 4 ebay LIVE! in the past...Anaheim, Vegas, San Jose.  At the time I think the most we paid was $25 for 2 of us.  Special price for Powersellers.  We didn't attend more than 1 or 2 of the meeting, hanging out in the Powerseller space.  We learned more from talking to other Powersellers than we would have at the various meetings & conferences.  $199 ?  Not a chance.

by: moto-science This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 24 12:10:36 2016

"Seller celebration......"  with all you can eat hot dogs and sodas for $199.

This is a moron convention.......

by: its_pronounced_boo-KAY This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 24 13:00:23 2016

Look at the positives - maybe Griff will wear that sequined Liberace-type jacket again. Preserving that sight for posterity (and Facebook) might almost be worth the price of admission.

by: Randy This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 24 13:25:42 2016

Ebay forces it's sellers to accept only PP but won't accept it themselves...HYPOCRITES! Sure hope their invitation emails went out in Chinese!!

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Tue May 24 14:47:44 2016

The $199 registration just shows you how out of touch Wenig is with sellers on eBay. Add in the cost of airfare, hotel, food and the 3 hour TSA wait at airports. No wonder it is hard to have a level playing field when eBays thinking process is so off-kilter. Probably stems back to JD's bizarre Thinking Days.

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Tue May 24 16:10:41 2016

"The fact that they will not accept PayPal is a head scratcher though."—Rexford

Yes, very strange, given that notwithstanding the "spin-off" of PayPal from eBay, eBay and "PreyPal" remain effectively joined at the hip—for at least the next five years ...

One can only surmise that, like most sellers, eBay does not like PayPal's exorbitant discount fees—LOL ...

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the unscrupulous, the malevolent, the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid. ...

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Tue May 24 18:38:43 2016

Same here, I don't see that I'd get anything out if it.  Sounds like it's be a live version of their online suggestions.  Take more returns, ship everything for free, buy more money, blah blah blah.

by: dander This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 24 20:45:15 2016

Just what I want to do, go and find out what I am doing wrong, and let what I have to say what they are doing wrong fall on deaf ears.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 26 00:27:44 2016

It actually cost money to attend? your kidding right?

by: GotToGetOut This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 26 08:51:11 2016

This is going to be another Ebay mistake. What are they thinking. One of the SMARTEST things they ever did was end the Ebay Live formats once Ebay sellers revolted. I was at the one where EBay sellers made that female executive (not Meg) cry on stage when everyone was up in arms about counting neutral feedback as negative (a bad decision but even worse that it was effective 2 or 3 months after it was initiated, even for people whose feedback was valid for 12 months! BTW, this was the only Ebay policy I ever saw them revoke!

I don't want to pay to go but I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see what happens. I don't think it's going to be pretty unless the people who attend are all toolguy clones. Or maybe toolguy will be there as a presenter??

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri May 27 09:49:04 2016

I'll be at the Venetian on July 9th, not sure about the 29th.

If it didn't cost so much we might attend. But the $199 per person just isn't going to cut it.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri May 27 11:38:43 2016

eBay should make a listing:

Ebay Seller Conference in Las Vegas

Buy it Now only $199

Only 5000 available so act fast!

Does eBay Inc. even have an account?

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Fri May 27 14:17:33 2016

@Tool,

Seriously, if you are already doing so well on eBay why would you ever consider attending this eBay circus—even if they paid you to come—in the hope of "learning" anything from these cretins?

"If eBay were "smart" they would allow sellers to add the cost of this conference onto their ebay account and pay it off slowly instead of paying in Vegas where everyone wants that $199 for the tables or slots."—LOL

Let's face it, anyone that can't afford the $199 fee, eBay does not want to talk to—only "brands" need attend—LOL

Regardless, just what could these cretins teach anyone about anything; they can't even keep their marketplace platform stable ...

"Attend general sessions and a myriad of topical workshops for insights into eBay's long term strategy, updates on your eBay seller tools, and programs to grow your business. Learn how to streamline your customer service, create listings that sell, marketing tips and tricks, shipping programs, and MORE - all shared by eBay and other industry experts."—LOL ...

by: mcposty This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 30 11:55:44 2016

Funny because you gamble everytime you post an item on ebay

by: madanthony This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jun 13 15:10:11 2016

I think the point of this is that, if you want to take a vacation to Vegas, if you go because of this conference, you can write off much of your vacation expenses on your taxes, since conferences and related travel and lodging are perfectly valid expenses.

As far as not taking PayPal, they are using a 3rd-party event registration company, cVent, so it may be that cVent doesn't take PayPal.

1 2 3  [Next Page]