|Tue Jan 26 2010 08:14:29|
eBay Announces Fee Changes, Will Eliminate Store Format
By: Ina Steiner
As anticipated, eBay will eliminate its Store Inventory format and has introduced a new pricing structure effective March 30, 2010. There will be one Fixed Price format on eBay - listings in the current Stores Inventory Format will automatically become regular Fixed Price listings with the same duration and appear with all other Fixed Price listings in eBay search results.
eBay will also extend the multi-variation listing feature to more categories - this allows sellers to list multiple variations of a product, including color and size, in one listing.
Sellers may no longer use the PowerSeller icon or references to the PowerSeller designation in listing templates, listing descriptions, About Me pages, or Stores pages.
Some initial thoughts:
With the new eBay Stores pricing, it's much more expensive to list in Stores format for low-volume sellers - you pay the same $15.95/month subscription fee, but rather than paying as low as 3 cents to list, you must pay a 20-cent insertion fee. However, your listings appear in Core search results.
An option would be to pay a higher monthly subscription fee - almost $50, and get insertion fees of 5 cents. eBay says this works for sellers who list over 250 items per month.
A lot of news to digest here, let's hear your comments!
- No Insertion Fees for Auction-style listings when you list your item with a start price under $1—up to 100 listings per month. Pay only if your item sells.
- New low Insertion Fees when you list your item with a start price of $1 or more
- One easy Final Value Fee of 9% of the winning bid—and never more than $50—regardless of your start price or final selling price.
- 50-cent Insertion Fee for Fixed Price with Final Value Fees for the most part staying the same.
eBay will also introduce new fees for its Stores.
BASIC: 20¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, $15.95/month - Consider a Basic Store if you list more than 50 Fixed Price or Auction-style items a month. It's a great starter package if you plan to start an eBay business or ramp up your selling.
PREMIUM: 5¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, $49.95/month - Great choice for higher volume sellers (more than 250 items per month) and sellers listing in both Auction-style and Fixed Price formats.
ANCHOR: 3¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, $299.95/month - Get the same great deal as the old Store Inventory format-now with full exposure in search results! With an Anchor Store subscription, higher volume sellers get top savings and the lowest package rates on eBay.
NOTE: Starting in March, meeting the new minimum performance standard for all sellers will be a requirement for Premium and Anchor subscribers. ("Above Standard.")
- Insertion Fees as low as 3¢ for Fixed Price listings with full exposure in search results
- Fixed Price Final Value Fees for the most part staying the same
- New low Auction-style Insertion Fees
- Auction-style Final Value Fees significantly reduced over the new standard rate
- FREE pictures—up to 12 per listing
- FREE Selling Manager Pro with Premium and Anchor subscriptions
- Plus all the other great marketing tools you get with an eBay Stores subscription, including your own customizable store front and Markdown Manager.
New PowerSeller discounts and seller requirements coming in mid-April - the new PowerSeller requirements (originally announced in July 2009) will be in effect for all PowerSellers, not just Top-rated sellers. And with the new PowerSeller discount schedule (also announced in July), only eBay Top-rated sellers will receive 20% fee discounts. All other PowerSellers will receive 5% discounts. PowerSellers will see this change reflected on their statements starting May 1, 2010.
Here's a link to eBay's overview page.
|Comments (389) | Leave Comment | Permalink|