728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 Home   EB Blog   AB Blog   Letters   Podcasts   ABTV   Forums   EPIS   PR Service   Classifieds   
  Email    NewsFlash RSS    Twitter      Web Site  

Default HELP WITH LIMOGES MARK ALBERT PILLIVUYT

hello.
    anyone can help me with indentification of this porc elain?
    age, and if its possible, a price.

thanks

LIMOGES PLATE WITH:

ALBERT PILLIVUYT
    FOECY-LIMOGES
    FRANCE
    (green)

[/img]

That mark does not match any in Kovels Dictionary of Marks or Encylopedia of Limoges by Gaston. It is closets to one in Kovels shown as being used from 1913 on. The Limoges book seems to indicate the company went out of business around 1936.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it appears that the design was transfered to the plate (coloring book like outline) and then the color applied by hand. Take a look at the outline "lines" of the design and see if it's not little dots, while the color is more solid, perhaps with brush strokes.

Maybe someone else can give you more information. I really don't feel comfortable giving a value. Value is the result of a lot of variables on pieces such as this.

Lou

thank you for your help.

4. Default

Foecy is a town in the northern area of the Limoges region. There were several porcelain manufacturers there, especially around the turn of the century. The factory name is not one I have heard of. I don't think the name is a signature or a referance to an artist. Research the name. See if there is anything significant to it or if they did anything great. It isnt listed in any books that I know of but who knows?
    charles

hello.
    thanks.
    i made a research but not special to added.
    if a yone need some information of portuguese pottery, porcelain, faience....
    tell me please, probably i can help.