728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 Home   EB Blog   AB Blog   Letters   Podcasts   ABTV   Forums   EPIS   PR Service   Classifieds   
  Email    NewsFlash RSS    Twitter      Web Site  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default L and R Germany small ornate porcelain lamps- seeking info

Hello. I just acquired two matching L and R Germany small ornate porcelain lamps and would be curous to know who, when,and where they were made. Also, their relative scarcity and value, approximately.

Thank you so much!

Dan

I can't see your pictures!!!

Default lamps

We're doing fine...just took a little over three days to notice the lamp pictures are missing! Where are you, Sandy, we need you.

Reen

Default L and R Germany porcelain lamps

Hello! I do not know how to post pictures on this forum.

Do you really need an image to tell what "L and R, German" signifies on porcelain?

I can understand needing the images for a value or a specific
    identification of the two lamps.

If you asked me a question about a coin with no image, I could tell
    you plenty without a photo.

Your help is appreciated.

Have a nice day!

The information you have provided is no better then if I asked for scarity and value on a coin with the following information
    It's a dime, it was made in the US
    There is a heck of a lot more variables to ID'ing and valuing them. I can't tell you the scarcity of ANY pottery or porcelain item with out a picture, or at least a specific ID. If you want our help you need to provide us with the information we need.

There are a LOT of companies with the same initials. Therefore in general it is much easier to determine who a maker is from a picture of the mark, even if it is just initials. Also, the same company often changed their marks several times over the years.

Kovels does not list a mark for L & R Germany.

Lou[/quote]

Default Lou, maybe you can point me in the right direction

Since you canot tell the maker from the initials and the stamp
    "German," perhaps you can tell me where I might go to seek any
    information. I did Google the initials and came up with nothing. I
    tried GoAntiques and also got a goose egg.

As for your coin analogy, you would be asking about a specific type of dime like Bust, Seated, Barber, Mercury, or Roosevelt and I would then need to know the year, mintmark, and condition.

Have a nice day!

Default If somebody here can send me their email, I can send images

Since I do not know how to post images on this forum, if some kind
    sould can email or instant message me, I can email them with the
    images for this matching pair of German porcelain lamps.

TUVM

Have a nice day!

you would be asking about a specific type of dime like Bust, Seated, Barber, Mercury, or Roosevelt and I would then need to know the year, mintmark, and condition.
    That was my point. The information you thought was sufficient was not, just as my information of a dime made in the US was not.

You can email me your photos and I can post them

loujust4u@insightbb.com

Lou

happycamperdan is the moderator on the coin thread and is frequently curt and offensive with his answers. As for not knowing how to post pictures the following was a quote to his own thread:
    Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:08 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dan

if you take a look at this thread from "The Haul" Forum, there is a simple (I hope!) tutorial there in the second post on how to add photos here at Auctionbytes.

Here is the link
    http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/ph...pic.php?t=7003

Hope that helps
    Cheri
    He was made aware of how to post images at that time and in further replys acknowledged same several times.
    happycamperdan, your busted!!

Wally, I knew he was a mod on the coin forum, and am more then a little surprised he doesn't know how to post pics. It really isn't that difficult to do, especially with there are step by step instructions.

Lou