AuctionBytes.com AUTHOR GUIDELINES
is a free twice-monthly email newsletter targeted towards experienced and new users of
online auctions. AuctionBytes-Update is full of practical information for buyers and
sellers written in an easy-to-read and entertaining style.
We are looking
for stories to help people conduct online auctions more efficiently, both as buyers and
sellers. Types of stories include:
- How-to articles (i.e., chat forum etiquette, displaying your auction item, etc.)
- Reviews of software, sites, services and more
- Information about reference and research sources (books, Web sites, etc.)
- Tips and tricks
- Experiences with online auctions
- Profiles of successful online users/auctioners
- Issues affecting online users (i.e., policies and fees of online auction sites)
- News about collectibles and online auction sites
Articles should be 100500 words in length.
Corner is a feature containing articles on collectibles with categories including
Antiques, Coins, Stamps, Comics, Memorabilia, Porcelain/Pottery, Sports Collectibles,
Toys, Games and Dolls. Certain sections are assigned to "mini-editors" who
regularly contribute to Collector's Corner. One-time contributors are welcome on all
categories of collectibles.
Some ideas for coverage for Collector's Corner:
- How-to techniques
- Useful Web sites w/ short descriptions of each
- Associations/clubs with contact info
- Reference books/tools/magazines
- Upcoming shows & conferences
- Interesting facts & figures
You do not have to be a professional writer to contribute a story about
collectibles. You must be knowledgeable about the topic about which you are writing, and
you must regularly use online auctions.
not be a professional writer to write for AuctionBytes-Update. But you do need to be an
experienced online auction user. You must sign a contract. We pay a pre-negotiated fee for
regular articles, $20 for stories about collectibles, and nothing for opinion pieces.
Story ideas must be approved ahead of time. If you are a first-time writer to
AuctionBytes-Update, there is no guarantee that a story you have written will be
published. Each writer will get a byline: name, email address and an auction handle. If
desired, a business name & URL could be included at editor's discretion. Your
information will be added to our Authors page, found at http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/authors.
If you are interested
in writing for AuctionBytes.com, please pitch the story idea to the editor along with your
background. We require that you sign a contract before
we publish anything. We pay only for stories that we have approved beforehand and only if
the article is actually published in the newsletter. We will not pay for unsolicited
articles. Send your story ideas to: email@example.com