eBay Asks, Are You Satisfied with the Listing Process?
By Ina Steiner
How satisfied are you with your experience filling out the listing form on eBay? That was a question on a recent survey eBay sent sellers. The survey was extremely short - only four questions in total - and centered on the listing process and the sellers' experience listing a specific item.
Jacob Aqraou, Senior Vice President of eBay Marketplaces Europe, signed the email invitation, which read:
We see that you listed the item (redacted by EcommerceBytes) for sale on eBay on (date redacted by EcommerceBytes). We'd greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience listing this item - please take a few minutes to complete a short survey.
The eBay Selling team regularly reviews feedback from customer surveys to identify opportunities for improvement.
If you have a particular concern that requires help from eBay Customer Support, please visit our Contact Us page.
Thank you for your time and for being an eBay customer!
Clicking on the link to the recipient to the survey, which asked:
- How likely is it that you would recommend selling on eBay to a friend or colleague? Please use a 0 to 10 scale, where 0 represents "Not at all likely" and 10 represents "Extremely likely."
- Please tell us what you liked most about listing the item: (Redacted). Please be as specific as possible.
- It is possible that eBay may want to re-contact you as a result of your responses to this survey. Does eBay have your permission to re-contact you with any follow-up questions?
A search of eBay's U.S. discussion boards shows eBay conducted a similar survey conducted last month, but one that asked buyers:
- What is it about buying on eBay that makes you most likely to recommend us to a friend or colleague? Please be as specific as possible.
- Considering your recent shopping experiences on eBay, please rate your level of satisfaction with eBay's performance on the following dimensions. Please use a 0-10 scale, where 0 represents "Not At All Satisfied" and 10 represents "Extremely Satisfied."
- Thinking about the past 3 months, have you had any bad experiences when buying an item on eBay? Please use a 0 to 10 scale, where 0 represents "Not at all satisfied" and 10 represents "Extremely satisfied."
And in October, EcommerceBytes wrote about another, similar survey sent to eBay sellers in the U.S., that one asking sellers measuring sellers' satisfaction with their experience editing live listings. See more and leave a comment on this October blog post.
About the author:
Ina Steiner is co-founder and Editor of EcommerceBytes and has been reporting on ecommerce since 1999. She's a widely cited authority on marketplace selling and is author of "Turn eBay Data Into Dollars" (McGraw-Hill 2006). Her blog was featured in the book, "Blogging Heroes" (Wiley 2008). Follow her on Twitter at @ecommercebytes and send news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may quote up to 50 words of any article on the condition that you attribute the article to EcommerceBytes.com and either link to the original article or to www.EcommerceBytes.com.
All other use is prohibited.