Tue July 11 2017 20:12:44

eBay Rep Tells Seller Half.com Isn't Closing When It Is

By: Reader

I have been selling on eBay for 17 years and half.com for 15 years. You mentioned about 10 days ago that half.com was closing on 8/31. and that sellers were notified by email. I was never notified.

I tried to reach half.com by phone but was told that I had to send them an email. So I did 10 days ago and an automated reply said to allow up to 48 hours for a reply. I sent a second email after no reply in 48 hours and did this three times. It has now been 10 days and no one except your column has told me half.com is closing.

I just called eBay customer service and they told me it is not closing. However the only place on half.com I see that it is closing is on the help page where it says: NOTIFICATION : Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017. Returns and refunds will continue to be processed until October 31, 2017.

This is the only place it appears. It does not even appear on the listing page or search page where it would make sense to be if it was in deed closing.

What I would like to know is with this being the only tangible indication it is closing and eBay telling me it is not closing and none of my emails asking about it closing are answered, what the hell is going on at eBay and half.com? This is extremely frustrating.
Thank you.
S.

Note from the editor: See this June 16th story, "eBay to Close Half.com, Its Book and Media Marketplace."

eBay Rep Tells Seller Half.com Isn't Closing When   eBay Rep Tells Seller Half.com Isn't Closing When

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 12 06:07:40 2017

Just more proof that Ebay and their customer service have the total IQ of 0

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 12 06:59:02 2017

Froggy,  You're being TOO GENEROUS.  I'm thinking more like NEGATIVE 131 ... the OPPOSITE of Genius level I.Q..

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Jul 12 09:41:27 2017

This letter reminds me of the saying about the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 12 11:36:13 2017

standard operating procedures for fleece bay. completely ignorant

by: booklover27 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 12 11:37:54 2017

I remember when I had a personal rep at half.com and my sales at Half were 80% of Amazon.com and I was doing big numbers in sales.  Then along came a spider named Ebay and put its evil touch on that once great promising company and basically destroyed it.
I hope to see all the Ebay board members and upper management in jail soon...Enron style.  I think they are not very forthcoming about their true sales.  Its time for the Millennials to rise and create true marketplaces on the internet.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 13 05:33:25 2017

Half.com is closing.  Remove your items and put them elsewhere.

by: jg8222 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 13 06:55:40 2017

I received the e-mail that Half.com is closing. I am leaving my listings up till it does and then moving them elsewhere.