Tue Nov 7 2017 10:43:36

eBay Sellers Should Watch for Make an Offer Change

By: Reader

Woke up today to find 3 listings had been changed to 'Make An Offer" with threshold set at 50% of my Fixed Price selling price.

eBay customer service reps were caught unawares, as I was. But this is a new feature they are beginning.

CHANGING YOUR PRICES!! Wow
P.

eBay Sellers Should Watch for Make an Offer Change   eBay Sellers Should Watch for Make an Offer Change

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 7 11:29:17 2017

what a surprise, said no one.

fleecebay strikes again.

the cheerleaders will probably say its a good thing. make more sales, lose more money!!

This user has validated their user name. by: eXtinctBay

Tue Nov 7 11:51:51 2017

Wonder if a buyer makes an offer at 50% off, and it is auto-accepted? Would the seller be FORCED to give a discount and complete the transaction??

Since eBay doesn't own the merchandise offered on their site, they have nothing to lose here. Except more small sellers, which they do not really care to keep anyway.

by: Bidderboy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 7 13:33:06 2017

There was actually an announcement about this on 10/16, as follows: "Starting this week, eBay will begin testing a feature that will add Best Offer to auction-style listings. Only a select group of consumer sellers, those who are new to eBay or sell only occasionally, will be included in the test. Based on previous tests, we found this feature drives higher sales conversion, especially in cases when the starting bid is set higher than the recommended Buy it Now price. The option for a Best Offer disappears after the auction receives its first bid.

Sellers can auto-decline Best Offer requests through the Manage Offers feature. On
Desktop, go to the item page (view item) > Manage Offers > Change offer settings"

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 7 13:41:11 2017

The "we are just a venue" people STRIKE AGAIN!

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 7 16:24:06 2017

All my items are Buy It Now.
I have noticed when I relist items that all of a sudden I have "Best Offer" added.
Sometimes, I have been caught off guard until I get an Best Offer from a buyer and I see that my listing has BIN and Best Offer.

EBay, Keep your hands off my business.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Nov 8 14:05:09 2017

Ebafia has crossed a bright red legal line here.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 01:12:42 2017

I for one will not accept whatever offer Ebay changes my original BO to.  Won't do it.  Everybody should tweet @askebay and complain.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 01:20:57 2017

Attempted price fixing via incompetenty derived, sack-o-data justified, compulsory market plan adjustments for service solicited listings of products to which they have no title?

How can that possibly be legal, even IF the forced compliance could be 'worked around'? For now.

Regardless, it is unconsionable for them to unleash their blunderbussed 'tests' upon unsuspecting sellers, especially when it might impact or complicate their ability to sell on their own terms.  Experienced or not.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 02:03:10 2017

Class Action lawsuits and complaints to BBB are warranted.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Nov 9 02:45:50 2017

I would never accept a best offer on one of my listings that Ebay would do this to.  And I would file a complaint anywhere and everywhere I could regarding it.

by: Windkissed This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 06:02:59 2017

I think ebay is getting to big for their britches.  Its my business and my pricing.  They should keep their noses out of my business.

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 06:35:32 2017

How did you discover this???

by: JWsax This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 07:41:06 2017

They seem determined to create enmity and not loyalty from the sellers. I am a typical example, I used to love ebay and sing its praises. Now I hate ebay, warn people away from selling there and only use it to sell the least valuable of my items and to create awareness for larger direct sales.

by: dander This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 9 11:33:52 2017

goodness it doesn't affect most of us. Its going to affect those that think their junk is worth brand new prices.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 10 02:51:53 2017

I only do BIN and rarely use b/o but I get them all the time anyway - one store has 15% off right now and I still get offers for 50% off the already reduced price.  I have a standard text saved in my documents that I reply with. (copy and paste)  It informs them that ebay/paypal and uspo now take 33% of my sale price and that doesn't include the price of the inventory nor the gas and shipping supplies required to complete the sale.  A fact that most buyers don't even realize.  Once informed of these statistics I decline their generous offer and most will accept the already on sale price. Or they just go away which is perfectly fine with me.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Tue Nov 14 06:25:02 2017

Right out of Poshmark's playbook.  We all know that eBay doesn't have any original ideas.  They just watch their competition and implement what they implement.

What they don't realize is that many sellers went to these venues to get away from eBay and their horrible treatment of sellers.  And their micro-managing.

When eBay start changing sellers' pricing without their consent they truly are no longer "just a venue".